Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Here's What Each Presidential Candidate Would Do For U.S. Workers

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    I would like to see it. The information I have read states the "Bern" has a plan to draw from the thieves that have driven our country into the mire.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Here is just one that I found ,not sure if this is the same one I post a few months ago but it will give you an idea.

See How Each Candidate's Tax Plan Will Change YOUR Paycheck... Trump's Is Amazing!

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post
    This being a pro-union web site.......this statement......below, should make everyone here a Bernie Sanders supporter, than again not everyone one on this web site IMO is a union supporter or a union person, they just take what the union has to offer and forget the rest... i got mine!!

"As a senator, Sanders has also introduced legislation to make it easer for workers to form and join unions, and to lower other obstacles to collective bargaining."
    How many jobs have you organized?? How many Teamster contracts have you been in on the negotiating?? How many picket lines have you stood on?? There are many union members including myself that like Donald Trump over Sanders or Clinton.. Before you call out members that don't see the same light as you maybe you could find better words than to call certain members meesters like you see them..

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

They need to hike up the 1% rich Group of Thieves in America, ever since G W B create the Tax Loopholes, our infatuated has deteriorated and our economy.
    That 1% does make a difference in America's Taxes, it's just not the people, but the super rich corporations of America.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Here is just one that I found ,not sure if this is the same one I post a few months ago but it will give you an idea.

See How Each Candidate's Tax Plan Will Change YOUR Paycheck... Trump's Is Amazing!
    Thank you for posting that. I want to read something from an independent source that isn't supporting a particular political ideology. I want to see the entire plan and not the "highlights." They all want to "muddy" the water on the tax issue leaving this voter without complete answers.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

How many jobs have you organized?? How many Teamster contracts have you been in on the negotiating?? How many picket lines have you stood on?? There are many union members including myself that like Donald Trump over Sanders or Clinton.. Before you call out members that don't see the same light as you maybe you could find better words than to call certain members meesters like you see them..
    Wasn't necessary directed at you, think about that for a minute, i have been a shop steward many of times an thankless job in which i did not get payed for, IMO Sanders is the only one standing up for unions, publicly saying so, Trump not so much, IMO he would rather not talk about it...

6. Likes ABFwife, fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Yes, it sure looks like the rich are going to get richer with Trump,(It's a conservative web site, take it with a gain or salt) than again what is really Trumps plan? build a wall, who going to pay for that? export all the illegals, who"s going to pay for that, the rich want that cheap labor here, cause if they didn't they would be gone by now, so Trump is going to "F" over his fellow Billionaires? A oh he going to tell the people on Wall St. that their investments over seas must come home (USA) Trump has never worked in Washington, (Bernie Has) and there are alot more people hanging around Washington D.C.(lobbyist) with a lot more money than Trump has.

IMO if Trump or Bernie get to be President no one is going to work with them anyway (The House and Senate) and it will be probably worst for Trump since both the Republicans and Democrats hate him, probably more than Bernie...
    Last edited by 222lifer; 04-16-2016 at 11:50 AM.

8. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I want to read something from an independent source that isn't supporting a particular political ideology. I want to see the entire plan and not the "highlights." They all want to "muddy" the water on the tax issue leaving this voter without complete answers.

Ted Cruz
    Details and Analysis of Senator Ted Cruz

Donald Trump
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

Bernie Sanders
    Details and Analysis of Senator Bernie Sanders

John Kasich
    John Kasich Unveils Tax Plan, Vows To Balance Budget Within Eight Years

Hillary Clinton
    Details and Analysis of Hillary Clinton

Now we all know that every election tax reform comes up on the campaigns.. NOTHING ever gets done but Lifer you asked for these so here they are..
    Last edited by crazy; 04-16-2016 at 12:31 PM.

10. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Trump and Unions.......

No Surprise: Trump Is a Union Buster at His Own Hotel | The Nation

"While the Donald seeks election to a new post, roughly 500 workers at the hotel are focusing on a very different vote: They’ve been pushing to form a union for months, and are trying to snatch a bit of Trump’s campaign spotlight this summer to call on him “Make America Great Again” right on his home turf. As a recent ad for the unionization campaign proclaims: “We think that working for Mr. Trump in Las Vegas is a chance to make our lives better…but only if he pays us the same wages and benefits as everyone else working on the Strip.”

"“Union Yes” cards. UNITE HERE is seeking neutrality from the employer and a straight card-check majority vote for unionization, rather than plodding through the NLRB ballot process. Nonetheless, according to the union, the management has run a stealth campaign to persuade hotel staff that organizing is not in their best interest.

According to NLRB charges filed by the union, five hotel workers were “unfairly suspended for exercising their legal right to wear a union button and organize their coworkers” last year (they were eventually reinstated with back pay, along with an agreement to post workers rights publicly and not interfere with future organizing). Last June, the union filed new charges alleging the management “violated the federally protected rights of workers to participate in union activities” including “incidents of alleged physical assault, verbal abuse, intimidation, and threats by management.” The workers charged the managers with blocking organizers from distributing pro-union literature in the workers’ dining room, while stealthily allowing anti-union activists to campaign during work hours."

12. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Trump and Unions.......

"While the Donald seeks election to a new post, roughly 500 workers at the hotel are focusing on a very different vote: They’ve been pushing to form a union for months, and are trying to snatch a bit of Trump’s campaign spotlight this summer to call on him “Make America Great Again” right on his home turf. As a recent ad for the unionization campaign proclaims: “We think that working for Mr. Trump in Las Vegas is a chance to make our lives better…but only if he pays us the same wages and benefits as everyone else working on the Strip.”

"“Union Yes” cards. UNITE HERE is seeking neutrality from the employer and a straight card-check majority vote for unionization, rather than plodding through the NLRB ballot process. Nonetheless, according to the union, the management has run a stealth campaign to persuade hotel staff that organizing is not in their best interest.

According to NLRB charges filed by the union, five hotel workers were “unfairly suspended for exercising their legal right to wear a union button and organize their coworkers” last year (they were eventually reinstated with back pay, along with an agreement to post workers rights publicly and not interfere with future organizing). Last June, the union filed new charges alleging the management “violated the federally protected rights of workers to participate in union activities” including “incidents of alleged physical assault, verbal abuse, intimidation, and threats by management.” The workers charged the managers with blocking organizers from distributing pro-union literature in the workers’ dining room, while stealthily allowing anti-union activists to campaign during work hours."
    This is an old article and has been addressed before. I do not believe that Trump himself gets involved in contract negotiations or any other union problems.. I have in the past delivered to many of his construction sites in the NY City area and they were ALL union.. Never had a problem..

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Trump and Unions.......

I have read of this more than once. My feelings are Trump hired the management and expects them to manage the business that carries his name. The day to day operations are not Trumps responsibility. However, if a labor dispute goes on for months with a multitude of labor charges filed against the company, I do feel Trump should step in and settle the issue. Put his money where his mouth is, in other words.

15. Likes Sayheykid, fedexnuno Liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast