Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Catholics and Evangelicals not voting as blocs in 2016 elections

Pretty interesting. Seems this election is really opening people's eyes to why and how they should be voting. I agree that the Catholics here in my little town vote only on one issue, abortion. But my state is mostly Catholic and they are mostly liberal (along with myself). Them voting for Bernie does not surprise me in the least. But the Evangelicals voting for Trump, now that is amazing to me!

Instead, they focused on the surprising developments, religiously, on the campaign trail - everything from Sen. Bernie Sanders, Ind.-Vt., who is Jewish, being the candidate who quotes Francis the most to evangelical voters deserting Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, for thrice-divorced billionaire businessman Donald Trump.
    Dionne noted his research and reporting shows the evangelicals' movement to the New York mogul "is tribal." He added, "That's different from doing Christianity in a public way."
    Meanwhile, Catholic voters - many of them unionists - have split into five segments, and Catholic bishops, given the positions of the candidates on all issues, must rethink the whole basis of the Church's political platform for the last two or three decades, abortion.
    Catholics and Evangelicals not voting as blocs in 2016 elections » peoplesworld

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Catholics and Evangelicals not voting as blocs in 2016 elections

Evangelicals have been brainwashed by the people who favor war against Israel's enemies. The people who favor Cruz are of that mindset.
    They have very strange views on Christianity. Look up Christian Zionism and subjects relating.

I think the Evangelicals who like Trump have been economically and politically affected by illegal invasions and /or like Trumps tough stance on terrorism. He is strongest on those issues.
    Christian Zionists or Evangelicals believing in end times and left Behring false teachings have been used as a brainwashing tool by the military industrial complex and Zionists themselves. More Christian Zionists are involved in the Israel lobby than Jews, themselves.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

* behind not Behring

Spellchecker picks far out words.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

As I have posted I am a Trump supporter.
    And I am Catholic.
    And I voted McCain over Obama in 2008, only because my daughters were in Catholic school and the sentiment was all about voting pro-life. My oldest was working on a badge involving voting and I took her to vote with me.
    That's the only reason I voted McCain plus odds were that Obama was gonna win anyway.
    I left the voting machine very angry with fists clenched. I'll never do it again.

I am pro-life but totally disagree with the GOP on how to fix the problem.
    I view it as a totally messed up economic/political problem.
    IMO voting for stances that favor manufacturing and rebuilding and restoring union numbers will do more to curb or end abortions.
    The problem for the people is the economic instability that stems from anti-union politics.
    Putting profits above people leaves too much instability on the working class and poor to marry, have children and stay married to raise them. Constantly changing markets being favored over people causes the murder.
    The more affluent people opt for murder for the same reason....to please the job market definition of success.
    Build unions and union voice increases. That voice seeks stability and stability brings comfort to marry, raise children, and stay married.

I think Trumps stance brings many more opportunity to build unions.
    Putting economic barriers and physical walls around us allows for a contained area to fix our problems within.......then we can work on the world. But America first. Unions can rebuild and political/economic voice increase with his stance on deportation, keeping immigrants out, building a wall and tariffing imports, which will make corporations build here and increase chance of union building and decrease corporate control of locality, state and nation.