Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Scott Walker OKs union-approved changes to workers' comp; other changes loom

You need to read this article. Gets pretty interesting. I have posted news about this workers comp issue before but look who is behind one bill to make it tougher for workers. On another note, I am amazed that Scott signed anything that unions approved of!

Under a long-established process, the Legislature adopted and Gov. Scott Walker signed legislation last month that makes changes to Wisconsin’s workers’ compensation program that had been negotiated by labor and management.

But some say a lawmaker’s attempt to sidestep the process and changes in other states, such as reducing benefits for injured workers and letting companies opt out of state programs, could signal disruption to come.
    In the session that ended this month, Rep. John Spiros, R-Marshfield, a trucking company executive who is president of the Trucking Industry Defense Association, introduced his own bill, in addition to the advisory council bill. The Spiros bill contained more measures supported by business.
    Scott Walker OKs union-approved changes to workers' comp; other changes loom | Local News | host.madison.com

2. Likes crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Scott Walker OKs union-approved changes to workers' comp; other changes loom

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    You need to read this article. Gets pretty interesting. I have posted news about this workers comp issue before but look who is behind one bill to make it tougher for workers. On another note, I am amazed that Scott signed anything that unions approved of!

Scott Walker OKs union-approved changes to workers' comp; other changes loom | Local News | host.madison.com
    Well the way I look at it is if a worker gets injured on the job it is the companies responsibility to provide the Best care.. With that set having been the route of a workers comp claim I have seen some of the waste that goes on..I have seen that a doctors office will be happy to wait months for approvals rather then to put it on like medicare or medicaid.. When mentioning workers comp to a doctor you will see the dollar signs light up in his eyes..
    But workers’ comp medical costs in 2013 were highest among 31 states that account for 85 percent of benefits nationally, and surgery and clinic visit costs in Wisconsin were higher for workers’ comp patients than for other types of patients, according to the Workers Compensation Research Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
    I have seen the bills and they do by far charge a whole lot more to workers comp claims then they do to other insurance.. But once again who will it be to take it on the chin? the injured worker!!

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Scott Walker OKs union-approved changes to workers' comp; other changes loom

Crazy, I read the same thing one time about cash paying patients. That doctors will charge them more than insured patients. I found that really interesting! A lot of the problem is the insurance companies, but a lot of the problem is the doctors themselves too IMO.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Crazy, I read the same thing one time about cash paying patients. That doctors will charge them more than insured patients. I found that really interesting! A lot of the problem is the insurance companies, but a lot of the problem is the doctors themselves too IMO.
    I have yet to see a doctor who didn't take workers comp.. like a cash cow and timed payments regulated by the states..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I have yet to see a doctor who didn't take workers comp.. like a cash cow and timed payments regulated by the states..
    So far we have never had to deal with such situation so I know very little about it but it sounds like you definitely do.