Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Five cops shot dead in ambush

And then Obama had to go political..

How Obama ruined his Dallas memorial speech | New York Post

But as the president’s words flowed and deepened in Dallas, I was sure I was listening not only to the best remarks of his presidency but possibly one of the great presidential speeches of our age.

This was true even though he was making certain arguments with which I did not agree — but because his tone was so beautifully modulated and his argumentation so civil, the president himself got me to listen, pay attention, and respect the seriousness of his contentions.

And then he blew it.

He blew it by going on for almost 25 more minutes, repeating himself endlessly, and broadening his specific focus to a more general preachment about how “we” need to “open our hearts” on the subject of race.

As usual, Obama made strange use of the word “we,” because when he says “we,” he means “you,” and when he means “you,” he means people who aren’t as enlightened and thoughtful as he and his ideological compatriots are.

Worse yet, the excessive length gave rise to a few extraordinarily ill-conceived flourishes that would have been discarded from a more contained and controlled final speech.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    If it divides us because I do not believe Obama is the problem with racial issues, then it divides us. The problems IMO stem from a lot of people that did not want Obama as president because he is black. I truly think him being in office and the fact he is black has stirred up much racial hatred. Not because he himself is doing the stirring up.

Sheriff Clarke IS PISSED! 'Obama's Set This Whole Country on Fire With His Race Politics' [WATCH] ⋆ US Herald

America’s Sheriff has once again laid out in his “no-frill” language what critical thinking Americans have been hoping someone would address openly and honestly.

And Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke didn’t disappoint is legends of fans when he addressed the plight of race relations on "Sunday Morning Futures" and President’s Obama’s apparent ambivalence to the unfolding crises, and terming it as the elephant in the room" when it comes to police-involved shootings of black males.

Sheriff Clarke once again cut through the progressive blather identifying the current racial issues facing America stating:

"What leads to so many interactions of young black males and police in urban centers? It's crime, that might be an ugly truth, but it's still the truth."

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Crazy, we have watched these racial issues unfold many times in our history. I lived in L.A. when the riots were going on. I remember my dad leaving for work and telling us girls we had to stay in the back yard because of the riots and for mom to leave the doors locked. And then remember the Rodney King situation in the 90's? No one was blaming our president then.

4. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Race riots have always occurred, dating back to the 1800's. Not all were black riots, as the 1844 Philadelphia riot was a group of white, anti-Irish Catholic Protestants opposed to immigration.
    Interesting story.

10 Worst Race Riots in American History - Toptenz.net

6. Likes ABFwife, crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Here's more on race relations brought on by the Obama administration..

WATCH - Obama HIJACKS Dallas Memorial With THIS Nasty Message

President Bush almost moved the people to tears. Chief Brown made them rise with thunderous applause. And then came Obama…

He turned a somber, yet respectful moment and turned it on its head. He started with, “If we are to honor these five outstanding officers, then we will have to act on the truths that we know… we’re going to have to be honest with each other and ourselves…”
    And the completely killed the moment when he stated, “We…know that centuries of racial discrimination and slavery and subjugation and Jim Crow, they didn’t simply vanish at the end of lawful segregation. They didn’t just stop when Dr. King made a speech…”

8. Likes driver77 Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

If Hillary gets in it will change from race to gender. The Dems wanted the first black ....and here we are.
    They want the first woman .....and that will be the next dumb ugly chapter.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    If Hillary gets in it will change from race to gender. The Dems wanted the first black ....and here we are.
    I was hoping for an Hispanic, atheist, transgender female to run.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

11. Likes driver77 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Not sure I understand where you're coming from.
    It would be fine if we continue the tradition of crusty old white men that have plunged our country to the brink of economic collapse and total annihilation ?
    Besides, some of the strongest and best world leaders were women.

13. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

That's it , we need more crusty old white women in politics.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by driver77 View Post
    That's it , we need more crusty old white women in politics.
    We need competent and honest leaders ready to face the challenges of a different and changing world.
    Not more corporate lap dogs.
    Race, gender or other distinctive human issues don't matter.

16. Likes ABFwife Liked this post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast