Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: 20 killed at orlando gay bar

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    More or less the righties are pissed that liberals point the finger at the United States as causing many the problems in the world. The liberals do have a point. Iran/Contra, Weapons of mass destruction. ....ring any bells?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    It's both sides that are guilty with this sitting president just as guilty as any other.. The biggest problem I have with the democrats right now is the political correctness BS that they preach.. This Democratic party would be one that JFK would not be part of..

Fast and furious,Iran nuclear deal and of course the promise of transparency in the White House..Then we could mention of Obama's labeling of ISIS as a JV team and then we have Benghazi.. Need more??

2. Likes x475 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I refuse to even watch that video strappy. Just the title alone is offensive to me. Yep, I am a liberal and there is nothing about radical Islam that I support. Or any other radical entity for that matter.
    I didn't watch either.
    First I tried to determine who this person was. Basically, he is nobody, an opinion rendering, hate filled person.
    Second, any posting by strappy is about hate and his twisted opinions.
    Third, that title shows how propaganda distorts the weak minded.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    It's both sides that are guilty with this sitting president just as guilty as any other.. The biggest problem I have with the democrats right now is the political correctness BS that they preach.. This Democratic party would be one that JFK would not be part of..

Fast and furious,Iran nuclear deal and of course the promise of transparency in the White House..Then we could mention of Obama's labeling of ISIS as a JV team and then we have Benghazi.. Need more??
    I need more.
    What is wrong with stopping a person on no-fly list from purchasing any weapon ?
    Or requiring a background check on gun sales at shows, or on the internet ?
    This is straight party line politics. Say one thing, do another.
    If the Orlando clown had been restricted from purchasing a gun because he was on a terrorist watch list, 49 people would still be here today.
    I place the blame directly were it belongs ... on the republican propaganda machine.
    In a special Senate session on Monday, US lawmakers once again voted down gun safety regulations introduced in the aftermath of a mass shooting. Each measure needed 60 votes to pass.
    The votes were deja vu all over again. Last December, Republicans (and a single Democrat) blocked the Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015 amendment in the Senate.
    Also in December, a NRA-backed measure brought by Sen. Cornyn aimed to implement a 72-hour delay for gun purchases by people on the watchlist so that the government could investigate them. It also failed.

According to the New York Times, as of September 2014, there were 800,000 people on the consolidated federal terrorist watchlist.
    I guess in republican eyes it's acceptable to allow 800,000 people on the terrorist watch list to purchase guns.

Almost Every GOP Senator Just Voted to Keep Letting Terror Suspects Buy Guns | Mother Jones

5. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

I added that after watching the FOX news comedy hour at my coffee stop......What they call journalism.....Their talking head blasting liberals for calling it like it is. No party mentioned by the libs, but the righties sure took it as they were being outed. I guess they assumed only republicans comprise the population of the United States? Maybe they do have a conscience after all? Fat chance. Just more BS posturing by the bought and paid for media. Crooks, thieves, and liars. Every last one of them.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I need more.
    What is wrong with stopping a person on no-fly list from purchasing any weapon ?
    If the Orlando clown had been restricted from purchasing a gun because he was on a terrorist watch list, 49 people would still be here today.
    I place the blame directly were it belongs ... on the republican propaganda machine.

I guess in republican eyes it's acceptable to allow 800,000 people on the terrorist watch list to purchase guns.

Almost Every GOP Senator Just Voted to Keep Letting Terror Suspects Buy Guns | Mother Jones

I agree with you on those on the no fly list but how does one even know they are on the list..

Another five-year-old on the no-fly list: meet Sam Adams / Boing Boing

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/ny...list.html?_r=0

There has to be more communication between agencies. They have to stop the political correctness and all the havoc it creates.. Look at the bullsh*t just yesterday when the higher ups in the justice dept released the transcripts from the shooter and they at first blanked words then had to come back and they changed words and then after public outcry they released them in whole.. Why did they do this??? The Obama administration didn't want to offend the Muslim community,True the guy in Orlando should never had been able to buy a gun but if he was denied he would have had someone else buy it for him.. Remember San Bernardino .. ever wonder why he had someone else supply the guns,.. These people are terrorists and will do whatever they can to destroy our country..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I added that after watching the FOX news comedy hour at my coffee stop......What they call journalism.....Their talking head blasting liberals for calling it like it is. No party mentioned by the libs, but the righties sure took it as they were being outed. I guess they assumed only republicans comprise the population of the United States? Maybe they do have a conscience after all? Fat chance. Just more BS posturing by the bought and paid for media. Crooks, thieves, and liars. Every last one of them.

MSNBC is the laughing stock of cable TV with CNN right them and then Foxnews..I have watch ed all three news channels and as far as journalism goes it is CNN that is at the bottom of the barrel.. They will keep asking a question till they think they get an answer they like and then on the following shows the words are edited and the story is spun to their liking..

Just more BS posturing by the bought and paid for media. Crooks, thieves, and liars. Every last one of them.
    On both sides.

9. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

I have come to the conclusion that the terrorists are those we elected to protect us from terrorism.

11. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I need more.

Can we ever find a solution to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals/terrorists? My answer is no. We can curtail the problem though. Brother, you and I aren't the problem. Disarming law abiding citizens would be a mistake. I honestly believe that many "would be" aggressors think twice about attacking America. It's not our military they fear most. It's our right to keep and bear arms.

13. Likes ABFwife, x475 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Can we ever find a solution to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals/terrorists? My answer is no. We can curtail the problem though. Brother, you and I aren't the problem. Disarming law abiding citizens would be a mistake. I honestly believe that many "would be" aggressors think twice about attacking America. It's not our military they fear most. It's our right to keep and bear arms.

I am not crazy about guns but that is my personal choice for personal reasons. However, I think people should have a right to own them. I truly do not know what the answer is as far as keeping them out of the wrong hands. Even if they can't obtain one legally, they will find another way to carry out their plans. I do think access should be limited on certain types of guns. But then again, if they can't get one through legal means, there are plenty of black market guns. Unfortunately there is evil in this world and it is pretty tough to fight that. And if not guns, they use something else, such as bombs. We already have gun control and it is not working in these instances. These people have been so brainwashed to carry out evil, how do we fight that? I have no clue.

15. Likes crazy, 222lifer Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I agree with you on those on the no fly list but how does one even know they are on the list..

Another five-year-old on the no-fly list: meet Sam Adams / Boing Boing

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/ny...list.html?_r=0

There has to be more communication between agencies. They have to stop the political correctness and all the havoc it creates.. Look at the bullsh*t just yesterday when the higher ups in the justice dept released the transcripts from the shooter and they at first blanked words then had to come back and they changed words and then after public outcry they released them in whole.. Why did they do this??? The Obama administration didn't want to offend the Muslim community,
    Was it the Obama administration, or just the way some person in authority decided not to arouse more people ?
    I doubt Obama was even consulted, it was more a quick decision to prevent retribution.
    True the guy in Orlando should never had been able to buy a gun but if he was denied he would have had someone else buy it for him.. Remember San Bernardino .. ever wonder why he had someone else supply the guns,.. These people are terrorists and will do whatever they can to destroy our country..
    That is true. So there is no easy answer to stop a person, or group, that is hellbent on causing death and mayhem. However, why make it any easier for them to acquire something they have no business owning ?

I agree, this country will never be able to stop criminals, or terrorists from getting what they want. From drugs to alcohol, or whatever people want, you can never stop someone from getting it.
    However, why the need to allow someone on the terrorist watchlist to purchase any firearm ?
    Why can't we have better background checks ?
    I don't want to disarm America, or stop the recreational shooter, hobbyist or hunter from doing what they want.
    I just want to see that people like Mateen can't buy, or process any firearm.

The whole point of being American is our freedom. But that must be tempered with the reality we face a dangerous and violent world full of people that hate each other. Laws exist to help us preserve our freedom. In this case, the laws that were voted down, almost straight party line, could possibly have meant Mateen wouldn't have had that rifle.

This debate will rage on, gun sales will continue and the fear people have over that different person will escalate.
    Hate has never solved any problem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast