Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default A Labor Day Message from Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa

The first Monday of every September, Labor Day, is a time to honor the sacrifices of working people. It is a time to remember those who died or were injured on the job. Itís a time of solidarity and celebrating the labor movement.

This Labor Day is also a good time to reflect on the future of labor if working people donít make their voices heard during Novemberís midterm elections.

Recently, challenges facing the labor movement took on more urgency with the Supreme Courtís Janus decision. In June, the Supreme Court sided with anti-union advocates attempting to undercut the rights of public employees at a time when so many Americans are struggling to make ends meet.

But the Teamsters Union is fighting back. We are redoubling our efforts to ensure that working men and women have a voice on the job through strong unions.

The labor movement, and the Teamsters Union in particular, is alive and well and is still effecting change. This Labor Day, I hope all Americans remember that the hard work and sacrifice of working men and women make this country great.
    https://teamster.org/news/2018/08/la...-james-p-hoffa

2. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: A Labor Day Message from Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa

While Labor Day is indeed a celebration for the working man meant to highlight the achievements and sacrifices we have endured, the day doesn't hold good memories for me.

Labor Day 2002 when CF closed their doors with a curt phone call to not report for work after the holiday.

Best job I ever had.

Enjoy the day off people and remember we gained strength though solidarity and brotherhood.
    Something that is missing today.

4. Likes ABFwife, Sayheykid, fedexnuno Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    While Labor Day is indeed a celebration for the working man meant to highlight the achievements and sacrifices we have endured, the day doesn't hold good memories for me.

Labor Day 2002 when CF closed their doors with a curt phone call to not report for work after the holiday.

Best job I ever had.

Enjoy the day off people and remember we gained strength though solidarity and brotherhood.
    Something that is missing today.
    I have seen other members on this site speak of this. What a horrible, horrible slap in the face.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have seen other members on this site speak of this. What a horrible, horrible slap in the face.
    And it probably was done on purpose (Labor Day) just gotta love Corporate America......

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

I am Very Thankful to our Brothers and Sisters that’s fought for this Holiday!
    We all know the true meaning of this Holiday...but pat your self in the back too for this too, Unionizm was Involved by the Labor people of America

8. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post