Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next we

Originally posted by crazy View Post
    The Teamsters praised Trump for the Pipeline and reworking NAFTA to bring home the jobs then endorse a candidate that is against the pipeline and will most likely tax the corporations so much that the jobs go overseas again.. Makes sense??
    Makes no sense ,this is how they roll.Please tell me again how the Biden-Harris ticket is for the working class.

Comment

• Re: Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next we

I don't remember much praise on reworking NAFTA. The rebranding (USMCA) of a turd (NAFTA) received pushback from the Teamsters and others. Weak language with few protections for labor is what was proposed. Did Donny think that a little gold leaf would disguise that steaming pile he offered up? When it was all said and done there was quite a bit of praise heaped on the Democrats while mentioning USTR Lighthizer.

https://teamster.org/2018/05/teamste...-skinny-nafta/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300721907.html

https://teamster.org/2019/12/teamste...mproved-usmca/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301086994.html

AFL-CIO's Trumka sizes it up nicely and I agree with him.

"Speaking to NPR, Trumka said the earlier version of the USMCA that the Trump administration initially pushed was no better than NAFTA. He called it a "sham," but said it's since been fixed."

Trumka furthers his point with what we have documented for months on TOL.

"You have to look at the entire package," he said. "And we've been keeping score for three years now."

"Trumka then listed instances in which he believes Trump has failed union members. He said the president has gutted health and safety rules, packed the National Labor Relations Board with corporate lawyers, and proposed eliminating overtime pay for millions."

https://news.wjct.org/post/afl-cio-p...new-trade-deal

Biden and Harris sat down with the Teamsters. The Teamsters liked what they heard........

https://teamster.org/2020/08/teamste...rse-biden-harr

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        The Teamsters praised Trump for the Pipeline and reworking NAFTA to bring home the jobs then endorse a candidate that is against the pipeline and will most likely tax the corporations so much that the jobs go overseas again.. Makes sense??
        Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
        Makes no sense ,this is how they roll.Please tell me again how the Biden-Harris ticket is for the working class.
        I don't remember much praise on reworking NAFTA. The rebranding (USMCA) of a turd (NAFTA) received pushback from the Teamsters and others. Weak language with few protections for labor is what was proposed. Did Donny think that a little gold leaf would disguise that steaming pile he offered up? When it was all said and done there was quite a bit of praise heaped on the Democrats while mentioning USTR Lighthizer.

https://teamster.org/2018/05/teamste...-skinny-nafta/

https://www.prnewswire.com/new...fta...300721907.html

https://teamster.org/2019/12/t...uni...mproved-usmca/

https://www.prnewswire.com/new...hts...301086994.html

AFL-CIO's Trumka sizes it up nicely and I agree with him.

"Speaking to NPR, Trumka said the earlier version of the USMCA that the Trump administration initially pushed was no better than NAFTA. He called it a "sham," but said it's since been fixed."

Trumka furthers his point with what we have documented for months on TOL.

"You have to look at the entire package," he said. "And we've been keeping score for three years now."

"Trumka then listed instances in which he believes Trump has failed union members. He said the president has gutted health and safety rules, packed the National Labor Relations Board with corporate lawyers, and proposed eliminating overtime pay for millions."

https://news.wjct.org/post/afl...-ro...new-trade-deal

Biden and Harris sat down with the Teamsters. The Teamsters liked what they heard........

https://teamster.org/2020/08/teamste...rse-biden-harr

Comment

Another Union throws support to Biden.

Pipe fitting union backs Biden, despite his vow to stop the Keystone XL pipeline

"The nation’s pipe fitting and plumbing union is throwing its weight behind presumptive Democratic presidential nomineeJoe Bidenin the race for the White House, despite the former vice president’s opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline.

The endorsement from the United Association of Union Plumbers and Pipefitters — UA for short — comes as Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), are set to formally accept the Democratic nomination this week.

Mark McManus, the UA’s general president, acknowledged his union, which has 359,000 members in the United States and Canada, doesn’t see eye to eye with Biden on every issue but said the presumptive Democratic nominee is a longtime labor ally who wants to invest millions of dollars in water infrastructure projects that would employ its members."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e-xl-pipeline/

Comment

Alot of Teamsters endorse Hoffas retirement.
            Time to move on for the workers as a whole not top dog political connections....and definitely not this divisive diversity nonsense from the left. We need politicians looking out for us to get us members. Not politicians who take what we give and give it thru government to nonunion workers and illegal immigrants and who give our industries to other nations.
            We need new politics.....and not the kind the corporate media and mainline Democrats and Republicans sell.
            They all weaken us. And the Dems have done the same.
            Although the top has membership money.....it doesn't mean the membership agrees in majority. I doubt it does.
            Endorse Obama and give healthcare to everybody...dont make them hurt enough to join unions. Then he wants to fast track the TPP. Biden is into the Delaware banks.
            There was a paper hanging as to which candidates we wanted but I doubt that more than 10% even have time to read or participate. I know that I saw it too late.
            Biden will do nothing for us. Just like Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama do nothing for us. They use us for the benefit of the world's top 1% who really control them. They all BS as good as if not better than Trump.

Borders are necessary for our existence. Physical national borders. And trade borders.
            And Biden will not defend them....and Hoffa knows it.

Comment

Some people of faith have decided to endorse Biden.
              They cited a need for “moral clarity” to “restore the soul of this nation.”
              The trump cult members will ignore this, same as everything else.

Hundreds of faith leaders endorse Biden to 'restore the soul' of US
              A coalition of more than 350 faith leaders endorsed Joe Biden for president this week, citing a need for “moral clarity” to “restore the soul of this nation.”
              "Faith 2020 is raising awareness, mobilizing faith-rooted voters to get out the vote and doing our part to restore the soul of the nation," the group wrote on its website. "We’re a group of progressives, independents and conservatives seeking change."
              Faith 2020 received endorsements from faith leaders of various religions - Christian, Jewish, Sikh, Muslim and others.
              The group points to notable decreases in support from White Catholics. Currently, 37 percent of White Catholics hold favorable views of the president, down from 49 percent in 2019, according to a PRRI study.
              "Donald Trump is the only president in our history to have tear-gassed peaceful Americans and thrown a priest out of her church just so he could profane it - and a Bible - for his own cynical optics as he sought to tear our nation apart at a moment of crisis and pain. And this comes just one day after Trump's campaign abused a photo of Joe Biden praying in church to demean him, in one of the starkest expressions of weakness throughout this whole campaign."
              https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fai...-endorse-biden

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                Some people of faith have decided to endorse Biden.
                They cited a need for “moral clarity” to “restore the soul of this nation.”
                The trump cult members will ignore this, same as everything else.

Hundreds of faith leaders endorse Biden to 'restore the soul' of US

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fai...-endorse-biden
                Biden will do nothing for faith. He will take us right to where all the ones before Trump brought us.

Comment

https://www.objectivist.co/2020/08/b...93gp_NkZFjgxUE
                  The never ending train without a engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                    TEAMSTERS ENDORSE BIDEN-HARRIS

Former Vice President, Senator Have Decades-Long Record of Standing with Workers

(WASHINGTON) – The International Brotherhood of Teamsters today announced its endorsement of former Vice President Joe Biden for president and Senator Kamala Harris of California for vice president, citing their strong record of standing with working families throughout each of their careers.

The union’s General Executive Board voted unanimously Tuesday to support the candidacy of Biden and Harris. Biden has a long history of standing with unions and workers on the job site. As vice president, he helped put rules in place that made it easier to organize and expanded overtime eligibility to millions of additional workers, and he has committed to protecting workers’ hard-earned pensions. Harris has advocated for workers as Attorney General of California and as Senator and offered her own thoughtful pro-worker platform during her run for the presidency.

Biden, the presumptive Democratic Party nominee, hasproposeda bold plan to protect the interests of hardworking Americans going forward, one that prioritizes collective bargaining, worker organizing and unions. It calls for workers to be treated with dignity and receive the pay, benefits and workplace protections they deserve.

“The Teamsters have a friend in Joe Biden,” Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said. “From his very first election to the Senate until now, Vice President Biden has been on the side of working Americans supporting their right to organize, their desire for fair wages and their need for a secure retirement.”

Biden and Harris both signed the Teamsters Pledge last year promising to back the union’s priorities – pension reform, collective bargaining rights and fair trade, including related legislation. They also both sat down with the Teamsters to discuss their views on the issues. Biden also participated in the union’s candidate forum held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa last December.

https://teamster.org/2020/08/teamste...-biden-harris/

I guess we want the same treatment Obama gave us.
                    Nothing....except when we opposed the TPP...Obama not only spit in our face and went for it anyways....he wanted it fast tracked.
                    Foolish move to endorse this guy.
                    He will do nothing for us.
                    He is a puppet of the richest of the rich in the world so he can get richer.
                    And the American laborer gets nothing.
                    He'll be looking to fast track their TPP ASAP. So we can make nothing here.
                    How stupid can we be?????
                    Distribute the world junk until the robots do that too.
                    Not headed in a good direction with Biden at all.
                    Never learn.
                    Last edited by slavenomore; 09-04-2020, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Another endorsement for Biden.

National Postal Mail Handlers Union endorses Biden
                      The National Postal Mail Handlers Union endorsed Joe Biden on Wednesday, issuing a statement that noted the former vice president "has a history of supporting the United States Postal Service and postal workers."

Why it matters: NPMHU president Paul Hogrogian encouraged the union's roughly 45,000 members to back Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris, warning that postal workers have faced "direct threats on their livelihood" from the Trump administration.

What they're saying: "We saw a White House Postal Task Force that attacked postal labor, recommended taking away our collective bargaining rights and increasing the cost of our retirement benefits," Hogrogian said, referring to the Trump administration.
                      https://www.axios.com/national-posta...f43ac36b2.html

Comment

I can't believe anybody would actually support Biden, the real human being.
                        He is gone.

They may as well say they vote for the ticket of hate...because hatred drives their vote.
                        It sure isn't Biden.
                        It couldn't be.
                        Anybody from the nursing homes could play Biden's role if they can read a teleprompter written by the DNC. A whole lot of nursing home residents might read it better than Joe.

Comment

I love it! After a Frontline episode on PBS last night that was about both candidates, I feel much better about Biden being our president. Not that I EVER wanted Trump. In fact the idea upsets me beyond belief.

Cindy McCain, wife of the late GOP Sen. John McCain, endorses Joe Biden, following a report of Trump privately disparaging military
                          "My husband John lived by a code: country first," McCain wrote in a tweet Tuesday evening. "We are Republicans, yes, but Americans foremost. There's only one candidate in this race who stands up for our values as a nation, and that is Joe Biden."

McCain's support could make waves in the battleground state of Arizona, for which her husband served as a US senator, ahead of the 2020 election.

Biden initially announced McCain's upcoming endorsement during a fundraising event Tuesday, saying she is endorsing him because of Trump's alleged remarks about fallen members of the military.

Maybe I shouldn't say it, but I'm about to go on one of these Zooms with John McCain's wife, who is first time ever is endorsing me because of what he [Trump] talks about with my son and John's who are heroes — who served their country, you know — he said they're losers, they're suckers," Biden said during the fundraiser.
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp
                          Last edited by ABFwife; 09-23-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                            TEAMSTERS ENDORSE BIDEN-HARRIS

Former Vice President, Senator Have Decades-Long Record of Standing with Workers

(WASHINGTON) – The International Brotherhood of Teamsters today announced its endorsement of former Vice President Joe Biden for president and Senator Kamala Harris of California for vice president, citing their strong record of standing with working families throughout each of their careers.

The union’s General Executive Board voted unanimously Tuesday to support the candidacy of Biden and Harris. Biden has a long history of standing with unions and workers on the job site. As vice president, he helped put rules in place that made it easier to organize and expanded overtime eligibility to millions of additional workers, and he has committed to protecting workers’ hard-earned pensions. Harris has advocated for workers as Attorney General of California and as Senator and offered her own thoughtful pro-worker platform during her run for the presidency.

Biden, the presumptive Democratic Party nominee, hasproposeda bold plan to protect the interests of hardworking Americans going forward, one that prioritizes collective bargaining, worker organizing and unions. It calls for workers to be treated with dignity and receive the pay, benefits and workplace protections they deserve.

“The Teamsters have a friend in Joe Biden,” Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said. “From his very first election to the Senate until now, Vice President Biden has been on the side of working Americans supporting their right to organize, their desire for fair wages and their need for a secure retirement.”

Biden and Harris both signed the Teamsters Pledge last year promising to back the union’s priorities – pension reform, collective bargaining rights and fair trade, including related legislation. They also both sat down with the Teamsters to discuss their views on the issues. Biden also participated in the union’s candidate forum held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa last December.

https://teamster.org/2020/08/teamste...-biden-harris/

This is a joke.
                            A handful or less at our barn might vote Biden.
                            And the terminals west towards Harrisbug and northeast towards Scranton...most probably don't think much different than us. Total joke endorsing Biden/Harris.
                            Not reality in freight in these parts of PA.
                            Have a great retirement Mr. Hoffa.
                            We'd wish you'd take the endorsement back because it's not real.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                              This is a joke.
                              A handful or less at our barn might vote Biden.
                              And the terminals west towards Harrisbug and northeast towards Scranton...most probably don't think much different than us. Total joke endorsing Biden/Harris.
                              Not reality in freight in these parts of PA.
                              Have a great retirement Mr. Hoffa.
                              We'd wish you'd take the endorsement back because it's not real.
                              And lets not forget how much Trump has done for the unions, specifically the Teamsters!

Comment

Seems more people step forward each day to condemn this administration. Those with morals and character know that democracy will be eroded by the Trump cartel.

Selva among 480 former national security officials to endorse Biden
                                Retired Gen. Paul Selva, who served as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President Donald Trump, is among the more than 480 national security leaders who today announced their support for Joe Biden to become the nation’s next commander in chief.
                                The list includes five former secretaries of the Navy, two former Army secretaries, four former Air Force secretaries, two retired governors, and 106 ambassadors
                                But the name that may raise eyebrows the most is Selva, a retired four-star Air Force officer who was re-nominated by Trump to serve as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He filled the role for Trump’s first two and a half years in office and had multiple interactions with Trump during that period, which included high tensions with North Korea in 2017, strikes against Syria in 2018 and Iran’s downing of a U.S. drone in 2019.
                                The Biden endorsement letter includes signatures from over 200 retired general officers, including 22 four-star and 38 three-star officers. There are also nine retired sergeant majors and five retired command sergeant majors represented. The rest of the list is made up of civilian officials who have served in various national security roles.
                                https://www.defensenews.com/2020/09/...endorse-biden/

Comment

Working...
                                X