Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Teamsters Decry Supreme Court Ruling Rolling Back Public Sector Union Rights

(WASHINGTON) – Today, the U.S. Supreme Court sided with anti-union advocates attempting to undercut the rights of millions of public employees to negotiate with their employers for a fair return on the value of their work.

By backing the plaintiffs in “Janus v. AFSCME,” the high court’s decision is an attempt to limit the collective voices of not only government workers, but those in the private sector as well.

“The Supreme Court’s ruling is at a time when so many Americans are struggling just to make ends meet,” Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said. “The Teamsters and our allies in the labor movement will redouble our efforts to ensure that working men and women have a voice on the job through strong unions.”

The median salary for working people represented by labor unions is $11,000 a year more than non-union people who have no right to negotiate.

“By overturning 40 years of judicial precedent, conservative judges endorsed an agenda supported by corporations and the wealthiest in our society to take away the right of public employees to negotiate over wages, benefits and working conditions,” said Michael Filler, Director of the Teamsters’ Public Services Division.
    https://teamster.org/news/2018/06/te...r-union-rights

2. Likes 222lifer, fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Teamsters Decry Supreme Court Ruling Rolling Back Public Sector Union Rights

It all goes down to the dues money and how it is used.. In the Teamsters we had a separate program called D.R.I.V.E. that you could contribute to if you so called desired.. I gave $5.00 a week for probably over ten years but stopped it when I disliked many of the politicians the the Teamsters were endorsing.. Going back a few years it seemed the Teamsters endorsed the best candidate but over time it became a Democratic fund raiser.. I stopped it about a year before I retired.. I always thought that unions were not allowed to use union dues for political causes but evidently I was wrong..

https://www.unionfacts.com/article/political-money/

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Teamsters Decry Supreme Court Ruling Rolling Back Public Sector Union Rights

I think their is far more to it than that. This starves the unions in more ways than one.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

The site "Union facts" has little to do with Union facts. It has much to do with Union busting and the powerful lobby behind it....

The Center for Union Facts (CUF) is a corporate-backed front group working to dismantle labor and teacher unions across the country, all while neatly disguised as a*resource*for workers, employees and the public. CUF is the brainchild of notorious PR man-for-hire*Richard Berman*— appropriately nicknamed Dr. Evil — and is part Berman’s network of non-profits working to advance the interests of Berman’s corporate clients.

Berman founded the group in 2006 and serves as its president and executive director. While he refuses to name CUF’s corporate backers, he claims it has received funding from companies, trade organizations and individuals. Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest employer (one known for his opposition to unions), denied giving funding to the group, but according to the Detroit Free Press, admitted in 2006 that it “has a relationship in which it exchanges union information with Berman.” In 2014, Berman*told*the Western Energy Alliance, “I get up every morning and I try to figure out how to screw with the labor unions — that’s my offense. I am just trying to figure out how I am going to reduce their brand.”

The outfit’s stated*mission*is to “educate the public on U.S. and international labor unions and their leadership.” That “education” includes negative information against the country’s largest teacher’s unions, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA). According to the group’s “Teachers Union Exposed”*website, “The Center for Union Facts has run numerous campaigns to educate Americans on the dire state of our education system thanks to teachers unions blocking reform and bargaining away quality.” In 2015, the group*published adspromoting the “Employee Rights Act.”

http://conservativetransparency.org/...r-union-facts/

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

6. Likes fedexnuno, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    The site "Union facts" has little to do with Union facts. It has much to do with Union busting and the powerful lobby behind it....

The Center for Union Facts (CUF) is a corporate-backed front group working to dismantle labor and teacher unions across the country, all while neatly disguised as a*resource*for workers, employees and the public. CUF is the brainchild of notorious PR man-for-hire*Richard Berman*— appropriately nicknamed Dr. Evil — and is part Berman’s network of non-profits working to advance the interests of Berman’s corporate clients.

Berman founded the group in 2006 and serves as its president and executive director. While he refuses to name CUF’s corporate backers, he claims it has received funding from companies, trade organizations and individuals. Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest employer (one known for his opposition to unions), denied giving funding to the group, but according to the Detroit Free Press, admitted in 2006 that it “has a relationship in which it exchanges union information with Berman.” In 2014, Berman*told*the Western Energy Alliance, “I get up every morning and I try to figure out how to screw with the labor unions — that’s my offense. I am just trying to figure out how I am going to reduce their brand.”

The outfit’s stated*mission*is to “educate the public on U.S. and international labor unions and their leadership.” That “education” includes negative information against the country’s largest teacher’s unions, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA). According to the group’s “Teachers Union Exposed”*website, “The Center for Union Facts has run numerous campaigns to educate Americans on the dire state of our education system thanks to teachers unions blocking reform and bargaining away quality.” In 2015, the group*published adspromoting the “Employee Rights Act.”

Center for Union Facts | Conservative Transparency

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    It is what the American people hear.. Unfortunately it is what the American people believe..

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

It’s pure Union Busting

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fedexnuno View Post
    It’s pure Union Busting
    Yeah I agree with you but unfortunately about 87 % of the country is non union and they didn't agree with it. It is time for the unions to go on offense and sell thier message. You remember when Hillary failed.to show up in the so called rust belt?. Yeah she lost. Today union Nationwide have a bad name and it seems it is time for them to clear the air.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

And when people believe without even finding out the facts for themselves, this is what we all get. A bunch of uneducated voters bringing in a president like Trump.

11. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    And when people believe without even finding out the facts for themselves, this is what we all get. A bunch of uneducated voters bringing in a president like Trump.
    You know what the people think about unions?? The slackers. The union protects the slackers. Lazy union people. I hear it all the time. Now I can say this. For the most part the hardest working guys I have ever worked with was my time at Newpenn Motor Freight. The so called slackers on that job were still harder working than most non union companies. Then on top of it, corruption, tohat has give unions a black eye. Hell we cannot even get different unions to work together. I remember back to the seventies when every union worked side be side.Then you take ole Bill Zollars and the corporate world look at home as a hero. He broke the back of the NMFA with the help of good ole Hoffa. Today's unions have time go back and huddle. Like the Democrats, they have to come up with a new plan..Maybe instead of giving money to politicans they should buy advertising in local papers and on social media. There are many things that now they are gonna have to do.
    Last edited by crazy; 06-28-2018 at 05:10 PM.

13. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I really don't agree with the Corruption card. There are plenty of good union people in the locals. Also, the corruption is far greater in the corporations themselves IMO.

15. Likes fedexnuno, fxstc07 Liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast