Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default MN Schools Provide Prayer Rooms, Rugs For Influx Of Refugee Students...

How one Minnesota school district handles a rising immigrant population

MN Schools Provide Prayer Rooms, Rugs For Influx Of Refugee Students...
    In the district’s middle and high schools, Muslim students have access to private rooms with prayer rugs for the five daily prayers. Districtwide, school lunch menus provide pork-free options for students, and staff members try to spur the newcomer students’ interest in sports, culture clubs, and other extracurricular activities to develop connections beyond the classroom.

The Left is deranged. Even mention Jesus or have a Bible and all hell breaks out.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: MN Schools Provide Prayer Rooms, Rugs For Influx Of Refugee Students...

Like anyone, the Muslim students have access to our legal system.
    You may not like it, but the school district must follow all the laws, not just the ones you like.
    If you even read the entire article, the St. Cloud school system was sued in 2011 and the they were ordered to accommodate everyone.

Why your insistence on blaming the left is beyond me. You would be screaming at the top of your lungs if someone attempted to violate your constitutional rights.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: MN Schools Provide Prayer Rooms, Rugs For Influx Of Refugee Students...

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

$2000 or so for Catholic elementary/year.
    They should have to do the same as me.
    Want religious education and slant?
    You pay....not me.
    The mosque diocese can supplement it. Just like a Catholic Diocese.

5. Likes crazy, ABFwife Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

The Catholics,Amish, Mennonites, and a bunch of others have their own schools.
    If I don't see Crucifixes on the public school walls, paid for by tax dollars, I sure as Hell find it unacceptable to have prayer rooms and rugs paid for with tax dollars.
    They must get their own schools like the rest of us.
    Constitutional, or not, this is wrong. And dangerously biased.

7. Likes ABFwife, crazy Liked this post
    Doh!

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

More than 50 years ago, the Supreme Court ruled on the prayer in school issue.
    Since that time, the ACLU and other groups have been waiting to pounce
    on any hint of Christian religion in schools.

Schools have been sued, principals and teachers have lost their jobs, students suspended or expelled,
    because they mentioned Christianity or God or the Bible. Recently a coach was fired for a private prayer
    after a game, because he did it on school grounds.

Now , because these students are Muslim, we must bow to the gods of political correctness, (pun intended),
    and cater to them with special rooms, meals, and even prayer rugs.

The hypocrisy here is nothing short of astounding.

9. Likes crazy, slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

If they want to practice ther so called religion then go to a religious school.. Tax payer dollars should not be paying for just one religious followings in public schools.. If it was in my school district I would be suing the school district and all those that caved in to this according to Ben Carson nothing more that a lifestyle..

11. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    More than 50 years ago, the Supreme Court ruled on the prayer in school issue.
    Since that time, the ACLU and other groups have been waiting to pounce
    on any hint of Christian religion in schools.

Schools have been sued, principals and teachers have lost their jobs, students suspended or expelled,
    because they mentioned Christianity or God or the Bible. Recently a coach was fired for a private prayer
    after a game, because he did it on school grounds.

Now , because these students are Muslim, we must bow to the gods of political correctness, (pun intended),
    and cater to them with special rooms, meals, and even prayer rugs.

The hypocrisy here is nothing short of astounding.
    One thing that has confused me on this issue on a very local level for me is that there is a children's after school bible class at a local elementary school. It doesn't bother me but I am shocked that the ACLU has not stepped in on this one. I wonder if the church rents the space and that changes things?