Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Laid-Off Americans, Required to Zip Lips on Way Out, Grow Bolder

You know what just blows me away about all of this, this country has sunk to such immoral levels, it leaves me speechless. Almost. These corporations have found literally one way after another to keep their workers down until they are done with them, dispose of them and fill their jobs with foreign workers they bring in or by shipping their jobs off to other countries. I will just make a list here of some of the things going on in this country.

1. They don't want to pay overtime
    2. They don't want to pay for sick leave
    3. They don't want to give you a full time job with benefits.
    4. They do not want you to form a union.
    5. They don't want the minimum wage to be raised.
    6. They want to ship your job over the border.
    7. They want you to train your replacement from another country.
    8. They would rather classify you as a contractor.
    9. They don't want to give you a pension.

I know I am forgetting some things, this is just a start. Wow, it's like we should all just be working fast food! As the one posting all the news each morning, you have no idea how inundated I am with this stuff. It sometimes just causes you to lose hope.

But while corporate executives have been outspoken in defending their labor practices before Congress and the public, the American workers who lost jobs to global outsourcing companies have been largely silent.

Until recently. Now some of the workers who were displaced are starting to speak out, despite severance agreements prohibiting them from criticizing their former employers.

Marco Peņa was among about 150 technology workers who were laid off in April by Abbott Laboratories, a global health care conglomerate with headquarters here. They handed in their badges and computer passwords, and turned over their work to a company based in India. But Mr. Peņa, who had worked at Abbott for 12 years, said he had decided not to sign the agreement that was given to all departing employees, which included a nondisparagement clause.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/us...ow-bolder.html

2. Likes fxstc07, crazy, x475 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Laid-Off Americans, Required to Zip Lips on Way Out, Grow Bolder

Watched a very gruesome, violent, and quite funny at times, movie on Netflix this weekend. It's called "Bounty Killers." Based on the aftermath of what was left of civilization after the greedy corporations took everything the working-class had and went to war with each other. Long story short, a bounty was placed on each of those money grubbing executives and there associates. This was not a "dead or alive" bounty if you get my drift. Could this be our future?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 06-13-2016 at 11:27 AM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    You know what just blows me away about all of this, this country has sunk to such immoral levels, it leaves me speechless. Almost. These corporations have found literally one way after another to keep their workers down until they are done with them, dispose of them and fill their jobs with foreign workers they bring in or by shipping their jobs off to other countries. I will just make a list here of some of the things going on in this country.

1. They don't want to pay overtime
    2. They don't want to pay for sick leave
    3. They don't want to give you a full time job with benefits.
    4. They do not want you to form a union.
    5. They don't want the minimum wage to be raised.
    6. They want to ship your job over the border.
    7. They want you to train your replacement from another country.
    8. They would rather classify you as a contractor.
    9. They don't want to give you a pension.

I know I am forgetting some things, this is just a start. Wow, it's like we should all just be working fast food! As the one posting all the news each morning, you have no idea how inundated I am with this stuff. It sometimes just causes you to lose hope.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/us...ow-bolder.html
    And with the TPP agreement that Obama is pushing you can look to see more of this but only worse as the foreign companies can come here and bring their own employees with them.. They wont have to ship them to India or wherever ..

Doh!

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Here is a couple more...

You are not an employee, you are an "associate". Emphasis on the first 3 letters.

You are not a person, you are a resource, like cattle or raw materials. Remember
    when companies had personnel departments? Now they have human resource departments.

6. Likes ABFwife Liked this post