What is going on with ABF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with ABF?

My husband is hardly working this whole year so far. Slow season should be over by now. Two trips a week is all he gets. Any news?

Re: What is going on with ABF?

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
    My husband is hardly working this whole year so far. Slow season should be over by now. Two trips a week is all he gets. Any news?
    Is he and the other road drivers keeping track of the OTR cartage that I'm sure is coming in and out of ABQ? I see plenty of it in NJ at 352 in Avenel. Werner, Bart Nunn, Total Transportation all running our freight to and from Winston Salem, NC, and Atlanta, GA, No sign in or out sheets for them like there's supposed to be, I doubt the IBT keeps track of any i it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
      Is he and the other road drivers keeping track of the OTR cartage that I'm sure is coming in and out of ABQ? I see plenty of it in NJ at 352 in Avenel. Werner, Bart Nunn, Total Transportation all running our freight to and from Winston Salem, NC, and Atlanta, GA, No sign in or out sheets for them like there's supposed to be, I doubt the IBT keeps track of any i it.
      I have no idea but will mention it. And it seems the COO really messed things up too.

Comment

Doesn't the dock guys keep track of those loads? I heard they hired 10 NEMF guys there so they must be kind of busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
          Doesn't the dock guys keep track of those loads? I heard they hired 10 NEMF guys there so they must be kind of busy.
          You know I asked a couple of the dock men a couple of weeks ago and I pretty much got a shrug of the shoulders for a response unfortunately.

Comment

I have no idea but will mention it. And it seems the COO really messed things up too.
            What was the COO for specifically, do you know?

Comment

You know I asked a couple of the dock men a couple of weeks ago and I pretty much got a shrug of the shoulders for a response unfortunately.
              Maybe when wizard comes on he can shed some light on it.

Comment

It is just slow, but it only could get better from this day forward.

Comment

What was the COO for specifically, do you know?
                  When you ask what it was for do you mean why they did it? If that is your question I am assuming in some ridiculous way it was to save money. It affected the whole area out here in the west and southwest. That much I know. And no one is working......

Comment

When you ask what it was for do you mean why they did it? If that is your question I am assuming in some ridiculous way it was to save money. It affected the whole area out here in the west and southwest. That much I know. And no one is working......
                    Well when I look at the staffing changes per location when that COO was proposed, were relay/meet & turn type runs eliminated, and if so are there more scab truckload cartage carriers pulling freight out of ABQ since it went into effect?

Comment

Well when I look at the staffing changes per location when that COO was proposed, were relay/meet & turn type runs eliminated, and if so are there more scab truckload cartage carriers pulling freight out of ABQ since it went into effect?
                      I don't know all the ends and outs but I will say many of the in between stops were eliminated Tucumcari, NM was completely eliminated, all drivers laid off, Green river Utah which was the in between Albuquerque and SLC eliminated, Kingman, AZ eliminated and drivers now drive from Albuquerque all the way to Needles, CA now. And extra board drivers are now sent out all over the west and out 3-4 days at a time. Husband said he has not seen many outside company trucks. It looks like there is just no work.

Comment

On my way to North Lima, OH.

Comment

We have sign in and out sheets at 042 Carlisle Pa. that the dispatchers make the scumbags sign in and out on. Also we receive monthly purchase transportation reports from the BA to post so the road drivers can check for run arounds. The company has been burned on multiple occasions for dispatching purchase trans. when we have drivers available. Tell the stewards and your BA to get in the companies ass to start keeping closer watch on things.
                          Last edited by 222lifer; 06-23-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Things seem to be finally picking up and we hope it stays that way for a while. Sure isn't the same company it used to be.

Comment

The purchase transportation reports are sent to the locals from the IBT. The locals should be posting the PT reports. We (042 Carlisle Pa.) have drivers that file just about every month on a run around and get paid for it. Ask your business agents where the reports are and why they are not being posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X