Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Hoffa-Hall Re-Elected to Five-Year Term to Lead Union

Well we all know this by now but I will make the official post.
    (WASHINGTON) – International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa, General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall, International Vice Presidents At-Large, International Trustees and International Vice Presidents in the Eastern, Southern and Central Regions were elected Friday night in the 2016 Election of International Union Officers, according to unofficial results provided by the Office of the Election Supervisor. International Vice Presidents in the Western and Canadian Regions were elected by acclimation at the 2016 International Convention in June.

“This was a hard-fought campaign and a historically close election,” Hoffa said. “Though we have many challenges before us, now is the time to join together as brothers and sisters and stand strong against those who would destroy the labor movement and deny worker’s the gains they have struggled to achieve. We will continue to lead the fight to organize the unorganized, ensure strong health care, good wages, a secure retirement and holding employers and politicians accountable.”

Hoffa first took office following his victory in December 1998 and was re-elected in 2001, 2006 and 2011. By winning this week, Hoffa is elected to another five-year term that will begin in mid-March 2017.
    https://teamster.org/news/2016/11/ho...erm-lead-union

Doh!

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Default Re: Hoffa-Hall Re-Elected to Five-Year Term to Lead Union

"...We will continue to lead the fight to organize the unorganized, ensure strong health care, good wages, a secure retirement and holding employers and politicians accountable.”
    So says Hoffa. Yeah, right. How about leading the fight against give back contracts , RTW laws , and pension
    cuts?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    So says Hoffa. Yeah, right. How about leading the fight against give back contracts , RTW laws , and pension
    cuts?
    He's on his last gig!! He doesn't give a crap about the freight teamsters.After all THEY are the ones that lead the charge against him.. Hoffa could be compared to the Democrats and the inner city minorities.. Once they secured the vote its over till the next election..

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

All I can say is "Hey you hosers from the great white north, you dropped the ball, eh?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

5. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    All I can say is "Hey you hosers from the great white north, you dropped the ball, eh?

You can't blame the Canadians totally.. Put the blame on the near one million members that did not return their ballots.. That is where the election was lost..

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    You can't blame the Canadians totally.. Put the blame on the near one million members that did not return their ballots.. That is where the election was lost..
    Hey hoser, a ballot cast is a ballot counted. Last I checked those from the great white north were a majority for the Hofficers. Those that didn't vote must have been happy with Captain Concessions and crew. Now we get to stare at his mug awhile longer. Beauty eh? Pass me a brew.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I know the Hoffa regime got re-elected but it seems he might be short a player here..

Charges recommended against fourth top Teamster official | Washington Examiner

The official charged with monitoring the International Brotherhood of Teamsters has decided that the executive assistant to union President James P. Hoffa should be charged with racketeering for illegally accepting six tickets to a 2013 Super Bowl party in New Orleans hosted by Playboy magazine.

The tickets were a gift to William C. Smith from an employer whose workers are represented by the Teamsters and were given in exchange for the Teamsters leadership's help in ensuring that union contract negotiations underway at the time were concluded on terms favorable to the company, not the workers, according to independent investigations officer Joseph diGenova.

"These party admissions were things of value worth, at least, $6,000. Smith violated [federal law] which forbade an IBT employee from soliciting and receiving a thing of value from an IBT employer, and committed an act of racketeering," diGenova, the independent investigations officer in charge of carrying out a 1989 court-ordered consent decree to monitor the Teamsters for corruption and a former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, wrote in a letter dated Nov. 17 to Hoffa.

Smith is the third top Teamsters official who charges have been recommended against in the last month, the other two being former union Political Director Nicole Brener-Schmitz and current General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall, the union's No. 2 official

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    Nevermind

(WASHINGTON) – International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa, General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall, International Vice Presidents At-Large, International Trustees and International Vice Presidents in the Eastern, Southern and Central Regions were elected Friday night in the 2016 Election of International Union Officers, according to unofficial results provided by the Office of the Election Supervisor. International Vice Presidents in the Western and Canadian Regions were elected by acclimation at the 2016 International Convention in June.

“This was a hard-fought campaign and a historically close election,” Hoffa said. “Though we have many challenges before us, now is the time to join together as brothers and sisters and stand strong against those who would destroy the labor movement and deny worker’s the gains they have struggled to achieve. We will continue to lead the fight to organize the unorganized, ensure strong health care, good wages, a secure retirement and holding employers and politicians accountable.”

Hoffa first took office following his victory in December 1998 and was re-elected in 2001, 2006 and 2011. By winning this week, Hoffa is elected to another five-year term that will begin in mid-March 2017.
    Notice how Hooffaa's publicity spinner managed to write a press release without mentioning:

Six of the mighty Hooffaa's International Vice Presidents lost to members of a challenging slate. Those six new VPs-elect were on a slate that Hooffas's minions at the Teamsters convention claimed could never win, and were wasting the members' dues money just by running for office.

Or that Hoffa's slate lost to the challengers in the following areas:

Hoffa's own Local; 299
    The entire Southern Region
    The entire Central Region
    The entire United States
    Hundreds of Locals and other units, even including two in Canada
    Western Region Vice President Ron Herrera's Local 396
    The soon-to-be-former Central Region Vice President Brian Buhle's Local 135

Or that Current GEB members Rome Aloise and Ken Hall will not be taking office for the next five year term that begins in March, because they will be removed from the Teamsters Union by the members of what used to be called the Independent Review Board. And Hooffaa Himself might also be removed, eventually.
    Last edited by TDU_Teamster; 11-24-2016 at 09:24 AM.

10. Likes 222lifer, fxstc07, crazy, 2631, gillholey, ABFwife Liked this post