Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default The Numbers Show that Obama May Have Been an Economic Savior

This has been such a continual topic of discussion on our site, of course being our president, but here is an article that counters a lot of what has been said on this site. I will say again, has he been a perfect president? No. Is there even such a thing? I doubt it. But here are the facts.
    Although wonky economic discussions quickly bore most audiences, when it comes to more personalized reporting on the health of the economy, people perk up. That’s because the economy is frequently the single most important issue on the minds of voters during election years. That trend appears to continue in the 2016 contest. And it makes sense. The state of the economy affects everyone, from a millionaire expecting to make a killing from stock dividends to a minimum-wage worker hoping to get a good interest rate on a credit card.

Has President Obama’s record on economic issues been “dismal” or dazzling? We pull the curtain back on claims about Obama’s tax-hiking, job-killing, budget-crippling, regulation-loving economic policies. By the end of it, we’ll have a clearer sense of how much better off we are now than we were eight years ago.
    Republicans hail Ronald Reagan as an economic savior. Compared with Reagan’s handling of the economic recession he inherited, President Obama has, as Polaris Financial CEO Bob Deitrick notes, “kept unemployment from peaking at as high a level as President Reagan, and promoted people into the workforce faster than President Reagan.” And a dollar put into the stock market at the start of the Obama presidency yielded an investor a better return than a dollar invested at the start of the Reagan presidency. Perhaps one day we’ll talk about Obama-nomics in reverential tones.
    The Numbers Show that Obama May Have Been an Economic Savior | Alternet

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: The Numbers Show that Obama May Have Been an Economic Savior

best economy for 1%ers ever

hmm alternet
    comments
    Mcanon •Is this what we can expect from Alternet from now until the election? Article
    after article attacking Trump, with “balanced” reporting on the neoliberal
    argument that the economy and America is in such good hands with the Democrats
    in the White House. Yeah, that’s why millions flocked to Bernie’s campaign,
    because the establishment Dems have done so well by working families. Go back
    to sleep America everything is just fine… Trust us… We know what’s best…

vlp1730 • The jobs reports are a joke. The use of the birth-death model obscures the truth. Most of the jobs created are part time and are crap jobs; bartenders, sales associates and the like. Not manufacturing jobs.

undrgrndgirl • savior for whom, exactly?
    i earn less than i did in 1998. most jobs that were "created" are crap part time jobs with not protections or benefits...and don't get me started on the "gig" economy. as far as i - and many, many people i know - the recession has not ended.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    best economy for 1%ers ever

hmm alternet
    comments
    Mcanon •Is this what we can expect from Alternet from now until the election? Article
    after article attacking Trump, with “balanced” reporting on the neoliberal
    argument that the economy and America is in such good hands with the Democrats
    in the White House. Yeah, that’s why millions flocked to Bernie’s campaign,
    because the establishment Dems have done so well by working families. Go back
    to sleep America everything is just fine… Trust us… We know what’s best…

vlp1730 • The jobs reports are a joke. The use of the birth-death model obscures the truth. Most of the jobs created are part time and are crap jobs; bartenders, sales associates and the like. Not manufacturing jobs.

undrgrndgirl • savior for whom, exactly?
    i earn less than i did in 1998. most jobs that were "created" are crap part time jobs with not protections or benefits...and don't get me started on the "gig" economy. as far as i - and many, many people i know - the recession has not ended.
    I have seen endless posts on this site about the evils of Obama. Just posting some info from the other side. A little balance you might say.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

more like a little propaganda

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have seen endless posts on this site about the evils of Obama. Just posting some info from the other side. A little balance you might say.
    here's a little balanced

aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Ok, and only the right wing media is correct on Obama? You have your opinions and I have mine. I have some issues with Obama too but most of what the right wing media paints is pure bull****.

9. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    aka. dblclutch

Local Union
    705ibt
    Employer
    abf

Can't we just be friends. LOL

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Sure he can take credit for some jobs but how many decent jobs were there?? They count every part time job and many who lost jobs were taking two or three part time jobs trying to keep up.. So that adds up to three jobs.. How many were there?? I know of a few that live in my neighborhood.. He's been there for seven and a half years and IMO a total failure.. Mickey mouse could have done the job better.. The article mentions the country was losing like 800,000 jobs a month.. True!! Anybody remember Barney Frank??The Housing Crisis?? YRCW's total downfall??
    Maybe some think he stopped the downfall but IMO the country bottomed out and needed new leadership.. We are still waiting..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast