Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Ken Hall Finds a Sweet Loophole in the IBT Constitution

If this is true, this just isn't right!

The IBT Constitution limits the salary of the General Secretary Treasurer (GST) to $200,000 plus a cost of living adjustment for each year in the position. Ken Hall made $218,461 in 2018 under this rule.

But Hall wasn’t satisfied. So he got his attorneys to say that he could “retire” and collect a $5,000 a month pension from the Local 175 pension plan, while continuing to serve as the local’s principal officer.

Hall used the same dodge to “retire” from the Joint Council 94 severance plan, and take home a lump sum payment of some $140,000.

Pension benefits are not reported on union financial reports, so Hall kept these retirement payments of over $200,000 secret, until a whistleblower revealed what Hall was doing.

Meanwhile, Hall has informed UPS Teamsters in Local 175 that since the pension plan is in the “red zone”, they will not get any pension increase.

Hall also gets a $60,000 housing allowance from the IBT, as does James Hoffa.
    Ken Hall Finds a Sweet Loophole in the IBT Constitution - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

2. Likes 2631, gillholey Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: Ken Hall Finds a Sweet Loophole in the IBT Constitution

Every year I have to send in a notarized form to my pension fund swearing that I'm not employed. If I don't they can stop my monthly payments. Yet Hall can supposedly retire and collect 2 Teamster pensions yet he's still work for the union. Something doesn't sound right.

4. Likes ABFwife, gillholey Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Every year I have to send in a notarized form to my pension fund swearing that I'm not employed. If I don't they can stop my monthly payments. Yet Hall can supposedly retire and collect 2 Teamster pensions yet he's still work for the union. Something doesn't sound right.
    Age based? How old is he? We have a few line drivers collecting pensions and running as many trips as they can legally log.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Age based? How old is he? We have a few line drivers collecting pensions and running as many trips as they can legally log.

I don't know his age but I'm 72 and I still have to report any work I may perform.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I don't know his age but I'm 72 and I still have to report any work I may perform.
    I'm quite curious as to just exactly what this particular "loophole" in our Teamster Constitution is.