Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    bean

Default Re: How the Teamsters pension disappeared more quickly under Wall Street than the mob

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    It appears that you have hijacked another thread. You have turned a CSPF past investments issue into a pension "orphan" issue..............Now I see where you are getting your assumptions from. The TDU article you have been quoting is 5 years old. The YRC cuts you are referring to were for adjustable benefits during CSPF's restructuring under Bush's amended PPA. Your twisted assumptions are wrong. You are basing the proposed CSPF cuts allowed under the MPRA of 2014 on a TDU article from 2011. You are obsessed with the so called "orphan" issue.

Go back and read your post #9. You quoted a Market watch article from last week. Click on the link about the CSPF's application to cut the benefits. You'll see that the only ones exempt from the cuts are disability pensions and those retirees over 80. Read the 3 tiered classification of retirees. Everyone except those 2 exempt groups will be cut. That's everyone including the YRC retirees. Yes, Tier I "orphan" will be cut the most but Tire II and III will also be cut under the CSPF application. So IMO your assumption is twisted.
    you always had a problem with reading comprehension, comes with advanced age.
    Those who retired prior to Sept. 24, 2010 will be unaffected and retain their current benefit level.
    Above quote is from CSPF
    Reading comprehension
    Reading comprehension is the ability to read text, process it and understand its meaning. An individual's ability to comprehend text is influenced by their traits and skills, one of which is the ability to make inferences. If word recognition is difficult, students use too much of their processing capacity to read individual words, which interferes with their ability to comprehend what is read.
    hijack that, johnny. You're the one who asked for the link

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: How the Teamsters pension disappeared more quickly under Wall Street than the mob

How stupid can be you be ... that was before the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014 was enacted.

bean

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    How stupid can be you be ... that was before the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014 was enacted.
    loon, the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014 allowed CSPF's plan of pension cuts to move forward. period

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    loon, the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014 allowed CSPF's plan of pension cuts to move forward. period
    I just read the article that you posted from.. It is dated March 25 2011 ..IMO this was about YRCW and their plan of not paying the pension fund.. Understandably because of that fact alone was CSPF reasoning to cut benefits from current YRC employees.. Then three years later comes the pension crisis act that Congress voted on before they had time to read it.. Once again Beanie you didn't CONNECT the dots..

POSTED ON MARCH 25, 2011

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

It appears that you have hijacked another thread. You have turned a CSPF past investments issue into a pension "orphan" issue..............Now I see where you are getting your assumptions from. The TDU article you have been quoting is 5 years old. The YRC cuts you are referring to were for adjustable benefits during CSPF's restructuring under Bush's amended PPA. Your twisted assumptions are wrong. You are basing the proposed CSPF cuts allowed under the MPRA of 2014 on a TDU article from 2011. You are obsessed with the so called "orphan" issue.

Go back and read your post #9. You quoted a Market watch article from last week. Click on the link about the CSPF's application to cut the benefits. You'll see that the only ones exempt from the cuts are disability pensions and those retirees over 80. Read the 3 tiered classification of retirees. Everyone except those 2 exempt groups will be cut. That's everyone including the YRC retirees. Yes, Tier I "orphan" will be cut the most but Tire II and III will also be cut under the CSPF application. So IMO your assumption is twisted.
    There is NO MORE Pension Disability....unless you were on it before 2010....at a YRC company

bean

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I just read the article that you posted from.. It is dated March 25 2011 ..IMO this was about YRCW and their plan of not paying the pension fund.. Understandably because of that fact alone was CSPF reasoning to cut benefits from current YRC employees.. Then three years later comes the pension crisis act that Congress voted on before they had time to read it.. Once again Beanie you didn't CONNECT the dots..

POSTED ON MARCH 25, 2011
    I know what date it posted. CSPF made the call and the rules not YRC. YRC was allowed to reduce contributions. But no pension cuts were allowed before the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014. Nothing else changed

then three years later comes the pension crisis act that Congress voted on before they had time to read it
    before they had time to read it? Where did you get that from? That is hilarious, dude

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The pension trustees can make changes at any time that could affect future retirees. What they couldn't do before Kline-Miller was lower the amount of benefits a retiree receives.
    The same quote you insist on posting says nothing more then some were placed on a default schedule of benefits, or no more 25 and 30 and out, plus other items, plus a 65 Y.O requirement.
    Almost every pension plan ( Teamster ) has changed those items over the years. Philadelphia included.
    You seem to confuse old changes with how the Kline-Miller will affect all retirees now.
    However, confusion is part of your regular posts.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

before they had time to read it? Where did you get that from? That is hilarious, dude
    Yeah bean, before they had time to read it. A phrase you may have uttered a time or two when the affordable care act was rammed home.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Hilarious no sad yes. Wrong again bean. I'll show you one place crazy may have gotten it. Here it is straight from the horse's mouth. How about the actual US Congressional House Rules Committee that allowed the Kline-Miller Amendment onto the Omnibus funding Bill of 2014. You don't have to watch the entire hearings. But if you skip right to minutes 38-40 and to 49 you will hears actual congressmen complaining that they must vote on the last minute Kline-Miller amendment without even having the time to read the bill. Even a republican said it's either the best bill ever written or the worst damn bill we ever passed. He didn't know because there wasn't time to read or research it.

House Rules Committee Meeting Federal Spending | Video | C-SPAN.org

10. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    bean

Hilarious no sad yes. Wrong again bean. I'll show you one place crazy may have gotten it. Here it is straight from the horse's mouth. How about the actual US Congressional House Rules Committee that allowed the Kline-Miller Amendment onto the Omnibus funding Bill of 2014. You don't have to watch the entire hearings. But if you skip right to minutes 38-40 and to 49 you will hears actual congressmen complaining that they must vote on the last minute Kline-Miller amendment without even having the time to read the bill. Even a republican said it's either the best bill ever written or the worst damn bill we ever passed. He didn't know because there wasn't time to read or research it.

House Rules Committee Meeting Federal Spending | Video | C-SPAN.org
    What was there to read? They knew it was about pension cuts to save the tax payers, employers and the PBGC

CHAIRMAN KLEIN, I URGE MY COLLEAGUES TO SUPPORT THIS BIPARTISAN MULTIEMPLOYER PENSION REFORM AGREEMENT AND ITS INCLUSION TO THE SPENDING BILL. THANK YOU. >> THIS BIPARTISAN AGREEMENT WE'VE REACHED WILL PROTECT TAXPAYERS BY PUTTING THE PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTEE CORPORATION, THE FEDERAL BACKSTOP FOR DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS ON A MORE SOUND FINANCIAL FOOTING

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast