Thread: Coronavirus

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Man oh Man,if you live long enough you'll see everything...What a disgrace,what a absolute despicable disgrace to try and spin this ''GLOBAL'' pandemic that has affected the lives of millions of people around the world with almost 100,000 deaths in the U.S. alone as a ''MANUFACTURED EVENT''...What kind of people would do this?...The kind of people who never had a wife,son,daughter,mother,father,grandparent,sister ,brother who had a ventilator shoved down their throat who could do nothing else accept wait by the telephone...The kind of people who mock the courage and dedication of our 'Frontline Healthcare Workers' who put their lives and the lives of their families on the line everyday...I got a question...Why is there close to 100,000 deaths in the U.S.?...Because of that malignant narcissistic moron in the White House and his absolute criminal negligence in dealing with the virus throughout this whole pandemic...And these questions posted are just another ''DEFLECTION'' from Trump's criminal negligence...That's ALL they are....Nothing about the deaths of thousands,nothing about the courage and dedication of thousands,NO,nothing about the ''HUMANITY'' of millions of American families affected by Covid-19....Just all ignorant BS to distract from their 'Crimes against Humanity'!!!!!

NOW.....Here's an example WHY all the Covid-19 lockdown measures....During the early stages of the pandemic in 'RURAL' Arkansas,a pastor and his wife hold services not realizing they both were positive for the virus...Keep in mind,this was one small church in a 'RURAL' area...The 2 of them INFECTED 35 members of their congregation,leading to 3 deaths...A further 26 cases and another death occurred in the community after contact with people who had been INFECTED in the church...Put that same scenario in the NYC Metropolitan area or any area with millions of people and ''BOOOOM''....You got a Global Pandemic of a VIRUS with no known ''VACCINE'' and DEATHS of Hundreds of Thousands of people WORLD-WIDE,with 4 of those people who were friends of ours...

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/arkans...ll-church-cdc/
    I hate to say it but I think when everybody goes back to work it will spread like wildfire again.
    But my disagreement with you as to "who would do something like this?".........I think somebody would. Why? IDK. But big changes can come with this. And it could be used for that. I put nothing past the people in power today...nothing at all....if they tell themselves nuking 3 quarters of the world population would be best for them, and they'd want to do it for whatever reason....I believe they would do it.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 05-21-2020 at 01:20 AM.

2. Likes crazy Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I do agree that some rules don't make sense.
    Why can I order at the screen at Wawa, but not McDonald's or other fast food places?
    Turkey Hill and Redners quick stops let you use cappuccino machines. Wawa does not.

4. Likes crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Man oh Man,if you live long enough you'll see everything...What a disgrace,what a absolute despicable disgrace to try and spin this ''GLOBAL'' pandemic that has affected the lives of millions of people around the world with almost 100,000 deaths in the U.S. alone as a ''MANUFACTURED EVENT''...What kind of people would do this?...The kind of people who never had a wife,son,daughter,mother,father,grandparent,sister ,brother who had a ventilator shoved down their throat who could do nothing else accept wait by the telephone...The kind of people who mock the courage and dedication of our 'Frontline Healthcare Workers' who put their lives and the lives of their families on the line everyday...I got a question...Why is there close to 100,000 deaths in the U.S.?...Because of that malignant narcissistic moron in the White House and his absolute criminal negligence in dealing with the virus throughout this whole pandemic...And these questions posted are just another ''DEFLECTION'' from Trump's criminal negligence...That's ALL they are....Nothing about the deaths of thousands,nothing about the courage and dedication of thousands,NO,nothing about the ''HUMANITY'' of millions of American families affected by Covid-19....Just all ignorant BS to distract from their 'Crimes against Humanity'!!!!!

NOW.....Here's an example WHY all the Covid-19 lockdown measures....During the early stages of the pandemic in 'RURAL' Arkansas,a pastor and his wife hold services not realizing they both were positive for the virus...Keep in mind,this was one small church in a 'RURAL' area...The 2 of them INFECTED 35 members of their congregation,leading to 3 deaths...A further 26 cases and another death occurred in the community after contact with people who had been INFECTED in the church...Put that same scenario in the NYC Metropolitan area or any area with millions of people and ''BOOOOM''....You got a Global Pandemic of a VIRUS with no known ''VACCINE'' and DEATHS of Hundreds of Thousands of people WORLD-WIDE,with 4 of those people who were friends of ours...

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/arkans...ll-church-cdc/
    Yeah Wizard we all have been affected by the virus.. You really got to get a life..Once again you seem to be going off the rails.. Just read the post and if you don't like then just move on to the next post.. But I see you had to get your dig in and blame Trump with your Monday morning quarterbacking,'Crimes against Humanity .. Anyone can do that.. Now since your so good at looking up facts why not look up why all other causes of death are down this year.. Others are afraid to go to their doctors out of the fear of the virus.. Cancer screenings are way down.. People are dying at home because of heart attacks because they feared going to the hospital.. And NYC had at one time if someone was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and the heart stopped they were told NOT to revive them.. So yeah this virus in one way or another has affected just about everyone..

Again Wizard,If you don't like my posts then do yourself a favor and don't read them..

6. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    I do agree that some rules don't make sense.
    Why can I order at the screen at Wawa, but not McDonald's or other fast food places?
    Turkey Hill and Redners quick stops let you use cappuccino machines. Wawa does not.
    They have used nothing but fear .. There is so much about this virus that they don't know.. Yesterday I read that the CDC is now saying that the virus doesn't last long on contaminated surfaces.. When this first started,that is where they said the virus in some cases could last up to seven days or so.. That's when the people went crazy and bought all the Clorox wipes and other brands of antiseptics.. First it was telling people that masks do more harm than good and then they do another reverse and tell everyone they have to wear a mask.. Some older people stay home because by the time they were told to wear masks they were no where to be found.. Someone posted a list of all the local {mom and Pop} businesses in eastern Pa that have closed permanently because of the virus..The list grows everyday.. Yeah the virus kills but so does the economical part of it..

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-n...nated-surfaces

8. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Funny

10. LOL 222lifer, fxstc07 LOL this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

It is somewhat depressing to hear so much news that is distressing every day. I understand how the people feel about being out of work and the economics of it all. Think back to the sacrifices every American made during WW2. Sometimes the greater good of all outweighs the inconvenience to a few folks freedoms.

Teamsters in Tucson call for closure of UPS hub after COVID-19 outbreak at facility
    Teamsters in Tucson are calling for the temporary closure of a UPS distribution facility after a COVID-19 outbreak inside the facility.
    Neither UPS nor the Arizona Department of Health Services has not disclosed the extent of the outbreak. But Teamster Local 104 members say they believe at least 36 employees at the facility have tested positive for COVID-19, including three employees that have reportedly been admitted to intensive care units. Each UPS driver delivers hundreds of cardboard-boxed packages every day, and frequently comes into close contact with members of the public.
    The New England Journal of Medicine, has confirmed that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can live on cardboard for 24 hours, according to the Teamsters' statement. Furthermore, out-of-state workers from Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah have been brought into the facility to compensate for disruptions related to the outbreak, raising concerns about the possibility of interstate spread.
    “Our members at UPS in Arizona are putting themselves and their families at risk to help the State and America get through this crisis,” said Karla Schumann, Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters Local 104. “If we expect essential workers to perform hazardous jobs and keep our society functioning, companies like UPS must provide their workers with safe workplaces.”
    Teamsters Local 104 has 9,200 members in Arizona.
    https://www.azfamily.com/news/contin...3a3afbada.html

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    It is somewhat depressing to hear so much news that is distressing every day. I understand how the people feel about being out of work and the economics of it all. Think back to the sacrifices every American made during WW2. Sometimes the greater good of all outweighs the inconvenience to a few folks freedoms.

Teamsters in Tucson call for closure of UPS hub after COVID-19 outbreak at facility

https://www.azfamily.com/news/contin...3a3afbada.html
    When we call for safety on this, I'm sure UPS will be working the automation in......robots, automated trucks, drones.
    And seems some asked for it.....
    That's gonna be the answer.
    I get what the Teamsters there want and need.
    But I'm pretty sure we head to the answer I said.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Interesting article on our front line workers and their value. Maybe I should say "under value?"

Essential’ workers are just forced laborers

"For nurses, grocery clerks and transportation workers, quitting is not an option right now. The irony is that while these workers are — in the word of the moment — “essential” to consumers and employers, they have zero leverage in the workplace. That’s because thecoronaviruspandemic has destroyed almost all the alternative jobs. There’s nowhere to go.

The situation is so stark that we can ask whether extreme economic circumstances have turned the workers we call heroes into something closer to forced labor. If so, that realization ought to shape our public policies: A just society owes much more than minimal pay and a few plexiglass shields to the citizens — and noncitizens — it compels into service.

Economics 101 suggests that when unemployment is low, workers ought to be able to bargain for higher wages, or bring about change in an unsafe workplace, by threatening to quit and work elsewhere. That’s always been less true than free-market purists believe. Whether because of geography (an employer is the only game in town), or because workers find job searches to be a logistical or economic challenge (or feel emotionally attached to their work), employers often have the whip hand in setting wages and working conditions. From the point of view of an employer, market wages are more like a suggestion than an imperative; from the point of view of a worker, jobs as good as the one you have are few and far between."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...-unemployment/

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

14. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The UAW has asked Ford to close the Dearborn plant over coronavirus concerns.
    This is a large plant with 4000 employees. Contained in the article is the list of demands made by the union to protect the workers.

Union demands Ford close Dearborn plant, test all workers for COVID-19
    The local union that represents workers at Ford Motor Co.'s Dearborn Truck Plant is asking the automaker to shut down the assembly line until all plant workers are tested for the coronavirus.
    The union also is asking for additional break time at the plant that builds the best-selling F-150 pickup.
    Finally, it wants Ford to do a 24-hour shutdown each time after a worker tests positive for coronavirus for a thorough plant cleaning,
    The demands are part of a grievance filed Tuesday by UAW Local 600 against the company, said Gary Walkowicz, bargain committeeman at Dearborn Truck Plant.
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...19/5247496002/

16. Likes 222lifer, ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The article is a week old. This is prime farm season in south Jersey. Many farms have been busy for the last 6 weeks planting and harvesting early crops. Without our immigrant labor we wouldn't be getting all the produce we enjoy here.
    I think a few people would be surprised how many farms, and how large they are, that we have in south Jersey.

More Migrant Workers Test Positive for COVID-19, This Time in Gloucester County
    More than 50 migrant workers at a large produce farm in Gloucester County have tested positive for COVID-19, adding to the 59 who tested positive earlier this month in Salem County.

The workers in South Harrison Township were tested last week as part of the state Department of Health’s campaign to test all migrant workers in South Jersey. Township Mayor Joseph M. Marino said all of the workers who tested positive have been quarantined off-site. Two are mildly symptomatic and are being monitored, he said. The 50-plus represent less than half of the farm’s workforce.

Each year some 20,000 to 25,000 seasonal workers come to South Jersey to harvest produce and fruit. They sleep in cramped dormitories and dine in tight cafeterias. Some work shoulder to shoulder in packing houses. State Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli announced earlier this month that the state has partnered with four federally qualified health centers to perform voluntary tests on all migrant laborers.
    https://www.njspotlight.com/2020/05/...cester-county/

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast