Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Hoffa: Itís Time to Protect Pensions

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I didn't know that. I would be amazed if FedEx would agree to join a MEPF. How are those negotiations going?
    As far as I understand it... the FedEx workers voted to decertify the Teamsters union as its bargaining representative in July...

A group of FedEx workers has decided to say goodbye to its union.

FedEx announced that city and road drivers at a FedEx Freight service center in Charlotte voted to “decertify the Teamsters union as its bargaining representative.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...ify-union.html

Teamsters Local 71

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    As far as I understand it... the FedEx workers voted to decertify the Teamsters union as its bargaining representative in July...

Teamsters Local 71
    I thonk that the process took too long....and the time factor gives the company time to get the union out.....thru its unionbusting tactics.
    trump is just gonna do everything to make it even harder to organize and keep people involved until they get a contract.
    Obama should've changed the time factor immediately for us....instead other things were more important....leaving us in not much better shape than what we've been for decades...back thru the 70's.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I didn't know that. I would be amazed if FedEx would agree to join a MEPF. How are those negotiations going?
    They decertified a few months ago. Never even saw their first contract. I see your question was already answered 2631. I spoke to the core group every day from the beginning of the campaign. Hoot Owl, Chigger, Roger, Leon, Barry. A great bunch of guys.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 01-01-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    I thonk that the process took too long....and the time factor gives the company time to get the union out.....thru its unionbusting tactics.
    trump is just gonna do everything to make it even harder to organize and keep people involved until they get a contract.
    Obama should've changed the time factor immediately for us....instead other things were more important....leaving us in not much better shape than what we've been for decades...back thru the 70's.
    Slave, we were certain when we got the expedited election rule in place there would be FedEx barns petitioning all over the country. Nothing. That resolution we heard from Hoffa about organizing FedEx seemed to smell like B.S. overnight.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Slave, we were certain when we got the expedited election rule in place there would be FedEx barns petitioning all over the country. Nothing. That resolution we heard from Hoffa about organizing FedEx seemed to smell like B.S. overnight.

Players on both sides of the fence...controlling the whole industry.
    UPS, FedEx owned by most of the same monopoly banks | Fight Back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12