Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast

Thread: Religion

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Religion

I won't comment on this newly released information from the Vatican Archives during Pope Pius XII reign as the Nazi's murdered millions.

Records From Once-Secret Archive Offer New Clues Into Vatican Response To Holocaust
    Vatican officials have always insisted Pope Pius XII did everything possible to save Jewish lives during World War II. But many scholars accuse him of complicit silence while some 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.
    "Pope Pius XII thought that he should not take sides in the war," says Brown University professor David Kertzer, "and that therefore he should not be criticizing either side of the war, including the Nazis."
    The historian found two documents that reveal an intense debate was under way in the Vatican in 1943, when the Nazi occupiers of Rome rounded up more than 1,000 Jews and detained them in a military college 800 yards from St. Peter's Square before packing them off to the Auschwitz concentration camp. As the German ambassador to the Vatican reported to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, the roundup occurred under the pope's "very windows." Only 16 of the deportees survived.
    The historian says his findings help fill many of the behind-the-scenes gaps at the Vatican during the war and its aftermath. But there is one question, says Kertzer, Pope Pius XII never seemed to ask:

"How could so many thousands and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Germans and their allies take part in the mass murder of Jewish children and old people and so forth, still thinking they were good Catholics?"
    https://www.npr.org/2020/08/29/90707...campaign=world

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I won't comment on this newly released information from the Vatican Archives during Pope Pius XII reign as the Nazi's murdered millions.

Records From Once-Secret Archive Offer New Clues Into Vatican Response To Holocaust

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/29/90707...campaign=world
    That was then...This is now:
    https://mondoweiss.net/2020/04/ny-ti...-against-iran/
    ‘NY Times’ ignores how Israel and the Israel lobby promote vicious U.S. sanctions against Iran
    BY JAMES NORTH APRIL 11, 2020

The New York Times does continue to report on the U.S. effort to stop humanitarian aid from reaching Iran during the coronavirus crisis. The paper, to its credit, even editorialized against the vicious sanctions. But the Times either ignores or covers up key factors that motivate the Trump administration’s inhumane policy: Israel, and the Israel lobby inside the United States. The U.S. just increased the pressure another notch, by using its power at the International Monetary Fund to block Iran’s request for an emergency $5 billion loan to fight the pandemic.

What’s more, Israel advocates in America are vigorously promoting the hostility to Iran. A small but influential lobbying group in Washington called the “Foundation for the Defense of Democracies,” a disguise if ever there was one, pushes the anti-Iran line. The estimable John Judis profiled the FDD a few years ago, pointing out that its “chief funders have been drawn almost entirely from American Jews who have a long history of funding pro-Israel organizations.”
    They are no better or different than the Germans were.
    As a matter of fact...Hitler rose to power due to reparations for WWI.Those reparations were 3x the property value of all of Germany and the Germans were starving.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I want to post this commentary. It's about a letter sent to the Military Religious Freedom Foundation claiming they attack Christians and that should should accept Christ as their savior.
    In other words, no religious freedom. Just convert, change or be a Christian. Doesn't sound like religous freedom to me.
    One line stood out to me. I will highlight it below in the story.

Christian love wasn’t meant to be weaponized: A retired Air Force chaplain and rabbi’s message
    When an anonymous Army officer’s wife sent an email to Mikey Weinstein and the Military Religious Freedom Foundation Aug. 31, a supporter of the foundation, retired Air Force Col. (Chaplain) Joel R. Schwartzman, a Jewish rabbi, felt compelled to write back.
    Schwartzman served more than 23 years in the Air Force, including at the U.S. Air Force Academy. He also served two Denver synagogues from 2000 to 2011, one as an associate rabbi for a year, and Congregation B’nai Chaim for a decade as senior rabbi, where he is now serving as emeritus.
    The Army wife’s letter, in which she asked MRFF to quite attacking Christians, admonished Weinstein and others Jews “to bend a knee” and accept Christ as their savior. It is s typical of some of the mail that Weinstein receives, though many of those letters and emails are vile and despicable. Other supporters and board members of MRFF also responded, but the rabbi’s Sept. 1 letter is particularly powerful.
    Below are a couple of points this Rabbi made in his return letter to the an anonymous Army officer’s wife.

How would you respond if someone were to come at you with a threat that either you convert to their brand of religion or you would burn for eternity? How would you like it if they called you names, falsely accused you of all kinds of terrible acts and condemned your faith and your religion? How would you feel if this threat were made real by your receiving symbols of hate because you believe what you do? How would you feel if they threatened your life and the lives of your family members and the people who believe as you do? I’ll bet that you wouldn’t like it. I’ll further bet that the person might frighten you a bit, especially if this were happening repeatedly throughout your people’s history, born out by terrible persecution, exile and death.
    Rather than condemn the MRFF, you would do well to cease your activities and study your Bible. Christian love was never meant to be used as a weapon or a cudgel. Christian zealots throw New Testament verses around like knives and axes. They were not meant to be tools that would act to intimidate and frighten others. They were meant to cultivate faith among Christians.
    https://www.airforcetimes.com/opinio...abbis-message/

4. Likes 222lifer, ABFwife Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2020/living-a-lie
    This may be a very good book. Religion. Politics. Milenials and Gen Z.
    I haven't read one for awhile. This one got my attention.
    He's an Orthodox. And has some very important stuff.
    https://www.theamericanconservative....nedict-option/
    In his new book, Live Not By Lies, Rod Dreher warns us that the Hitlers and Stalins of our age will not wear funny mustaches and slick uniforms as they did in the 20th century. “The totalitarian temptation presents itself with a twenty-first century face,” he writes. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is that face. It’s the face of grown women screaming in anger and disbelief into the cameras of their iPhones over the death of their fallen hero. It’s the face of grown men who tweet about collapsing on the floor, sobbing, on hearing the news of Ginsburg’s death.

So long as Millennials remain dominant in American politics, this will remain the prevailing mode of discourse. My generation was abandoned by our parents and our teachers. We were never given a moral education for fear of stunting our “individuality. We were never taught to reason. We were never taught to control our emotional or carnal impulses.

That’s why there isn’t one real “individual” in America under forty. We all became slaves to peer pressure, and to our own base appetites. That’s the great danger of this moment in American history. We are being ruled by children—children who can’t tell right from wrong, and who lack all self-control. Like all children, our new ruling class won’t hesitate to punish any deviation from their the latest infatuation with ostracism, abuse, and perhaps even violence.

The new totalitarians are overgrown children, which is why the new totalitarianism will be defined by these three characteristics: emotivism, hedonism, and conformism. It will look less like Nineteen Eighty-Four and more like Lord of the Flies

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Financial challenges. I'll just post for informational reasons.

One N.J. Catholic diocese has filed for bankruptcy. Will the other 4 follow?
    Faced with a flood of priest abuse victims applying to the New Jersey Independent Victims Compensation Program, the Catholic diocese had to borrow $8 million to pay out-of-court settlements.
    Then, the diocese was slammed with another 55 lawsuits from other alleged abuse victims in state court after New Jersey changed its state law Dec. 1 to allow victims to sue the Catholic Church.
    Though Camden is the first diocese in New Jersey to declare bankruptcy, more than 20 Catholic dioceses around the country have taken the same path after priest sexual abuse settlements began to drain their coffers. That includes the Diocese of Rockville Centre on Long Island, one of the largest dioceses in the country, which announced its bankruptcy filing on the same day as Camden.
    Two area Catholic dioceses filing bankruptcy on the same day raised questions about whether other dioceses will follow.

New Jersey’s other four dioceses — the Archdiocese of Newark and the dioceses of Metuchen, Paterson and Trenton — are all facing the same financial problems brought on by the pandemic, clergy sexual abuse lawsuits and settlements reached through the New Jersey Independent Victims Compensation Fund.
    https://www.nj.com/news/2020/10/one-...-4-follow.html

7. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Financial challenges. I'll just post for informational reasons.

One N.J. Catholic diocese has filed for bankruptcy. Will the other 4 follow?

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/10/one-...-4-follow.html
    The level that this behavior was allowed to continue for so long and the scale of it is enough to make anyone not want to go to a Catholic church. But in the back of my mind, I do wonder if this is a problem in other denominations, maybe just not on the same scale.

9. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

MSN posted this today. What a vile, horrible man. No matter who you vote for, no church should behave this way. And these are Trump Christians? Terrifying!!!

Clip of pastor laughing that 'media said Joe Biden's president' goes viral

During a service this weekend at Lord of Hosts Church in Omaha, Neb., pastor Kenneth Copeland referenced the election, declaring: "The media said what?! The media said Joe Biden is the president" before exploding in uproarious laughter.

Members of the congregation are seen egging Copeland on, clapping and standing as they laugh together in apparent mockery of Biden's projected victory.
    Last edited by ABFwife; 11-11-2020 at 03:48 PM.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    MSN posted this today. What a vile, horrible man. No matter who you vote for, no church should behave this way. And these are Trump Christians? Terrifying!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp
    I'm not one of them kind of ...but I think it's hilarious.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

That's how the pay to pray folks react when they realize their great gift, I mean grift from God was sent packing along with the tax right off's for votes.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 11-09-2020 at 08:41 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

So,as a liberal ABFwife,this is what 'terrifies' you,''Trump Christians'' laughing in church,this is ''terrifying'' to you?....the tens of thousands innocent 'women and children' killed in the Middle East by our bombs and drones isn't terrifying to you?,or is that a different kind of terrifying?...different in the sense that they're women and children of a ''LESSER GOD''(muslim-not christian),maybe that's it,I don't know...not to mention the thousands of American lives!!!!...I could go on and on but why bother...'USED TO BE' leftists and liberals were ''AGAINST WAR'' and ''CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY''....but these days they VOTE MASS MURDERERS into office with a 'clear conscience'...maybe,just maybe,instead of worrying about Trump Christians,we can pray for the souls of the dead...

These are passages from the article I've posted....

''And make no mistake,murdering people is what the Biden administration will be doing''...

''Add to this the bloodthirsty ghouls likely to wind up in Biden's cabinet(bernie who?)and the hawkish rhetoric of his foreign policy advisors,and you're likely looking at a President who will serve as an 'empty vessel' for whatever the US war machine wants to pour into him...Mass murders are being planned,and it's going to get ugly''...

''It's odd,you know...US political leaders are so 'revered'(except trump of course)by the media and so normalized on our screens that's it's easy to 'forget' how many ''children'' they've 'killed'...you see the doddering old man eating ice cream enough times and it becomes difficult to marry him in your mind with the 'butcher'(biden)who played a 'crucial leading role' in advancing the Iraq invasion which killed a million people and ushered in an unprecedented new age of military expansionism...

''You won't be hearing ZILCH about Russian interference anymore,so you can stop looking under your bed''......

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55836.htm

14. Likes slavenomore Liked this post

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast