Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Democrats vs Republicans..

Well I have been challenged to why I support Trump so here goes.. I had been a life long Democrat till a few years ago.. Being a union person as was my father I always went with the Democratic ticket on elections.. That changed a few years ago when I got tired of the union telling me how I should vote.. About five years ago I changed to Independent.. Again I was questioned why I support Trump as I should be supporting Crooked Hillary.. Trump IMO is far from perfect but Hillary is just pure evil.
    Sanders was always my second choice but my mind changed on him as he bowed to Black lives matter group.. I have listened to what Trump says and I believe he will make the difference.. Hillary is running ads saying how he profited from having merchandise made in China and other third world countries.. Trump has on many occasions admired to that but what I see is he says he used the laws to his ability to make money as that is what capitalism is all about.. It's not amazing that there are many top republicans that still oppose have im as they afraid he will change the status quo in Washington.. Hillary Clinton if elected will continue the policies of the failed Obama.. We need someone that has a set of balls that puts political correctness in the back seat and with Trump I think the country will be safer.

2. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

Default Re: Democrats vs Republicans..

I quit after JFK.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by driver77 View Post
    I quit after JFK.
    was killed for threatening to break up CIA

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by driver77 View Post
    I quit after JFK.
    Today JFK would be considered as a moderate Republican.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    was killed for threatening to break up CIA
    Kennedy piss-off a lot of people (the Bankers, the Mob, the Cubans, MIC, elec..)it's hard to tell who did it, but you have to figure the CIA was in on it...

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Growing up my family were all democrats. All Kennedy lovers. Many years ago my mom and step dad started voting republican but I am not sure why. I remember them hating the whole reganomics issue. I was not a political person in the least. I hated politics (and still do) and felt my vote didn't mean a thing so I never bothered until I was in my 30's. Since then I have voted both republican and democrat. My dad and step dad were both union men however they never, never talked about it so the importance of unions was something I was never taught. At some point all of my parents went back to voting democrat. The turning point for me was the whole Cheney situation. Then when husband started working for ABF, his first union driving job, and got laid off from that job for two years (and you all witnessed that struggle right here as that is what made me join this site) and I witnessed what the republicans have sense done with the whole recession issue that occurred at the same time as the layoff, I will never, never vote republican again. I do not like most of the mainstream democrat politicians such as Hillary, but I cannot stand by and vote for a republican that is waiting to take literally everything away from working class people. Many of you have been long time union members, my husband has only been at it 10 years. We have struggled and struggled to get where we are at, and I do not think it is ok that the republicans want to take all of it away. I won't vote for Hillary or Trump. I cannot stomach Trump. He is an arrogant, flippant rich man and I think his views on foreign policy are going to get us in a lot of trouble. I will be writing Bernie in on the ballot if he doesn't make it on the ballot.

8. Likes fxstc07, 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Growing up my family were all democrats. All Kennedy lovers. Many years ago my mom and step dad started voting republican but I am not sure why. I remember them hating the whole reganomics issue. I was not a political person in the least. I hated politics (and still do) and felt my vote didn't mean a thing so I never bothered until I was in my 30's. Since then I have voted both republican and democrat. My dad and step dad were both union men however they never, never talked about it so the importance of unions was something I was never taught. At some point all of my parents went back to voting democrat. The turning point for me was the whole Cheney situation. Then when husband started working for ABF, his first union driving job, and got laid off from that job for two years (and you all witnessed that struggle right here as that is what made me join this site) and I witnessed what the republicans have sense done with the whole recession issue that occurred at the same time as the layoff, I will never, never vote republican again. I do not like most of the mainstream democrat politicians such as Hillary, but I cannot stand by and vote for a republican that is waiting to take literally everything away from working class people. Many of you have been long time union members, my husband has only been at it 10 years. We have struggled and struggled to get where we are at, and I do not think it is ok that the republicans want to take all of it away. I won't vote for Hillary or Trump. I cannot stomach Trump. He is an arrogant, flippant rich man and I think his views on foreign policy are going to get us in a lot of trouble. I will be writing Bernie in on the ballot if he doesn't make it on the ballot.
    I can say the one reason I switched from the democratic party is that over the years they are taking away many of the freedoms we have had.. Political correctness is one of the biggest problems in this country today.. People are afraid to say what they see because they don't want to be branded.. I will vote for whoever.. Independent and the will to vote for whoever..

From a meme on Facebook One I got a good laugh at because it's true..

Kennedy put men in space..
    Obama put men in the ladies room..

10. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I can say the one reason I switched from the democratic party is that over the years they are taking away many of the freedoms we have had.. Political correctness is one of the biggest problems in this country today.. People are afraid to say what they see because they don't want to be branded.. I will vote for whoever.. Independent and the will to vote for whoever..

From a meme on Facebook One I got a good laugh at because it's true..

Kennedy put men in space..
    Obama put men in the ladies room..

Ok, I keep hearing about political correctness but what has the republican party done for you or for any of us?

12. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

I would like to know what eater

I would like to know what any political has done for the average person.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Ok, I keep hearing about political correctness but what has the republican party done for you or for any of us?
    They want to keep men out of the ladies bathrooms,they want to keep Christ in Christmas and have the right to say Merry Christmas..They want "LEGAL" immigration,no sanctuary cities.. Political correctness is becoming a "world" problem,not just in our country.. In reality both parties have failed the American people but in todays world I will take the republicans over the democrats only because I feel they will keep us safer..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast