Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Teamsters Leader Condemns Inaction in Helping Dreamers

“This nation is the only home these children have ever known,” Hoffa said. “Yet too many lawmakers, most of whom repeatedly make a point of saying they stand up for families, are turning their backs on them in their time of need. That’s not right and is plain un-American.”

Trump has promised to better enforce immigration law and pursue policies that protect domestic workers from unfair foreign competition. The administration has said it will prioritize criminal aliens, but critics have expressed concern over mass deportation – which would include illegal immigrants that are otherwise acting lawfully.

“For centuries, this country has served as a beacon of hope to millions across the globe who sought opportunity and refuge,” Hoffa said. “We mustn’t allow that light to be snuffed out by callous members of Congress seeking to politicize the fate of those who had no choice in coming to this country. These children are our children now.”

The Teamsters union isn’t alone in its opposition to the program potentially being eliminated. The AFL-CIO claimed that the initiative and the temporary protected status program are essential in fighting for better wages and working conditions. Unite Here has also supported efforts to protect Dreamers – while being at the forefront of helping another immigrant group that has lived in the United States legally for years after being displaced from its home country.
    Teamsters Leader Condemns Inaction in Helping Dreamers

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Teamsters Leader Condemns Inaction in Helping Dreamers

The Democrats wanted legal status for 800,000 so called dreamers.. Trump upped the number to 1,800,000 and it is the "democrats" that are blocking this.. Nancy Pelozi and Chuckie Schumer.. And with the so called deadline March 5th or so what do the politicians do?? They went home for a week.. Just shows "NEITHER" side gives a crap about dreamers..
    Last edited by crazy; 02-19-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    The Democrats wanted legal status for 800,000 so called dreamers.. Trump upped the number to 1,800,000 and it is the "democrats" that are blocking this.. Nancy Pelozi and Chuckie Schumer.. And with the so called deadline March 5th or so what do the politicians do?? They went home for a week.. Just shows "NEITHER" side gives a crap about dreamers..
    Your leaving out several details. He also wants a wall built in return, that we will end up paying for.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Your leaving out several details. He also wants a wall built in return, that we will end up paying for.
    It's called compromise.. The dreamers stay and he gets the wall.. No wall and the dreamers go..

5. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

It's called compromise.. The dreamers stay and he gets the wall.. No wall and the dreamers go..
    What a deal!

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    What a deal!
    See personally I beleive all immigrants should come here legally.. Not jumping over a fence or getting a visa and just plain staying..

8. Likes Walleye Liked this post
    Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPGF

See personally I beleive all immigrants should come here legally.. Not jumping over a fence or getting a visa and just plain staying..
    I'd go one step further and shoot anyone trying to get in illegally,.....

10. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    I'd go one step further and shoot anyone trying to get in illegally,.....
    WOW, you want our government to shoot down unarmed illegals attempting to cross our borders in search of a better life. That reminds me of those people in communist East Berlin that tried to climb the wall into West Berlin. Shoot them all you say. Wouldn't it be cheaper and more effective to lay land mines and fly armed drones along the borders than to build a wall? Kill them all men women and children. Maybe that will even solve the drug problem but I doubt it. But I'd sleep better knowing we had snipers and C-130 gunships securing our borders.

12. Likes 222lifer, ABFwife Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    WOW, you want our government to shoot down unarmed illegals attempting to cross our borders in search of a better life. That reminds me of those people in communist East Berlin that tried to climb the wall into West Berlin. Shoot them all you say. Wouldn't it be cheaper and more effective to lay land mines and fly armed drones along the borders than to build a wall? Kill them all men women and children. Maybe that will even solve the drug problem but I doubt it. But I'd sleep better knowing we had snipers and C-130 gunships securing our borders.
    I often wonder what happened to humanity? There's a big difference between hatred and sarcasm. Wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

14. Likes 2631, ABFwife Liked this post