Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default ABQ could be first in state to require paid sick leave

Well, this news made it onto the IBT site and since I live near ABQ. and many that I know work there, this is big news for us.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Albuquerque could be the first city in the state to require businesses to offer paid sick leave.

The proposal is called Healthy Workforce Ordinance.

Some say it could force businesses out of the city, but supporters say it would help thousands of people.

The Albuquerque Journal reports that after collect signatures, those supporters plan to file a petition Monday to get the issue on the ballot. They are hoping to see it on the general election ballot in November or in the city election next year.
    ABQ could be first in state to require paid sick leave | New Mexico News - KOAT Home

2. Likes fxstc07, fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Default Re: ABQ could be first in state to require paid sick leave

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Well, this news made it onto the IBT site and since I live near ABQ. and many that I know work there, this is big news for us.

ABQ could be first in state to require paid sick leave | New Mexico News - KOAT Home
    I believe the State of Massachusetts is the first.......

Massachusetts' earned sick time law goes into effect Wednesday | masslive.com

Earned Sick Time

And as i have already stated in the UPS Freight forum it appears that i will be getting 5 sick days,plus my 4 discretionary days, I am already up to 24 hours of paid sick time......