Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default 50% Of Children Born This Year Will Be Affected By Divorce Before 18

50 Percent of children born this year will be affected by divorce before turning 18 - The Wilson Post

If we want a better society this must stop.
    Parents and child are the seeds of society.

Anger and sadness for my youngest and her best friend got me started on this and rather than me yelling at her friend's family I'm gonna chill by venting here. There business is their business.....but this insanity and government assistance and all which comes from it and the stupid society we live in amymoreneeds something done.

My youngest was in Catholic School where over 90% live with married parents.
    I knew public school would bring friends in higher numbers from broken homes.
    So in September my daughter made a best friend who has 3 siblings. None have the same father. They all leave when the baby is born.
    The latest was born a month ago and the father was gone again. He lost his job. Her uncle and aunt and grandmother all shared a tiny townhome with about 6 kids.
    The grandmom and cousin who was a teen left 4-5 months back. The men lost their jobs.

Anyways that's all crazy...their all from NYC, Florida, and California. Nothing is stable.

My anger is because my daughter is crying hard on and off. She just spent the night there. They had a semi-formal dance and went together and had a great time....memories for their are 8th grade celebrations because next year they go to high school.

My daughter was home and we had things to do and places to go and got them done.
    She went back to her friend and her aunt sent a little one to my daughters friend to ask her to help with a chore.
    Sometimes the little one bugs but they didn't know the importance of the issue.
    The aunt came up screaming. My daughter came home. And within the hour the decision was made to ship my daughter's best friend back to her father in NYC. The bags were packed and the mother is taking her to NYC telling her never to come back.
    It's just insane.
    How can we have a society when so many kids are treated like this?
    It's like they are born to ensure a roof and food for the mother....child support and government assistance is the only reason for their birth it seems.

If I were tyrant king....divorce, child support, and government assistance for this stuff would not be easy to acquire...if it could be acquired at all.
    50% of kids will see this by 18?
    And the states will cater to it?
    The state becomes the family and God then.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: 50% Of Children Born This Year Will Be Affected By Divorce Before 18

Well it didn't happen yet. My daughter's best friend just got home. You can be in NYC in less than an hour and a half. My daughter just came down and said her friend stood up in the car halfway their and told her mom she is not leaving. She just made good friends ( a difficult thing living with no real roots). She said she's coming back and staying with her family and her friends. They're both happier now. It may happen that she goes to her father in summer but at least it doesn't happen out of anger right after they had this great night of makeup and music and socializing and semi-formal dresses. A great teenage girl dreamnight destroyed with a total change of everything.
    There's no doubt the issues their are monetary. But Mr. Reagan made the no-fault divorce laws which as the title says are used to the max. And the government grows the problem by providing funding and enabling the system to become a way of life.
    The kids are hurt most.
    When the weakest are hurt most by a system.....I'd say it would actually be LESS TYRANNICAL to disallow and curb the single parent 'choice' of divorce and raising the child without both biological parents living with the child.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: 50% Of Children Born This Year Will Be Affected By Divorce Before 18

Broken families are difficult on everyone.
    However to say a divorce would not be allowed so that children can have 2 parents in a house is a statement that needs to be thought out a little more.
    Some people change and what a person saw in another at one time may be not what, or who that person really is.
    Forcing someone to stay in a relationship can bring the extremes of abuse, anger and violence into the house.

Maybe the families need to step up and help those children in need.

Very challenging and difficult subject.

4. Likes 2631, wizard Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Broken families are difficult on everyone.
    However to say a divorce would not be allowed so that children can have 2 parents in a house is a statement that needs to be thought out a little more.
    Some people change and what a person saw in another at one time may be not what, or who that person really is.
    Forcing someone to stay in a relationship can bring the extremes of abuse, anger and violence into the house.

Maybe the families need to step up and help those children in need.

Very challenging and difficult subject.
    Having been through divorce, it is not pleasant for anyone involved, however staying in an unloving and even abusive relationship does not help the children. There are never any easy answers when it comes to the subject of ending a marriage. What I have a problem with is couples who make one baby after another with no intention of ever marrying and then the daddy's disappear out of their lives. But then, dad's can disappear even after being married to the mom for a long time. What we need is people that are going to be responsible parents, whether they are married or not.

6. Likes fxstc07, wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

You are becoming a Godless people, did you really expect a different result. If a man follows God he would not have an unloving abusive home. Same with you lost Government.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    You are becoming a Godless people, did you really expect a different result. If a man follows God he would not have an unloving abusive home. Same with you lost Government.
    Really?????????? Only godless people can become incompatible, unhappy or unfaithful. That theory sounds like some right wing hypocrisy. Just to name a few great god fearing right wingers like
    Jim Bakker
    Jimmy Swaggart
    Newt Gingrich
    Henry Hyde
    Dennis Hastert
    Mark Foley

9. Likes ABFwife, crazy, Sayheykid Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Really?????????? Only godless people can become incompatible, unhappy or unfaithful. That theory sounds like some right wing hypocrisy. Just to name a few great god fearing right wingers like
    Jim Bakker
    Jimmy Swaggart
    Newt Gingrich
    Henry Hyde
    Dennis Hastert
    Mark Foley
    That's right. I agree having a love for God in your relationship (by both people) would make things better but people are not perfect. And incompatibility IMO has nothing to do with being Godless.

11. Likes 2631, crazy, wizard Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Stupid statement.
    If God created a loving man, what happened with those that are filled with hate ?
    Broken homes actually appear very early in the Bible.
    The bible also says we are to love one another.
    Just a couple of things you overlook.

Don't preach if you can't follow what the bible tells us.
    “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
    John 13:34-35

Think about that today.

13. Likes crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

T
    Divorce does destroy families.. I went through a divorce in the early seventies after being married for just over four years.. Two wonderful boys but I haven't spoke to the youngest in twenty years.. He doesn't speak much to his mother much either.. I have reached out to him many times before It my oldest son says it is his wife that swayed him away from the family.. There are times I have wished I could back in time but I have convinced myself it will never happen.. I was raised strick Catholic and went to parochial school.. My ex converted to Catholicism before we got married. She went on to have an affair and after the divorce move to Florida with my two boys.. Went to court but dopey judge just said that if I still wanted the state awarded visitation be all I have ad to do was fly to Florida on the weekends.. Catholic Church gave her an annulment and said if I wanted one I would have to pay for it.. No longer a Catholic. Although I still have my beliefs I no longer believe in organized religion. So Strappy God has nothing to do with keeping a marriage in tack,it takes two people that are willing to be partners for life.
    Last edited by crazy; 05-22-2016 at 01:56 PM.

15. Likes fxstc07, wizard, Sayheykid Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Bingo ^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast