Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: CEOs Paid 335 Times Average Rank-and-File Worker; Outsourcing Results in Even Hig

Yesterday, as I waited for car repairs totalling $744 I watched the TV at the shop. One of these "People's Court" shows was on. Another smart Alec judge who is put on a pedestal ridiculing the regular people.
    They had a con artist used car dealer on there. Some guy bought a car with lots of miles and a warranty off the guy for way too much.
    Within 10 days the guy had to put more into the car than he was paying.

The judge pretty much jumped the guy and humiliated him for paying too much for the car.
    Her and the toughguy car salesman seemed to think alike..
    Everybody needs streetsmarts like a lawyer or to have a lawyer to be able to live anymore.
    Everything is a money racket.
    It's a disgusting society anymore.

If I trade up my car and take a loan I'll be paying that $744 or more every month and a half with loan, requited full coverage insurance and a warranty.
    If I don't I risk paying it every 4-6 months probably ....and then comes the emissions and state inspection money racket.
    Ya can't win and anger smolders within many people anymore.
    I got my car for a very fair price and I expect problems. But if the price of parts matched the price paid to make them in the nations that make them anymore...they would not come close to the price they're sold for.
    We gave away our parts industry and good paging family jobs.....yet the price does not come down.
    The racket needs to end.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: CEOs Paid 335 Times Average Rank-and-File Worker; Outsourcing Results in Even Hig

Since I started into it here and every topic is economy, system, and the immorality of it I guess I'll continue here.
    Also as waiting for my car I watched another show. Some kind of health show I think named Dr.Oz...or else it was a paid long commercial.
    A guy in good shape is selling a new diet.
    Totally the exact opposite of what we've been told for years is healthy.
    The guys daily menu was butter in his coffee for breakfast, 2 fried eggs, Bacon, and spinach for lunch, macadamia nuts for snack and a Bacon cheeseburgers with no bun for dinner.
    Alot of fat is his new "scientifically proven" way to lose weight and be healthy. Lots of fat.....and a heart doctor was there to back him up.

My cardiologist would never go for it.
    Everything is a money racket and nobody is to be trusted.
    What a stupid society we live in.
    Let the market decide......until the people can't stand it anymore.

3. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Let's not forget, some people actually feel those elitists deserve that money.
    Greed has overtaken our society. Money now controls every aspect of our lives.
    We make all decisions based on money, what we have and don't have.
    I suspect even our political decisions are based on how the politician says it will affect our pocketbook.

5. Likes wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Let's not forget, some people actually feel those elitists deserve that money.
    Greed has overtaken our society. Money now controls every aspect of our lives.
    We make all decisions based on money, what we have and don't have.
    I suspect even our political decisions are based on how the politician says it will affect our pocketbook.
    Well stated fxstc07.Your words are the 'ABSOLUTE GOSPEL' of our Times. Touche'!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12