Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default North Carolina Just Lost 400 Jobs Because Of Its Anti-LGBT Law

Well then, New Mexico should be a place that draws in the big companies. We have always been know as a place (like CA) where gays are welcome. In fact, a local news channel posted on my FB yesterday that NM will limit the amount of state paid travel to North Carolina because of the passage of this bill.
    PayPal announced Tuesday morning that it has abandoned its plans for a massive global operations center, which would have brought 400 new jobs to Charlotte, North Carolina. The company was unequivocal that the decision was made because of the state’s passage of HB2, a sweeping law that blocks cities from enacting LGBT nondiscrimination protections and mandates that transgender people use the wrong bathrooms for their gender identities.

CEO Dan Schulman explained in a statement that “the new law perpetuates discrimination and it violates the values and principles that are at the core of PayPal’s mission and culture.”

Schulman asserted that the decision to not proceed with the Charlotte center “is a clear and unambigous one” that reflects the company’s “deepest values and our strong belief that every person has the right to be treated equally, and with dignity and respect.” Because PayPal’s employees would not have equal rights under North Carolina law, employing them there is “simply untenable.”
    North Carolina Just Lost 400 Jobs Because Of Its Anti-LGBT Law | ThinkProgress

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: North Carolina Just Lost 400 Jobs Because Of Its Anti-LGBT Law

less freaks in NC

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I think this whole issue is blown out of proportion .. It is not against the gay community but from what I read it is more about letting that says they identify with the opposite sex to use what ever bathroom they choose.. What's next?? Urinals in the ladies rooms??

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

and who is to say who is real and who is fake
    suppose tomorrow every jock in high school came to school wearing a skirt and said I'm a girl so I'm using the girls room today.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I saw on the news this morning that Albuquerque School District is now trying to figure out how to deal with this issue. Many parents are very upset over people of the opposite sex using bathrooms with their children. Their children are upset too. I just have to say, as an adult, I don't care if a man looks like a woman, if he has a penis, I don't want to be sharing a bathroom with him. Bad enough sharing one with my husband! Seriously though, I think we are going way too far to accommodate everyone's sexual identity. Especially in grade school? Come on!

6. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I saw on the news this morning that Albuquerque School District is now trying to figure out how to deal with this issue. Many parents are very upset over people of the opposite sex using bathrooms with their children. Their children are upset too. I just have to say, as an adult, I don't care if a man looks like a woman, if he has a penis, I don't want to be sharing a bathroom with him. Bad enough sharing one with my husband! Seriously though, I think we are going way too far to accommodate everyone's sexual identity. Especially in grade school? Come on!
    If I was still to have children in school and they pulled this BS,I would have pulled them out..

8. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    If I was still to have children in school and they pulled this BS,I would have pulled them out..
    I have a huge list of reasons why my last one was home schooled. Oh and by the way, despite what many think, it works. My kid is more normal than a lot of them her age.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have a huge list of reasons why my last one was home schooled. Oh and by the way, despite what many think, it works. My kid is more normal than a lot of them her age.
    We have a family near me that home schools and she has like six kids.. Everyday just about lunch time they come walking down the street.. Told me it is their exercise time.. Says the kids are all doing good..

11. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    bean

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    less freaks in NC
    freaks, transvestites and fags have rights

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast