Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Inside the Plot to Privatize Veterans' Health Care

This is what I mean. The Koch brothers are involved in everything that does not benefit the average person but will only hurt them!

Veterans earned their VA health care when they signed the dotted line to serve our country. So when American Legion Commander Dale Barnett saw that a commission that is top-heavy with private hospital executives was trying to dismantle it, he had to be blunt.

“I don’t understand how commissions paid by the federal government are able to break ranks, create an unapproved report and try to advance self-serving agendas while operating as congressional appointees,” Barnett said.

He's talking about the congressionally-mandated Commission on Care, an entity dominated by private hospital executives and Koch Brothers-affiliated "policy experts." The commission's charge under the 2014 Choice Act is to develop a 20-year strategy to ensure that veterans receive high quality, timely care.

Instead of finding ways to strengthen the VA, the majority of commissioners have joined with a group of lawmakers and the Koch Brothers-backed Concerned Veterans for America to recommend a strategy that takes over for themselves to the president and Congress.

If the public doesn't start paying attention, they might succeed.
    https://www.afge.org/index.cfm?contentID=6909

2. Likes 2631, wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: Inside the Plot to Privatize Veterans' Health Care

looking at the care they are getting from their gov (let that be a lesson on what else you want to turn over to your gov) might as well privatize. It's not that it's privatized but what rules you can run by and that will still be set by the gov

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

I can only speak for myself and what I've see of the VA. Here in Myrtle Beach things have been improving since the recent scandals out west. I'm sure there are many problems within the VA upper management and Obama's recently appointed Bob McDonald seems to be addressing them. IMO to privatize the VA medical system would be a big mistake. I think we'd be much better off by giving McDonald the funds necessary to clean house and hire better doctors and administrators.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I just returned from the local VA clinic and it was like being at a Trump rally.. Now this is a small sampling but there had to be 15 pro Trump guys {all vets} there an they were saying almost everyone they know is going for Trump.. This clinic brings guys from PA,NY and NJ. I think Trump is going to do well in all three upcoming states.. Cruz is not well liked for his New York attitude remarks..
    I was at the VA clinic on Friday and it seemed that many there we Rodham Clinton supporters.......... I moved your post here to ask your opinion on a privatized VA medical system. I'm afraid that if the Koch Bros. are lobbying for it then it'll be bad for us. Veterans would probably be treated last behind HMOs, Medicare, and Medicaid.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

This is from an email I got this morning from the DAV

On April 18, DAV will be briefing the Commission on Care, which will make recommendations about the future of the VA health care system, and we need your help. Last week, the Commission discussed a plan to close all VA hospitals and clinics within 20 years based on the perception that many veterans prefer the private sector. Given the wave of negative news over the past year, it appears the Commission has heard little positive about VA health care from veterans.

We know the VA is not perfect and there is much change that must occur and DAV has offered a comprehensive “Framework for VA Reform” to Congress. But we also know the solution is not to dump veterans into the private sector, which is why we launched our “Setting the Record Straight” campaign to support real solutions that strengthen veterans health care.
    I say again that if the Koch Bros. are for privatizing VA healthcare then it's probably not good for our vets.

7. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

My 2 cents would be that Veterans would prefer a dedicated system geared towards the problems they face, health issues from field combat operations, to mental health issues, and everything else in between.
    Privatization is again that catch word to let friends of friends make more money.

9. Likes 2631, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I was at the VA clinic on Friday and it seemed that many there we Rodham Clinton supporters.......... I moved your post here to ask your opinion on a privatized VA medical system. I'm afraid that if the Koch Bros. are lobbying for it then it'll be bad for us. Veterans would probably be treated last behind HMOs, Medicare, and Medicaid.
    The VA system for the most part is broken.. Personally I haven't had any problems so I go with what I hear.. One of the biggest problems is that once your assigned to a clinic and the hospital that is associated with it it seems your records stay there.. Few months ago I was at the clinic and this guy who also is assigned to it was down in the Carolinas on vacation and had a serious medical problem.. He finally had to go to a local hospital.. He went through all kinds of sh*t to get it covered outside his area.. When he was back in this area he checked in and that is what the girl told him.. they don't share records but supposedly it is something they are working on.. This is why I like Trump,he knows there is a problem and what he wants to do is give every veteran a medical card that is good for any hospital or Doctor.. Similar to Medicare.. Actually I can use two VA hospitals [both in NY state] that are in the area but the one that is in PA where I live I would have to change the clinic I go to.. Basically I use them for more or less a second opinion and for any prescriptions I might need..

So to answer your question about privatizing,I would be up in the air.. All Trump said is that he would get the VA straightened out and fire those that do not do there jobs.
    Last edited by crazy; 04-06-2016 at 09:44 AM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    The VA system for the most part is broken

So to answer your question about privatizing,I would be up in the air.. All Trump said is that he would get the VA straightened out and fire those that do not do there jobs.
    Not to get into the Trump thing but many other politicians were also supposedly going to straighten out/fix the VA. It's a monumental task that has been worked on for many years. This new guy McDonald seems to be headed in the right direction. I say give the VA the necessary funds to implement the changes necessary to turn thing around. Funds to better pay doctors and administrators.

It appears that the Commission on Care is being heavily lobbied by the Koch Bros. and the AMA to privatized the VA healthcare. It's going to take a strong lobbying effort by the American Legion, VFW, DAV and the other service organizations to stop the sharks from making veterans healthcare just another for profit business.

12. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Not to get into the Trump thing but many other politicians were also supposedly going to straighten out/fix the VA. It's a monumental task that has been worked on for many years. This new guy McDonald seems to be headed in the right direction. I say give the VA the necessary funds to implement the changes necessary to turn thing around. Funds to better pay doctors and administrators.

It appears that the Commission on Care is being heavily lobbied by the Koch Bros. and the AMA to privatized the VA healthcare. It's going to take a strong lobbying effort by the American Legion, VFW, DAV and the other service organizations to stop the sharks from making veterans healthcare just another for profit business.

I have posted so much on this site involving the Koch brothers. Enough to know that if they are involved, it is not to benefit the average person.

14. Likes 2631, 222lifer, fxstc07, wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have posted so much on this site involving the Koch brothers. Enough to know that if they are involved, it is not to benefit the average person.
    Who Are the Koch Brothers and What Do They Want?
    Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire | Rolling Stone

16. Likes 2631, 222lifer Liked this post