Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Five cops shot dead in ambush

I just had the time to read through this thread. I really don't like what I am reading. My family is full of different ethnic backgrounds. You all know my Irish ancestry but we have had African Americans marry into our family, several Hispanics, and personally I don't like seeing so many labels being applied to so many different ethnic groups. I have to agree with Wizard that race is not the problem but those in high places causing the discord by not doing what needs to be done in this country. I cannot agree or disagree as to whether Obama is causing racial strife because I really do not watch the news anymore. But I will say this, our president faced unbelievable racial hatred because he is black when he was running for president. The crap I used to see posted on FB, the horrible emails that would be sent to me about him. Disgusting that adult supposedly intelligent people would even spread this stuff. Maybe I am a softy. After all, I know how much the Irish were hated, even more than the blacks. And there are still plenty of people out there that think all Irish are dirty, lazy, alcoholics. There are many things in this country right now causing racial strife. I think Obama is pretty low on the list of those causes.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by driver77 View Post
    Guns, like human being need to be treated with respect, and we all be better off.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    And the right to own one..
    Quote Originally Posted by driver77 View Post
    or 10
    Guns or humans? Didn't Lincoln take care of part of that years ago?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I just had the time to read through this thread. I really don't like what I am reading. My family is full of different ethnic backgrounds. You all know my Irish ancestry but we have had African Americans marry into our family, several Hispanics, and personally I don't like seeing so many labels being applied to so many different ethnic groups. I have to agree with Wizard that race is not the problem but those in high places causing the discord by not doing what needs to be done in this country. I cannot agree or disagree as to whether Obama is causing racial strife because I really do not watch the news anymore. But I will say this, our president faced unbelievable racial hatred because he is black when he was running for president. The crap I used to see posted on FB, the horrible emails that would be sent to me about him. Disgusting that adult supposedly intelligent people would even spread this stuff. Maybe I am a softy. After all, I know how much the Irish were hated, even more than the blacks. And there are still plenty of people out there that think all Irish are dirty, lazy, alcoholics. There are many things in this country right now causing racial strife. I think Obama is pretty low on the list of those causes.
    Maybe I am getting naive in my old age because I don't see what you see.. As far as Obama goes,maybe some should listen to the words he says but then again just like the constitution and the bible and even the Koran.. It is all about the interpretation...
    I said months back that politics will divide people and I see that I was right..

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Maybe I am getting naive in my old age because I don't see what you see.. As far as Obama goes,maybe some should listen to the words he says but then again just like the constitution and the bible and even the Koran.. It is all about the interpretation...
    I said months back that politics will divide people and I see that I was right..
    I think those politics starting dividing us back in the 80's ...

6. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I think those politics starting dividing us back in the 80's ...
    When the political parties started leaning more left and more right.. I have said I was a life long Democrat but that party that I was registered with no longer exists..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

If it divides us because I do not believe Obama is the problem with racial issues, then it divides us. The problems IMO stem from a lot of people that did not want Obama as president because he is black. I truly think him being in office and the fact he is black has stirred up much racial hatred. Not because he himself is doing the stirring up.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    If it divides us because I do not believe Obama is the problem with racial issues, then it divides us. The problems IMO stem from a lot of people that did not want Obama as president because he is black. I truly think him being in office and the fact he is black has stirred up much racial hatred. Not because he himself is doing the stirring up.
    Again this is not about him being black as more as he is the one that has told the American people that he is black.. He has taken the White House's ratings down a few months notches like bringing in his race relations advisor Reverend Al Sharpton.. He praises the Black Lives Matter but only when it involves a white shooting a black BUT you never hear he saying anything when a black kills a white..
    You have your opinions and I have mine. That is what a message board forum is all about.. I will leave it as we agree to disagree.. As far as the disliking goes,it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

The black chief of police in Dallas spoke last night. And although I didn't hear much it was a speach seemingly from the heart. I thought it was awesome. I'll have to find it. It was along the lines of..too much is expected of the cops. And its probably very true. The budgets get cut and who does the stress get shoved off on? The cops.
    They're dealing with divorces, single parent kids, mentally ill people...even chasing down packs of wild dogs.
    I'm not gonna support giving them more power, nor grabbing guns...they probably don't want it anyways.
    But an aweful lot is put on them. Alot is put on all working people anymore. I would never want that job. Maybe a bunch should quit and show everybody it ain't even worth the money.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

12. Likes crazy Liked this post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast