Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default The Panama Papers: Oozing Slime

I know one of you posted about this and I can't remember where I saw it. This article is really good. And someone on the site actually had the nerve to call me a communist because I like Bernie's ideas. This is why!!
    Already, major worldwide figureheads, like the PM of Iceland, have fallen. “As much as $21 trillion in global wealth is hidden behind largely untraceable shell companies such as those exposed in the Panama Papers, according to watchdog group Financial Accountability and Corporate Transparency Coalition.” (NBC News, April 6, 2016.). Twenty-one trillion is considerably larger than the entire U.S. economy. And, if it were taxed, which it is not, it would relieve many nation-states of big deficit spending for social welfare programs.

Indeed, the Panama Papers is a clarion call for revolt against a neoliberal world economic order that favors (1) privatization of public assets, (2) deregulation of governmental influence, (3) free trade in secret, and (4) austerity measures for public welfare. This nonsense started in earnest in the 1980s with President Reagan and PM Thatcher, called Supply-side economics, which preached tax cuts for the wealthy that purportedly incentivizes job creation, thus trickling wealth down to the masses. Problem is, after more than 30 years, all of the wealth gushed upwards whilst wages trickled down, the exact reverse of how it was sold to the American public. Politicians, mostly Republicans, continue making the same lame claims today. Cut taxes to create jobs is their mantra. Well, what they really mean to say is “cut taxes to cut wages” because that’s how it works in real life.

Frankly, the Average Joe has been getting shafted, hosed, bamboozled for decades. Now, the results are exposed in full living color. Billions if not trillions of stolen money and hidden assets removed from the public domain to enrich a few already rich people. This is as low as lowliness gets; it’s below scum.
    The Panama Papers: Oozing Slime | Dissident Voice

2. Likes wizard Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: The Panama Papers: Oozing Slime

Must all be globalist free traders. They hate America. They hate all forms of life, save a few of their elitist buddies. Hell is too good for them

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

In the mid 2000's we spent eight days in Panama city and at that time the locals we talked to were saying how the banks were going to become Panama's biggest income.. Everywhere you went in the city there was construction.. Normally when you see pictures of some place you have been you normally would recognize some things.. As many times I have seen TV shows or movies that have panama included I don't recognize anything.. The 1% have places to stash money all around the world and if Panama becomes a problem they will find another country that wants to make a buck..

5. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Why Are Americans Not Included in the Panama Papers?

One of the many remarkable things about the massive leak of documents known as the Panama Papers is what's so far been lacking.
    Americans.

Why Are Americans Not Included in the Panama Papers? - NBC News

Panama Papers Reveal Clinton’s Kremlin Connection

The revelations of the so-called Panama Papers that are roiling the world’s political and financial elites this week include important facts about Team Clinton. This unprecedented trove of documents purloined from a shady Panama law firm that arranged tax havens, and perhaps money laundering, for the globe’s super-rich includes juicy insights into how Russia’s elite hides its ill-gotten wealth.

Almost lost among the many revelations is the fact that Russia’s biggest bank usesThe Podesta Group as its lobbyist in Washington, D.C. Though hardly a household name, this firm is well known inside the Beltway, not least because its CEO is Tony Podesta, one of the best-connected Democratic machers in the country. He founded the firm in 1998 with his brother John, formerly chief of staff to President Bill Clinton, then counselor to President Barack Obama, Mr. Podesta is the very definition of a Democratic insider. Outsiders engage the Podestas and their well-connected lobbying firm to improve their image and get access to Democratic bigwigs.

Panama Papers Reveal Clinton

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

An example of the personal side of all this. My favorite kind of article. It shows how these companies that move to Mexico devastate the lives of American workers!
    For John Thomas Dorrance IV, Julie Faris would be another face in the crowd, though in some small way, Faris helped create Dorrance’s gilded life.

John Thomas Dorrance IV is the great-great-grandson of the man who built Campbell Soup Co., an all-American brand. As is the American way, Campbell Soup seized an opportunity to shave costs by shutting its cannery in south Sacramento after 66 years of operation, and issuing Farris and 700 workers their final checks in 2013.

Three years later, Faris, having completed training to become an ultrasound technician, dutifully shows up at Sacramento Works, a government-funded job-placement center off Madison Avenue, hoping for a break.

“I just need somebody to open a door, give me a chance,” Faris said.
    Faris, 39, worked graveyard, so she could be home to get her daughters off to school, and would wake up when they returned home. She was earning $23 an hour, plus overtime and medical benefits, thanks to a contract negotiated by her union, the Teamsters.
    Read more here: Panama Papers, Campbell Soup and the American way | The Sacramento Bee

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

And the name ALEC rears it's ugly head again. And what the hell is wrong with Obama??? His legacy might turn out to be the free trade president rather than Obama Care!
    The Panama FTA was first negotiated under President George W. Bush in 2007, but was not passed by Congress until 2011, under President Barack Obama, who signed the trade agreement despite earlier criticism of free trade during his election campaign.

In the run-up to the FTA's passage, Panama's status as a notorious tax haven was the key argument of critics. Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch group had an intern set up a tax haven to show how easy it was to do. Bernie Sanders told the Senate that Panama was "a world leader when it comes to allowing large corporations and wealthy Americans to evade US taxes."

Yet champions of the FTA and the status quo corporate agenda, including ALEC, touted its supposed economic and legal benefits.

ALEC Touted "Transparency" in Pushing for the Panama Free Trade Agreement - See more at: ALEC Touted "Transparency" in Pushing for the Panama Free Trade Agreement | PR Watch

9. Likes 222lifer Liked this post