Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default What the 1% Donít Want Us to Know

To me, especially since the crash, it seems we are making a complete U-turn and reverting back to the way things were a century or two ago. The very reasons people left England, Ireland and other countries and came to this country and now we are heading back to those same things.
    “What Piketty’s really done now is he said, ‘Even those of you who talk about the 1 percent, you don’t really get what’s going on.’ He’s telling us that we are on the road not just to a highly unequal society, but to a society of an oligarchy. A society of inherited wealth.”

Krugman adds: “We’re seeing inequalities that will be transferred across generations. We are becoming very much the kind of society we imagined we’re nothing like.”
    What the 1% Don't Want Us to Know | Moyers & Company | BillMoyers.com
    Last edited by ABFwife; 04-25-2016 at 12:36 AM.

2. Likes wizard, 2631 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: What the 1% Donít Want Us to Know

I have said all along. Too much wealth concentrated at the top.

According to “Billionaire Bonanza: The Forbes 400 and the Rest of Us,” just the twenty individuals at the top of the pile—a group that could fit into a Gulfstream G650 luxury jet, according to the study’s authors—now control more wealth than the bottom half of the population. That’s 152 million people living in 57 million households.
    20 people ... ? Really ... ?
    Can anyone imagine the numbers we are talking about ?

Chuck Collins says, “So much wealth among the Łber-rich is hidden, either in offshore tax havens or in these loophole trusts where money is shuffled around into private corporate accounts or between different family members, and it disappears from taxation or any sort of oversight or accountability. So there’s a huge amount of escaped wealth that isn’t even factored into these statistics.”
    And that is the problem. Hidden money, never taxed and they continue to push for more favorable laws to hide and hold that wealth.

20 People Now Own As Much Wealth as Half of All Americans | The Nation

4. Likes wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Too me, especially since the crash, it seems we are making a complete U-turn and reverting back to the way things were a century or two ago. The very reasons people left England, Ireland and other countries and came to this country and now we are heading back to those same things.

What the 1% Don't Want Us to Know | Moyers & Company | BillMoyers.com
    If were all not scared,we better be.'THEY WANT IT ALL'.This isn't business as usual.This is Corporate America's angriest,most cut throat drive yet to totally consolidate its 'Power'.They're sick of waiting around for what they see as their birthright,They're sick of the Pretense of a 'FREE SOCIETY',They're sick of the Necessity of 'TOSSING CRUMBS' to the 'HIRED HELP'.They're more than ready to 'CRUSH US',and they will if we don't fight as hard as we can to make sure this 'GREED' driven Corporate Culture goes down in 'FLAMES'.

It's a 'SHARK FEEDING FRENZY' and 'WE' are the 'CHUM'.We have to 'EDUCATE OURSELVES','AGITATE OTHERS',and 'ORGANIZE' to 'OVERTHROW' this rotten Economic Inequality System.

6. Likes ABFwife, Sayheykid Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I have said all along. Too much wealth concentrated at the top.

20 people ... ? Really ... ?
    Can anyone imagine the numbers we are talking about ?

And that is the problem. Hidden money, never taxed and they continue to push for more favorable laws to hide and hold that wealth.

20 People Now Own As Much Wealth as Half of All Americans | The Nation
    No,I can't imagine the numbers we're talking about.It just 'BOGGLES' the mind.Beyond Comprehension just trying to grasp the numbers,Incredible.We now have the worst Wealth Inequality since the 'ROBBER BARON' Gilded Age of the 1920s,where 1% of Americans now control more Wealth than 90% of all Americans 'COMBINED'.We have to understand who the 'REAL ENEMY' is.It's got to stop.In fact,this Charade is going to stop sooner or later,and it won't be pretty.

The Chances of ''WE THE PEOPLE'' taking back 'OUR DEMOCRACY' with a Revolution is what?Thousand to one,a Million to one,Ten million to one? It's anyone's Guess.But I will tell you one thing,

''Taking it back without One is a FAIRY TALE''

8. Likes Sayheykid Liked this post