Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: How To Spot A False Flag Event

Six facts that disprove EVERYTHING liberals say about gun control - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

If you want to actually learn something about guns, the mainstream media is the last place you’ll want to look. The American public’s perception of the firearms debate has been completely warped by the media already. Consider this: there are half as many gun murders per-capita today as there were in the early 1990s, but only 12 percent of Americans are aware of that fact. By contrast, 56 percent think it’s increased, and 26 percent think it’s about the same.

You better believe the solutions proposed by those in Congress is faulty when most don’t even completely understand the nature of the problem. Here are just six facts courtesy of Breitbart News that you won’t see on MSNBC anytime soon

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” -Amendment 2 of the Bill of Rights
    “A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined…”
    – George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

“What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty …. Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” – Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress 750, August 17, 1789

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.”
    – James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves… and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.”
    – Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788..
    “Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” – Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

“When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace.” -Luke 11:21

Finally, President Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to James Madison, the 4thPresident, on December 20, 1987 said,
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

3. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I would think that the people were allowed to have the exact same weapons that Washington's army had.

If so....that should apply today imo.

5. Likes fxstc07, crazy Liked this post
    aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

America, Born in blood will die in blood !

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by driver77 View Post
    America, Born in blood will die in blood !
    will die from ignorance, with freedom and liberties given away.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

I doubt that the founding fathers 200 years ago could have foreseen what todays weapons would be like. Smith & Wesson M&P assault rifles, DPMS Panther Arms assault rifles, AK-47s, Uzis and Glocks. I'm not aware of any of which are used to arm any militia. I would like to believe that if here today the founding fathers thoughts on guns would be different.

9. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I doubt that the founding fathers 200 years ago could have foreseen what todays weapons would be like. Smith & Wesson M&P assault rifles, DPMS Panther Arms assault rifles, AK-47s, Uzis and Glocks. I'm not aware of any of which are used to arm any militia. I would like to believe that if here today the founding fathers thoughts on guns would be different.
    These are no more dangerous then a standard semi auto handgun. More easily concealed, fires just as fast, best in tight quarters. harder to disarm. Quick to change clips.
    Perhaps these too need to go? You know they too would be next and we need registration to know where they are when they come for them

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Funny gun violence has dropped since the 90's despite america has been busy arming themselves.

I guess you believe the fear mongering to disarm you for your well being, naturally

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I don't think so.. It is all in the interpretation..

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

The firestick may have been a name I heard from a movie. A reference the native Americans may have used. The firestick was more advanced weaponry. The most advanced compared to bow and sling and sword.
    So the people were allowed to have THE most advanced weapon... I'd think that was part of the intent.
    To defend against armies of tyrannical governments and ensure the people could defend themselves.
    To spin an earlier post
    ..in a free and open society...the government should trust the people with whatever weapons they want.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast