Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default The Quiet Worker Recovery

I don't by it. My state was doing pretty good until the crash. Now we are at the bottom of everything. Maybe some places are recovering but not all. How can they even say this when people are losing good paying factory jobs right and left?

Economic pessimism is en vogue in America today, a point not lost on many politicians. "You are going to be so proud of your country, because we’re gonna turn it around, and we’re gonna start winning again,” Donald Trump has promised crowds.

There are, however, reasons to be proud already of the economy’s performance in the last few years. While the U.S. clearly faces some thorny problems with inequality, geographic sorting, and intergenerational mobility, it is nonetheless true that this recovery has been a machine of unshakable consistency, despite being overshadowed by not only the lurid circus of the presidential election, but also by several global eruptions, from the collapse of oil to the vertigo of Venezuelan inflation.
    The Incredible Worker Recovery - The Atlantic

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Default Re: The Quiet Worker Recovery

Unemployment dropped to 4.7.... but millions more are not counted because they probably got ssi....

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: The Quiet Worker Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by BilyWamBam View Post
    Unemployment dropped to 4.7.... but millions more are not counted because they probably got ssi....
    Worst recovery on record but Obama was praising himself just yesterday on just how good he thinks he did.. Then the jobs numbers came out..