I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Another taxpayer-funded solar-energy company fails

ANOTHER TAXPAYER-FUNDED SOLAR-ENERGY COMPANY FAILS

Collapse of Spain's 'Solyndra' poses election-year embarrassment

Read more at Another taxpayer-funded solar-energy company fails

NEW YORK – The collapse of a Spanish-based multinational renewable energies company could cause election-year embarrassment not only to President Obama, Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation and the Democratic Party, but also to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz and his wife Heidi, through their ties to Goldman Sachs.

Read more at Another taxpayer-funded solar-energy company fails

Clouds gather over solar power after golden years of success

After a day in which Britain generated more power from the sun than from coal for the first time, the industry should be rejoicing. But the mood is fearful

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Another taxpayer-funded solar-energy company fails

You must not see what others do.
    Solar panels everywhere ... producing power, supplying energy to the people.

Across the developing world, solar power is hitting its stride. Rather than the rooftop panels popular in Germany, countries where solar irradiance is much stronger than northern Europe are creating vast parks with tens of thousands of flexible PV panels supplying power to their national grids. Some countries, such as China, provide generous subsidies (though these are sometimes years overdue). But in other countries solar PV is becoming competitive even without financial support.

In 2015 China surged past Germany to become the biggest producer of solar energy, benefiting from its dominance of solar-panel manufacturing and policies to reduce dependence on dirtier fuels, such as coal.
    Time and technology stop for no one. Oil and dirty coal is the past. New energy is the future. To bad many people are ignorant of change.

Follow the sun | The Economist

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    You must not see what others do.
    Solar panels everywhere ... producing power, supplying energy to the people.

Time and technology stop for no one. Oil and dirty coal is the past. New energy is the future. To bad many people are ignorant of change.

Follow the sun | The Economist

Time and technology stop for no one.

True but the fact is Oil will be our main source for the foreseeable future. The Technology in the future maybe something else not solar or wind but the government is invested in this where they pay off political donors of solar.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Time and technology stop for no one.

True but the fact is Oil will be our main source for the foreseeable future. The Technology in the future maybe something else not solar or wind but the government is invested in this where they pay off political donors of solar.
    Political donors ? You mean all those "corporate Big Oil" donors ?
    Led by the oil and gas industry, this sector regularly pumps the vast majority of its campaign contributions into Republican coffers. Even as other traditionally GOP-inclined industries have shifted somewhat to the left, this sector has remained rock-solid red.

Since the 1990 election cycle, more than two-thirds of this sector's contributions to candidates and party committees has gone to Republicans. Besides oil and gas, the electric utilities industry is another big donor in this sector. Less generous, but even more partisan, is the mining industry.
    Please insert your foot into mouth again strappy.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...us.php?ind=e01

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Pelosi
    Pelosi’s Husband Invested in Solar Firm Weeks Before Lucrative Expansion

SunEdison is now eyeing bankruptcy, but Paul Pelosi invested right before a 2014 stock rally

SunEdison has maintained strong a strong presence in Washington throughout its financial woes. The company has spent more than $1 million on its lobbying operation since 2011.
    It has employed lobbyists with the powerhouse Podesta Group since 2012, disclosure forms show. In 2015, it brought on 38 North Solutions, a green energy focused lobbying firm. Both firms lobbied to preserve federal tax credits for renewable energy generation.
    Pelosi fought for the extension of those tax subsidies in a major congressional deal late last year.
    The Podesta Group is run by a top Hillary Clinton fundraiser. Its cofounder chairs her presidential campaign, to which SunEdison donated last year. The company has also donated to the Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation.
    The son of Ira Magaziner, the chief executive of the foundation’s health policy arm, served as a “clean energy associate” at the foundation before taking a project finance position at SunEdison last year.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Thought I would post this.
    Coal is dying a slow death. Many coal plants have closed, or are scheduled to close in the very near future.
    Some people used to say solar was expensive and doomed to failure.

It's Official: Solar Is the Cheapest Electricity in History
    In a new report, the International Energy Agency (IEA) says solar is now the cheapest form of electricity for utility companies to build. That’s thanks to risk-reducing financial policies around the world, the agency says, and it applies to locations with both the most favorable policies and the easiest access to financing. The report underlines how important these policies are to encouraging development of renewables and other environmentally forward technologies.
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...t-energy-ever/

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Thought I would post this.
    Coal is dying a slow death. Many coal plants have closed, or are scheduled to close in the very near future.
    Some people used to say solar was expensive and doomed to failure.

It's Official: Solar Is the Cheapest Electricity in History

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...t-energy-ever/
    All one has to do is look at the poster and the ridiculous posts. From the price of fuel to our renewable energy. Zero credibility.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I would want solar but I doubt it will be cheap for average working people. Because silver is necessary until they come up with an alternative. Which will be awhile.
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0417102750.htm
    Researchers from Kent Business School at the University set out to examine to what extent the rising demand for solar panels as part of a push to use renewable energy sources is responsible for the rising cost of silver.

Silver is a core element for the manufacture of solar panels, as it has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals. As such it is heavily used in solar panels, with around 20g per panel which equates to around 6.1% of the total cost of the price of building each unit.

In their analysis the researchers used data from quarterly silver prices measured from the London Bullion Market, installed solar energy capacity and solar gross electricity production between 1990 and 2016 to map correlations in demand and costs.

The data clearly showed a rise in silver price at the same time as increased demand for solar panels, such as after the 2008 global recession indicating the causal relationship between these two variables. Similarly, prices rose after 2011 when there was worldwide concern oil prices were becoming too high leading to a move towards renewable energy sources.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

This says in 150 years all silver will be depleted.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...21344913002747

Another article I read said that Mexico, China and Peru have the most silver.
    Why would a nation favor another resources over the ones their own people can make money off of and live off of?

Again...I would like solar because I'm sick of government mandates forcing UGI to come into our homes and inspect.
    I don't want it anymore.
    Sick of the money racket involved in car insurance regs, car inspection regs. Car Emmisions regs. And Regs for me to have inspections on my furnace. Yes...its safety....but yes I'm sick of the racket that goes with it.
    CDL regs for my license at the DOT for my license and requirements for the DOT physical....its a bunch of bossy headaches just to survive...not to get rich.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    This says in 150 years all silver will be depleted.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...21344913002747

Another article I read said that Mexico, China and Peru have the most silver.
    Why would a nation favor another resources over the ones their own people can make money off of and live off of?

Again...I would like solar because I'm sick of government mandates forcing UGI to come into our homes and inspect.
    I don't want it anymore.
    Sick of the money racket involved in car insurance regs, car inspection regs. Car Emmisions regs. And Regs for me to have inspections on my furnace. Yes...its safety....but yes I'm sick of the racket that goes with it.
    CDL regs for my license at the DOT for my license and requirements for the DOT physical....its a bunch of bossy headaches just to survive...not to get rich.
    There is need for reliable, sustainable energy. Fossil fuels aren't the future. How long will supplies last? Regulating the extraction and use of these fuels is paramount. Without regulation, "we" and our environment would suffer as it did in the past. The technology is there but the cost drives the policy. The bottom line is more important than worker and environmental safety.

Left to our own "responsibility" in regards to safety? A prime example is my state that did away with vehicle safety inspections on most vehicles. It's safe to say there are far more vehicles out of compliance with vehicle safety requirements than before.

11. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast