Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Obama-Backed Solar Plant Could Be Shut Down For Not Producing Enough Energy

I used to spend a lot of time out in the Mohave Desert before moving to NM. If this is the solar plant that is near Newberry Springs, it has been there for a very, very long time (long before any of us heard the name Obama) although based on these pictures it has expanded . I for one care a lot about the animals. We have also heard about the wind farms killing birds. But I have to agree that the coal industry has had so many more casualties and highly affected the environment in a very negative way. I think my one concern would be when they discuss the high temperature created by the solar panel mirrors, how high above the mirrors is that happening. I didn't hear them discuss that. I would be concerned what this amount of heat is doing to the the environment in every aspect.

We all know coal is not the answer. I think we are still in the early stages of developing clean energy. It is going to take time to get it figured out. Yes, blame it on Obama of course.

2. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Obama-Backed Solar Plant Could Be Shut Down For Not Producing Enough Energy

We wouldn't want to kill any of those poor birds. Humans ... well, in the name of profits, that will be OK.

Technology stops for no one. Coal and the associated fossil fuels will be history.
    Just like land line telephones and photo film cameras ... time stops for no one, even the ignorant.

bean

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    We wouldn't want to kill any of those poor birds. Humans ... well, in the name of profits, that will be OK.

Technology stops for no one. Coal and the associated fossil fuels will be history.
    Just like land line telephones and photo film cameras ... time stops for no one, even the ignorant.
    The clean air authority speaks volumes like his climate controlled president
    Coal and the associated fossil fuels will be history
    Coal and fossil fuels will be around long after you are gone

https://gop.com/news/research/obamas...ergy-failures/

List: 36 Of Obama Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures

President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures

Obama's Green Energy Push and Subsidies Make No Economic Sense

Fail: US Has Wasted $154 Billion on 'Renewable Energy' - Breitbart

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I guess bean still lights his home with coal oil lamps.
    History is not my life time or yours. It's the life of our planet, its people and all living things.
    If everyone had your thought process we would still be using horses and buggy's.

bean

Post Re: Obama-Backed Solar Plant Could Be Shut Down For Not Producing Enough Energy

I guess bean still lights his home with coal oil lamps.
    History is not my life time or yours. It's the life of our planet, its people and all living things.
    If everyone had your thought process we would still be using horses and buggy's.
    No, it's all electric..the cleanest source of energy backed by a natural gas generator. I suppose if I were president I would have to support my green energy donors and demonize fossils fuels. But as long as gas is around $2.00 a gallon it will be around long after your gone. The prez got you and the climate control crowd brainwashed baaad.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    No, it's all electric..the cleanest source of energy backed by a natural gas generator. I suppose if I were president I would have to support my green energy donors and demonize fossils fuels. But as long as gas is around $2.00 a gallon it will be around long after your gone. The prez got you and the climate control crowd brainwashed baaad.
    Cleanest source of energy ? That electric you currently use is provided from fossil fuels, which includes coal. Burning any fossil fuel is dirty, but then again your lack of intelligence proves that from your decades of inhaling the pollutants from those smoke stacks.
    Funny you never seem to say anything about the big oil donors to all those Presidents in the past, and the future wannabes ...

bean

Cleanest source of energy ? That electric you currently use is provided from fossil fuels, which includes coal. Burning any fossil fuel is dirty, but then again your lack of intelligence proves that from your decades of inhaling the pollutants from those smoke stacks.
    Funny you never seem to say anything about the big oil donors to all those Presidents in the past, and the future wannabes ...
    Coal works for me. There is no smog or black smoke here like South Jersey

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Coal works for me. There is no smog or black smoke here like South Jersey
    Coal works for everyone. Burn it cleaner than we did years ago. That's not a tall order. Those fighting the inevitable don't like the fact it's expensive to update the existing technology. We need to continue to find ways to burn fossil fuels cleaner for future generations. Leave it better than we have it. The efforts around our state have improved our air quality a great deal. As long as we have weather to help out it doesn't get too bad. Two or three days without a storm and you can see what we're breathing. What would it be like if nothing was done to reduce the pollution?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Coal works for everyone. Burn it cleaner than we did years ago. That's not a tall order. Those fighting the inevitable don't like the fact it's expensive to update the existing technology. We need to continue to find ways to burn fossil fuels cleaner for future generations. Leave it better than we have it. The efforts around our state have improved our air quality a great deal. As long as we have weather to help out it doesn't get too bad. Two or three days without a storm and you can see what we're breathing. What would it be like if nothing was done to reduce the pollution?
    bean is too stupid to understand what pollution and it's long term effects have on everyone.
    I thought this was funny considering the brain dead bean lives in the east coasts worst smog filled state !
    Connecticut has bad air.
    Not the filthy, dirty, constantly sooty air it had in the 1970s and 1980s, when cars with minimal pollution controls burned high-sulfur gasoline and factories and coal- and oil-burning power plants shot black plumes skyward.
    No, not that bad.
    But data show Connecticut has some of the worst air quality on the East Coast and in the country — and it's actually been getting worse in the last few years.
    Go outside and take a deep breathe you brain dead idiot.

Connecticut's Summer Air Some Of Worst On East Coast - Hartford Courant

bean

bean is too stupid to understand what pollution and it's long term effects have on everyone.
    I thought this was funny considering the brain dead bean lives in the east coasts worst smog filled state !

Go outside and take a deep breathe you brain dead idiot.

Connecticut's Summer Air Some Of Worst On East Coast - Hartford Courant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast