Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Did the Press Take Down Bernie Sanders?

Another one I am not putting in the Bernie Thread. I absolutely believe this is what happened. And it could have happened to any of the candidates, therefore, it gets it's own thread. I belong to several Bernie groups on FB and they daily shared with us the negative things the press was saying about Bernie and how the press continually declared Clinton a winner before they actually had knowledge of that, mainly in California. This all shows me that no matter what we do, no matter how hard we fight, it makes no difference who we actually vote for. It had already been narrowed down to the two candidates.

Earlier this week, even before Hillary Clinton’s primary victory in California assured her the Democratic presidential nomination, the Associated Press had already declared her the presumptive nominee. Bernie Sanders and his supporters were sore, and they had a right to be.

Although the AP defended its decision, saying that Clinton’s crossing the delegate threshold was news and they had an obligation to report it when they did (the day before the clinching primaries) the timing and the circumstances were suspicious. It appears that AP had been hounding superdelegates to reveal their preferences, and blasting that headline just before those primaries threatened either to depress Sanders’ vote or Hillary’s or both because the contest was now for all intents and purposes over.

Sanders has never been much of a media fan. Last October, Mother Jones reported that way back in 1979, he wrote in Vermont’s Vanguard Press, an alternative newspaper, that “with considerable forethought [TV capitalists] are attempting to create a nation of morons who will faithfully go out and buy this or that product, vote for this or that candidate and faithfully work for their employers for as low a wage as possible.” He said TV was America’s “drug.” On another occasion, he took a 60 Minutes crew to the AP office in Burlington and, in a bit of turnabout, began interrogating their reporters. So perhaps the AP’s announcement this week was a bit of long-simmering retribution.
    Did the Press Take Down Bernie Sanders? | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

2. Likes wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Did the Press Take Down Bernie Sanders?

The liberal media controls everything or at least they try to.. Their candidate is Hillary Clinton and they will do whatever to get her elected including spreading false stories about other candidates or taking a small story and making a mountain about it.. The Washington Post has in excess of twenty full time employees with their sole purpose is to find any dirt on Trump.. The New York Times also has many employees dedicated for the same purpose but when something comes out against their candidate it is most likely will not be published or its in the back of the paper.. CNN and MSNBC are the cable leaders for Clinton.. A few months back I was watching the morning with Joe show and they were talking about Sanders and one of them laughed and said that if Sanders actually thought he could win he is living in another dimension.. There was no way that Sanders,that the DNC and its leader Wasserman,was going to let Sanders win.. The fix was already in..
    Both the DNC and the RNC are about ready to self implode..

4. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    The liberal media controls everything or at least they try to.. Their candidate is Hillary Clinton and they will do whatever to get her elected including spreading false stories about other candidates or taking a small story and making a mountain about it.. The Washington Post has in excess of twenty full time employees with their sole purpose is to find any dirt on Trump.. The New York Times also has many employees dedicated for the same purpose but when something comes out against their candidate it is most likely will not be published or its in the back of the paper.. CNN and MSNBC are the cable leaders for Clinton.. A few months back I was watching the morning with Joe show and they were talking about Sanders and one of them laughed and said that if Sanders actually thought he could win he is living in another dimension.. There was no way that Sanders,that the DNC and its leader Wasserman,was going to let Sanders win.. The fix was already in..
    Both the DNC and the RNC are about ready to self implode..
    That would be the ''Corporate Media'' my friend,if they were truly the Liberal Media,they would all be 'Endorsing' the Liberal and Progressive Candidate,Bernie Sanders.The Corporate Media Candidate is none other than that 1%er,Wall St,MIC Bought and Paid for Elitist Hillary.I do agree that both parties are in for a rude awakening.

6. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    That would be the ''Corporate Media'' my friend,if they were truly the Liberal Media,they would all be 'Endorsing' the Liberal and Progressive Candidate,Bernie Sanders.The Corporate Media Candidate is none other than that 1%er,Wall St,MIC Bought and Paid for Elitist Hillary.I do agree that both parties are in for a rude awakening.
    Amen to that brother Wizard!

8. Likes wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Amen to that brother Wizard!
    Hillary Clinton is 'Dangerous'

Hillary and the Corporate Elite

10. Likes crazy Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

It didn't take long to figure out. This site had links about Bernie months before people like my mother who is retired many years and watches TV daily ever knew anything at all about Sanders. America's corporate sponsored media kept most of the country in the dark about Sanders for as long as they could.....and if justice exists he could be the nominee. That would serve them well.

My distrust/awareness of the Democrats goes to how much time was spent on Obamacare ....no card check.....MSN getting rid of Ed Schultz. The TPP. The covert attacks on Russia in Ukraine for bank and corporate interests...no support for Greece in their bank debt/austerity. Covert actions in the middle east for Israel........
    Their true colors began shining on that stuff. Took our money and ran they did.....using it for their banker buddies who are nothing but lazy, greedy, unethical shysters using America so they can have more.
    When they're heads roll....they'll get no sympathy from me. They made their own bed...They're gonna have to lay in it one day.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Then you can call them the "left" winged media.. MSNBC and CNN and then you have the right winged media,FOXnews.. Call them what you want but to me they are all evil and will spread the lies of their agenda.. They will spin the truth to their liking..

13. Likes x475 Liked this post