Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63
  1. #31
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,651
    Rep Power
    946

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    When I think of socialists of my lifetime or people who lean towards it....I think of people who are antiCatholic...and antigovernment and anticapitalism.
    Then I think of something like confession above.
    Why would you pay an educated person on a weekly basis to do the same thing you could do for free? The priest always talk more than me.
    Seems the socialism types actually prefer spending and capitalism......I don't get it.

  2. #32
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,651
    Rep Power
    946

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    WWhen I think of a young person wanting socialism and free education, I think it makes no long term sense.
    When I think college, I think "Why do they go to college?"
    It seems they go so they can make more money when they get out.
    They go because they want to be capitalists.
    And they will be.
    That's what the educated have done my whole life.
    They get degrees. They want more money in the market.
    They get more money from me on the products and services they're involved in. The price goes up so they get more money.
    They take as much as they can from the workers and union so they can have more.
    They learn all the tricks of capitalism for themselves very very well.
    So it's confusing to say the least of why a college desiring person would want socialism.

    And after a few groups of kids would get it....it will be them who wants to get rid of it....too keep the money the education got them.

  3. #33
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,172
    Rep Power
    324

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    WWhen I think of a young person wanting socialism and free education, I think it makes no long term sense.
    When I think college, I think "Why do they go to college?"
    It seems they go so they can make more money when they get out.
    They go because they want to be capitalists.
    And they will be.
    That's what the educated have done my whole life.
    They get degrees. They want more money in the market.
    They get more money from me on the products and services they're involved in. The price goes up so they get more money.
    They take as much as they can from the workers and union so they can have more.
    They learn all the tricks of capitalism for themselves very very well.
    So it's confusing to say the least of why a college desiring person would want socialism.

    And after a few groups of kids would get it....it will be them who wants to get rid of it....too keep the money the education got them.
    There always the other side to look at.. If they get Free college like they want then they won't have all those huge college loans to repay..Then they wwon't command the huge salaries that they think they will be entitled too. Then the cost of goods will go down,then the salaries of the rest of the country will go down and it will race to the bottom full speed ahead.. Socialism doesn't work....

  4. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
  5. #34
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,757
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    There always the other side to look at.. If they get Free college like they want then they won't have all those huge college loans to repay..Then they wwon't command the huge salaries that they think they will be entitled too. Then the cost of goods will go down,then the salaries of the rest of the country will go down and it will race to the bottom full speed ahead.. Socialism doesn't work....
    It's the same tired sound bites and talking points.You guys have the exact same 'RHETORIC' every time.''FREE COLLEGE-FREE COLLEGE-FREE COLLEGE''. Socialism doesn't work? Fair enough,let's talk how well Capitalism is working.I'am talking about that raw,unregulated,market economy Capitalism where we are 'PRIVATIZING' Government in the name of 'EFFICIENCY'.No Environmental Standards,No Labor Standards,Survival of the 'RICHEST' after all.People who aren't rich are Morally Inferior,they're just not working 'HARD ENOUGH',or maybe they're just not Smart Enough.

    Much lip service is paid to the 'IDEALS' of Capitalism,while in Reality,the only 'VOTES' that 'MATTER' are those of the Majority Shareholder,Investor or Corporate CEO.It's a Democracy summed up with the phrase,''Those who own the most 'SHARES' get the most Votes''.Let's call it ''Democratic Capitalism'',or how about the ''Democracy of the Corporate Capitalistic State''.Which of course,is not Real Democracy,not Government 'BY','OF' and 'FOR' the People,at all.

    We are undergoing a 'DELIBERATE' shift of Sovereignty from Nation States to Global Bankers and Corporations.All of our ''INTERVENTIONS''(Invasions) are designed to 'REMOVE' Leaders who Resist the new Standard out of National Loyalty to their Populations,setting the Stage for a ''NEW WORLD ORDER''.

    At the same time,'CITIZENS' are turned into Disposable Economic Units while Corporations are 'GRANTED' Personhood Rights without any Corresponding Responsibility whatsoever,and we're 'WORRIED' about FREE COLLEGE!!!!

    Capitalism? Democracy? Not even close,''FASCISM'',and it's not just Fascism plain and simple,it's Fascism on 'STEROIDS'.The People behind it are 'STARK RAVING MAD',and we're 'WORRIED' about FREE COLLEGE. Go Figure!

    Please,feel free to comment on the 'Context of the following two articles;

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/neolibe...roject/5531125

    https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/

  6. Likes ABFwife, fxstc07 Liked this post
  7. #35
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,757
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    [QUOTE=slavenomore;333552]WWhen I think of a young person wanting socialism and free education, I think it makes no long term sense.
    When I think college, I think "Why do they go to college?"
    It seems they go so they can make more money when they get out.
    They go because they want to be capitalists.
    And they will be.
    That's what the educated have done my whole life.
    They get degrees. They want more money in the market.
    They get more money from me on the products and services they're involved in. The price goes up so they get more money.
    They take as much as they can from the workers and union so they can have more.
    They learn all the tricks of capitalism for themselves very very well.
    So it's confusing to say the least of why a college desiring person would want socialism

  8. #36
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,172
    Rep Power
    324

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    It's the same tired sound bites and talking points.You guys have the exact same 'RHETORIC' every time.''FREE COLLEGE-FREE COLLEGE-FREE COLLEGE''. Socialism doesn't work? Fair enough,let's talk how well Capitalism is working.I'am talking about that raw,unregulated,market economy Capitalism where we are 'PRIVATIZING' Government in the name of 'EFFICIENCY'.No Environmental Standards,No Labor Standards,Survival of the 'RICHEST' after all.People who aren't rich are Morally Inferior,they're just not working 'HARD ENOUGH',or maybe they're just not Smart Enough.

    Much lip service is paid to the 'IDEALS' of Capitalism,while in Reality,the only 'VOTES' that 'MATTER' are those of the Majority Shareholder,Investor or Corporate CEO.It's a Democracy summed up with the phrase,''Those who own the most 'SHARES' get the most Votes''.Let's call it ''Democratic Capitalism'',or how about the ''Democracy of the Corporate Capitalistic State''.Which of course,is not Real Democracy,not Government 'BY','OF' and 'FOR' the People,at all.

    We are undergoing a 'DELIBERATE' shift of Sovereignty from Nation States to Global Bankers and Corporations.All of our ''INTERVENTIONS''(Invasions) are designed to 'REMOVE' Leaders who Resist the new Standard out of National Loyalty to their Populations,setting the Stage for a ''NEW WORLD ORDER''.

    At the same time,'CITIZENS' are turned into Disposable Economic Units while Corporations are 'GRANTED' Personhood Rights without any Corresponding Responsibility whatsoever,and we're 'WORRIED' about FREE COLLEGE!!!!

    Capitalism? Democracy? Not even close,''FASCISM'',and it's not just Fascism plain and simple,it's Fascism on 'STEROIDS'.The People behind it are 'STARK RAVING MAD',and we're 'WORRIED' about FREE COLLEGE. Go Figure!

    Please,feel free to comment on the 'Context of the following two articles;

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/neolibe...roject/5531125

    https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/
    You can call it what you want but I have listened to what Bernie says at his rallies.. Bernie says he is a socialist.. And I have repeatedly said that the current capitalism in this country isn't working.. Socialism is not the answer.. Your links were good articles but it was like going from one side of the street to the other side of the street..

  9. #37
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,651
    Rep Power
    946

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    I don't like the capitalism of today either Wizard.

    But my hunch is that all that big capitalism stuff you and I hate may actually have an underlying desire or even be deliberately taking us to what you want....we're almost there ...but not quite there yet.

    Very small groups of very wealthy people rule communism and socialism.
    If an economy collapses such as happened in Latin America before NAFTA, Ireland, Greece....austerity is imposed....people all work for nothing. Socialism where everybody pulls together to carry everybody.....everybody works for nothing.
    The current system a whole lot work for nothing.
    I was in junior high when the Reagan BS was here.....it's been attack on unions from then till now.
    I don't want that type of capitalism. It's been the stupidest system ands thought patterns to imagine....
    But unions had a big voice and picked up alot of people before that......a socialist/progressive type group who actually didn't like labor highjacked the Dems from the unions with McGovern.
    That was not good...they were the ones who are in Bill and Hillary and Bernie's Dem crowd....unions are nothing but money to alot of them.
    They are above manufacturing and labor......their brains take care of everything....Bill and Hillary began as socialist progressive hippie dems....look at them now.
    The young of Sanders will be the same imo.....unless unions and manufacturing are more front and center than college.
    The college thing is why labor was left behind under McGovern.

  10. #38
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,651
    Rep Power
    946

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’



    Is this the liberal/socialist-type/progressive hippie type hero of 1972?
    Here he is in 2009 against card check.

    I learned a little about him in a book called "The Politics Of Inequality" by Thomas Edsal.
    I think they were both Dems....but the current inequality and especially the part leaving unions with no politicians to rely on kicked in under the hippie hero..McGovern..

  11. #39
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,651
    Rep Power
    946

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’



    And then here we have a Jesuit priest on card check in 2009.....Catholicism usually opposes socialism.

  12. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
  13. #40
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    41,962
    Rep Power
    922

    Default Re: ‘socialism doesn’t work’

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post


    And then here we have a Jesuit priest on card check in 2009.....Catholicism usually opposes socialism.
    On the contrary, I found Catholicism to be fairly socialistic and I found that attractive about the church. I know that on my FB, there is so much from Pope Francis that is very socialist, and Bernie Sanders is constantly quoting him. Sorry I cannot listen to your video right now but I will in the morning.

 

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •