Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Hoffa: Teamsters Support Immigration Reform with Path to Citizenship

(WASHINGTON) – The following is the official statement of Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on the decision handed down from the White House today to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) executive order originally put in place under President Obama.

“The Teamsters are disappointed by this decision, as the union has long supported immigration reform and a path to citizenship for our nation’s ‘dreamers’. These young people are already citizens in every way that matters and deserve to have all of the same rights and opportunities enjoyed by U.S.-born children.”

“Ending the DACA program punishes these nearly 800,000 people, including numerous Teamsters across industries, whose only crime was being brought to the U.S. as minors by their own families. It is neither fair nor just, especially at a time when thousands of them are involved with getting their communities back on track in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
    https://teamster.org/news/2017/09/ho...th-citizenship

2. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: Hoffa: Teamsters Support Immigration Reform with Path to Citizenship

This is one of the few times that I agree with Hoffa. But I also agree with the way Trump is handling it. Make the congress do it's job and work out a solution to the DREAM problem. Find a way to make them legal. It's not their fault that they were brought here illegally.

4. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Hoffa: Teamsters Support Immigration Reform with Path to Citizenship

Everybody in Washington is there to do a job. They should do something.
    However, passing the buck on another promise sounds just a little hypocritical to me. But expected considering the source.

6. Likes 2631, ABFwife Liked this post