Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    social justice NOW!

Local Union
    Employer
    EMERY

Exclamation We are ashamed of our flag

How many of us have Union memorabilia and are ashamed to wear it in public?
    How many of us stands silent when we hear a really despicable slur, misrepresentation or some other NEGATIVE verbal attack; on Union or union members or the political and social implications of being a contract worker or unionism as the right loves to say.

There's a great old bumper sticker that was on some very serious Christians car it's simply stated "If you were on trial for being a Christian is there enough evidence for a conviction."
    The real Beauty and eloquence by the author was that you can replace the word Christian with any important element of your life that deserves commitment and hard work; employee, husband, father, Union member, Union retiree, Union official. The answer helps to explain the current state of affairs...

So here is the question :
    If you were on trial for being a Union Member would there be enough evidence for a conviction. Or better yet do you have the courage to proclaim your guilt publicly and are you well enough informed to defend your position from attack. Because the second you make that declaration you are now a target for the Anti-Union Industry which is comprised of attorneys, hustlers’ and crooks. They stoke the fires of fear and greed in corporate leadership to invest BILLIONS of dollars to neutralize the threat. Tell me what are your thoughts?

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: We are ashamed of our flag

My thoughts ?
    Good first post. Give me some time to think about what you asked.

However, I wear many Teamster shirts and hats when I serve at my local church and while extending our good deeds to those less fortunate.
    On the other hand, I rarely go to places I might encounter those negative people and corporate lap dogs.

3. Likes 222lifer, 2631, fedexnuno, ABFwife Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Welcome to TOL LEFT.

I've proudly worn my Teamster logo apparel for years at work and off the job. There have been many "education" sessions over the years with those that have a misconception of what we're about. An open dialect with those that have been indoctrinated with anti union sentiment is always entertaining.

At times we are our own worst enemy.

I believe we should have more education on organizing for our members. Knowledge is power.

I've never been ashamed of belonging to our Union.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 10-15-2018 at 02:24 PM.

5. Likes 2631, fedexnuno, ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Welcome LEFT!

I am married to the teamster but I proudly display local 492 bumper stickers on my car and have worn t-shirts showing the same. And I have proudly walked in union marchers to our state capitol.

7. Likes 222lifer, 2631, LEFT, fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

If you were on trial for being a Union Member would there be enough evidence for a conviction. Or better yet do you have the courage to proclaim your guilt publicly and are you well enough informed to defend your position from attack. Because the second you make that declaration you are now a target for the Anti-Union Industry which is comprised of attorneys, hustlers’ and crooks. They stoke the fires of fear and greed in corporate leadership to invest BILLIONS of dollars to neutralize the threat. Tell me what are your thoughts?
    I doubt that there are any current members on this site who aren't proud past or present Teamsters. I'm not proud of the job Hoffa has done in organizing new members into the NMFA or our MEPFs. But I'll always be a proud union man. I retired to the anti union state of South Carolina. I proudly proclaim that I worked for 41 years as a Teamster truck driver and I am against any politician who supports the so called right to work laws.

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Attachment 1365

Here’s local 222 Salt Lake City Ut

Attachment 1366
    And my local 848

Attachment 1367
    And we represented local 63 here

We are the Union...Not Hoffa
    Last edited by fedexnuno; 10-16-2018 at 11:36 AM.

10. Likes 222lifer, ABFwife, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

One hell-of-a-post, LEFT. Welcome

12. Likes ABFwife, fedexnuno Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I have a Mack plant filled with UAW workers right down the street....And they where their stuff....It's normal here. And the day it ain't normal...is hopefully after they put me in the ground. I've worn mine with no problems. Time for some new ones though I must admit.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 10-18-2018 at 12:23 AM.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I doubt that there are any current members on this site who aren't proud past or present Teamsters. I'm not proud of the job Hoffa has done in organizing new members into the NMFA or our MEPFs. But I'll always be a proud union man. I retired to the anti union state of South Carolina. I proudly proclaim that I worked for 41 years as a Teamster truck driver and I am against any politician who supports the so called right to work laws.
    You're a brave man 2631......and maybe a little nutty to live there. LOL. I don't even want to ever even drive thru it.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

If corporations can declare they are people then why can't Unions do the same?...Equal right to work should also mean workers have equal representation to shareholders and management on corporate boards...The original intent of corporate charters was to form partnerships between the private sector and public sector to do the jobs needed that neither side had the resources to do alone...The fundamental purpose of forming a corporation was to 'SERVE' the public good...Charters had to go through a rigorous process of review before they were granted...That fundamental has been lost...Anybody and their brother can form a corporation today.

By the way,what are the chances of the Supreme Court to make such a ruling?...Let's face it,WE have all seen the list where the Robert's Supreme Court consistently showed that it favors the corporations over the workers and that it will agree with 'ANY' case brought before it that restricts the ability of Unions to function...We are now,in fact,to the point that it's rulings are a 'DIRECT THREAT' to the Right of Unions to Exist at all.

Is there any branch of ''OUR'' so-called Democratic Government that has not been staunchly Anti-Worker and Anti-Union for decades now?...Anti-Union is Anti-Worker is Anti-Citizen,which of course is...ANTI-DEMOCRATIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows why so many Citizens tolerate such BLATANT CORRUPTION in OUR Political Non-Representatives?

''If there is no struggle,there is no progress...Those who profess to favor freedom,and yet depreciate agitation,are men who want crops without ploughing up the ground...They want rain without thunder and lightning...They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters...This struggle may be a moral one,or it may be a physical one,or it may be both moral and physical,but it must be a struggle...Power concedes nothing without a demand...It never did and it never will.''
    Frederick Douglass

https://progressive.org/magazine/the-supremes-v-unions/

16. Likes slavenomore, 222lifer Liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast