Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Will Fred Zuckerman Win the Election?

These numbers are horrible. Teamsters who do not vote should be ashamed! I mean no one is even talking about it here on the site. What gives?

With the future of the Teamsters Union at stake, the International Union election outcome comes down to this: turnout.

Through October 18, the Election Supervisor has received 79,000 ballots. That’s 6 percent of the membership. Thirty thousand of those ballots came in today—and more are in the mail. But we’ve got a long way to go.

Around this time, many members start saying, “Everyone’s voted.” But with only 6 percent of the ballots returned, we know that’s not true.

Last time only 20 percent of the membership voted. Low voter turnout is not our friend.
    Will Fred Zuckerman Win the Election? - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Will Fred Zuckerman Win the Election?

It took 10 seconds to fill out my ballot and get it in the mail. In case anyone wonders how I voted.....IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE! No apathy here. I'm tired of concessionary contracts and Hoffa thinking things need to continue in that direction. Executive compensation percentage has reached an all time high while the blue collar stiffs slide backwards. The bullying witnessed by Hoffa goons at the last couple of conventions solidified my desire to vote him and his soldiers out.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

3. Likes fxstc07, 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I talked yesterday to my local UPS driver and I posted on another thread a week ago or so that he wasn't even aware of a election..Well now he has told me that yes they are all aware of it after he questioned his steward and yes most of the support goes to Zuckerman.. He thanked me yesterday for making him aware as a lot of the mail that comes to his house is put aside. He also got others involved and explained to them what I had told him about Hoffa.. Looks like a terminal wide victory for Zuckerman and company..

5. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I talked yesterday to my local UPS driver and I posted on another thread a week ago or so that he wasn't even aware of a election..Well now he has told me that yes they are all aware of it after he questioned his steward and yes most of the support goes to Zuckerman.. He thanked me yesterday for making him aware as a lot of the mail that comes to his house is put aside. He also got others involved and explained to them what I had told him about Hoffa.. Looks like a terminal wide victory for Zuckerman and company..
    I have received numerous calls over the last few weeks regarding the election. Post cards. Flyers. Pages in the Teamster magazine. How the hell can you not know there's an election? Oh yeah, apathy. That and a bunch of uninvolved, thankless, do nothings as members. I'm retiring soon. They all deserve what they get.

7. Likes ABFwife, 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    I have received numerous calls over the last few weeks regarding the election. Post cards. Flyers. Pages in the Teamster magazine. How the hell can you not know there's an election? Oh yeah, apathy. That and a bunch of uninvolved, thankless, do nothings as members. I'm retiring soon. They all deserve what they get.

Maybe that is why the low cost turnout so far.. The union of "Meister's" I know that be sure three quarters of the new Penn guys were like that. we used to call it the non union union company in the Hudson valley.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Maybe that is why the low cost turnout so far.. The union of "Meister's" I know that be sure three quarters of the new Penn guys were like that. we used to call it the non union union company in the Hudson valley.
    We didn't have many Meister's but since the merger it seems there are more ball washers at 881 than the local golf course.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I have received daily text messages from Local 107 regarding the election and reminder the ballots are in the mail.
    I mean ... every day !

11. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    We didn't have many Meister's but since the merger it seems there are more ball washers at 881 than the local golf course.