Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like

This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like

This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like - MarketWatch

In 1985, the U.S. exported $3.9 billion worth of goods and services to China, while importing pretty much the exact same amount. Letís just say, times have changed.
    By 2015, the trade imbalance ballooned to $365.7 billion in Chinaís favor. That not only notched a record level for U.S.-China trade but also an all-time high for any bilateral trade ever, as well.

2. Likes 222lifer, crazy, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like

strapdrager, who's to blame? When I see your posts I automatically expect them to be pro rightwing. They are usually an attack against Obama and the democrats. As I read your link the first thing that comes to mind is Nixon's visit to China. He and Kissinger opened the flood gates. Both the republicans and democrats are to blame. I personally think it's already too late. The Walmart, Home Depot, and Best Buy mentality has already become too big and powerful. But I'd still like to see a change in the way this country is run. Vote them all out and try to salvage what we can.

Every day I become more angry at the political process. From the very start of this primary season I have been for Sanders. I don't like some of his political pandering for votes. But it's the way it has to be in order to get elected. At first I thought Trump was a joke but apparently he's for real. I doubt that the real power brokers will allow either of them to get their party's nomination. The republicans are so afraid of Trump that they are holding their nose and trying to rally behind Cruz. We'll probably have a choice between the lying snake oil salesman Cruz and the lying hypocritical Rodham Clinton. Both of whom have the backing of Wall St. I can't vote for either of them. I can't even listen to either of them spouting their lies. Just the very sound of their voices annoys me............So I think it'll be business as usual for another 4 years as the sucking sound get louder.............. As I sit here I think to myself how in hell can we be so gullible and stupid?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like

2631,I feel the same way as you do.Right now I am on the Trump train as the establishment tries to take him down.. They are putting up polls [ polls that I believe are phony made up to make Trump look bad ] that show that Trump is the only candidate that cannot beat Clinton or Sanders.. As I talk to more and more people they like myself are jumping on the Trump train.. Yesterday I read where the anti Trump movement ran an add in Utah showing Trumps wife posing nude when she was a model.. They targeted the Mormons and at the end of the add it said to vote for Cruz.. That's when the mudslinging started.. Think most of those bozo's that ran the add were jealous that they didn't have wifes as good looking as Trumps wife.. The way I see it now is if they take the nomination away from Trump,he will run third party and the Democrats will win again.. Hopefully I believe the American people will see what the Real politicians are like.. Started watching that TV series on Netflix "house of cards" So true to life..
    Trump is using this trade deficit to make his point that the only way to bring jobs back is to tackle the trade deficit..

http://video.foxnews.com/v/481499339...#sp=show-clips
    Last edited by crazy; 03-24-2016 at 07:35 AM.

5. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Oh boy, this is great!

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    strapdrager, who's to blame? When I see your posts I automatically expect them to be pro rightwing. They are usually an attack against Obama and the democrats. As I read your link the first thing that comes to mind is Nixon's visit to China. He and Kissinger opened the flood gates. Both the republicans and democrats are to blame. I personally think it's already too late. The Walmart, Home Depot, and Best Buy mentality has already become too big and powerful. But I'd still like to see a change in the way this country is run. Vote them all out and try to salvage what we can.

Every day I become more angry at the political process. From the very start of this primary season I have been for Sanders. I don't like some of his political pandering for votes. But it's the way it has to be in order to get elected. At first I thought Trump was a joke but apparently he's for real. I doubt that the real power brokers will allow either of them to get their party's nomination. The republicans are so afraid of Trump that they are holding their nose and trying to rally behind Cruz. We'll probably have a choice between the lying snake oil salesman Cruz and the lying hypocritical Rodham Clinton. Both of whom have the backing of Wall St. I can't vote for either of them. I can't even listen to either of them spouting their lies. Just the very sound of their voices annoys me............So I think it'll be business as usual for another 4 years as the sucking sound get louder.............. As I sit here I think to myself how in hell can we be so gullible and stupid?
    Excellent post.

7. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    bean

The Real Reason We're Sending American Jobs to China

The United States imports consumer electronics, clothing and machinery from China. A lot of the imports are from U.S.-based companies that send raw materials to China for cheap assembly. When they are shipped back to the U.S., they are called imports even though they are profiting American-owned companies. (Source: U.S. Census, U.S. Trade in Goods With China)
    However, this means that many American companies can't compete with China's low costs. As a result, many jobs are lost. From time to time, legislators try to impose tariffs or other forms of trade protectionism against China to bring jobs back.

However, if this were to actually happen, U.S. consumers would have to pay higher prices for their "Made in America" goods. That's why it's unlikely that the trade deficit will change. Most people would rather pay as little as possible for computers, electronics and clothing -- even if it means other Americans lose their jobs.
    US China Trade Deficit: Causes, Effects and Solutions
    But then what jobs are lost? No I-phones or Nike etc are made in America and never will be: Steve Jobs

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The Real Reason We're Sending American Jobs to China

US China Trade Deficit: Causes, Effects and Solutions
    But then what jobs are lost? No I-phones or Nike etc are made in America and never will be: Steve Jobs
    Looking out the window and I see this as unsustainable. America will be driven down to 3rd world living standards. The powers that be are making money on a global level and have no concern for America. All our companies have business else where.

10. Likes Sayheykid Liked this post
    bean

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Looking out the window and I see this as unsustainable. America will be driven down to 3rd world living standards. The powers that be are making money on a global level and have no concern for America. All our companies have business else where.

Low-skilled, high-wage manufacturing jobs in the US is not going to happen. Not even the great Trump could make this happen thus he will be unable to bring jobs back

my grandson could make an I phone

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Yes, all our companies do have business elsewhere. Those same countries with the programs that you tell us won't work here, like universal healthcare and retirement.
    We still are one of the largest consumer nations on the planet.
    The only unsustainable part is the massive profits and executive salary's that line the pockets of the rich elitists.

13. Likes crazy, 222lifer, Sayheykid, slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Yes, all our companies do have business elsewhere. Those same countries with the programs that you tell us won't work here, like universal healthcare and retirement.
    The only unsustainable part is the massive profits and executive salary's that line the pockets of the rich elitists.
    Beanie "cannot" connect the dots on this..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Awe if we could only get free stuff and no cost too
    gladly take higher taxes from the working and force them to pay for all
    have government between me and my doctor to be told what services i can have
    the liberal utopia that has never worked anywhere

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast