• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
    Maybe this will change some of the non believers minds about masks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...zXo?li=BBnb7Kz
    A group of people that are "inconvenienced" by wearing a mask and social distancing with result in the death of many. The spread will not be reduced until selfishness is put aside. When vanity overrides common sense, we have no hope of defeating the virus.......The great depression, WWII. Sacrifice is the word. Americans today don't know what that is. Leadership? We are Old Mother Hubbard in that respect.....

Comment

I'm out every day since the start due to work.. Our job doesn't cut back hours and we have constantly been around people due to work.
      I have gone on a headboat. And went to a lake yesterday. My life isn't just going to be work. And pur job gets me home at dark or after every day. Most times. Almost all the time we stay home. Nothing is really open.
      And everywhere is a ghost town. Not many are out.
      We couldn't get a room where we wanted due to a wedding party. We drove home.
      Are they home due to the virus.
      Or home due to no money.
      We don't like to go to crowded places anyways.
      When we do go it is nice. No traffic. No crowds. If I get cash together and can sell this house I'll be looking for places which don't have the crowds and traffic. I'm sick of people. The traffic and crowds are like it was 50 years ago. I like it. Progress sucks.
      But I see Sanders and Biden have decided to put public housing in all rural and suburban areas. Who wants it? Not me. They want it to bust up the vote.
      We went to eat inside a restaurant yesterday for the first time in months. Rural vacation area. We wore our masks in....then everybody put them on. They didn't have them on till they saw ours. Place was very empty at a time when it is probably standing room only. Saturday night in July.
      Very strange times. Another world.
      Last edited by slavenomore; 07-12-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

We mostly shop at Publix, Food Lion, Lowes Foods and Piggly Wiggly. They are more expensive that Walmart. Yesterday I made the mistake of going to Walmart for a couple of items. The place was a zoo. Filled with incoming vacationers stocking up for the week. I couldn't believe the number of people without masks Families with little kids rolling around on the floor. Myrtle Beach is a COVID hot spot. Many of those people will be going back and spreading the virus in their home towns.

Many of us feared that things were opening back up way too soon. But the republicanfelt the economy and businesses are more important. The spring Harley bike week was postponed and they are having it here starting tomorrow. Things will get much worse before it even levels off before it starts to get any better

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
          We mostly shop at Publix, Food Lion, Lowes Foods and Piggly Wiggly. They are more expensive that Walmart. Yesterday I made the mistake of going to Walmart for a couple of items. The place was a zoo. Filled with incoming vacationers stocking up for the week. I couldn't believe the number of people without masks Families with little kids rolling around on the floor. Myrtle Beach is a COVID hot spot. Many of those people will be going back and spreading the virus in their home towns.

Many of us feared that things were opening back up way too soon. But the republicanfelt the economy and businesses are more important. The spring Harley bike week was postponed and they are having it here starting tomorrow. Things will get much worse before it even levels off before it starts to get any better
          I hear you 2631. We have local markets that would make you feel safe and comfortable. They employ someone to sit at the door to turn folks away if for some reason they won't comply with the store's rules. I will give them a plug on our site while I'm at it. The store name is Harmons and they are locally owned and operated with several locations across the valley. Incredible selection and the epitome of cleanliness. Our local farmers and business make up a portion of the offerings. If you are ever out this way give them a look. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

This could get interesting..

. Hong Kong virologist claiming coronavirus cover-up tells 'Bill Hemmer Reports': 'We don't have much time

https://www.foxnews.com/media/li-men...avirus-coverup

. A Hong Kong virologist who fled to the U.S. earlier this year told "Bill Hemmer Reports" in an exclusive interview Monday that that lives could have been saved if the Chinese government hadn't censored her work.

"This is a huge pandemic we have seen in the world," Yan Li-Meng told host Bill Hemmer. "It's more than anything we've known in human history. So, the timing is very, very important. If we can stop it early, we can save lives."

Yan exclusively told Fox News Digital last week that she believes the Chinese government knew about the novel coronavirus well before acknowledging the outbreak publicly. She also claimed her supervisors, renowned as some of the top experts in the field, ignored research she was doing at the onset of the pandemic that she believes could have saved lives.

"I have to hide because I know how they treat whistleblowers, and as a whistleblower here I want to tell the truth of COVID-19 and the origin of the SARS-2 COVID virus," Yan told Fox News Digital.

Comment

Remember this statement ?
              On February 26, President Trump boasted that the coronavirus was about to disappear altogether from the United States. “You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero,” he insisted. “Well, it will go down to zero, ultimately,” he said.

Five months later, we have 3.5 million infected people and over a 138,000 deaths.
              Great job Mr. President !

U.S. shatters coronavirus record with over 77,000 cases in a day
              The United States shattered its daily record for coronavirus infections on Thursday, reporting more than 77,000 new cases as the number of deaths in a 24-hour period rose by nearly 1,000, according to a Reuters tally.
              The loss of 969 lives was the biggest increase since June 10, with Florida, South Carolina and Texas all reporting their biggest one-day spikes on Thursday.
              More than 138,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, a toll that experts warn will likely surge following recent record spikes in case numbers and an alarming rise in hospitalizations in many states.
              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24I014

Comment

There has been so much disinformation about this virus since it first appeared ..

Regarding the Wuhan virus, if you think you're being lied to, you're right

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...xGbzpWtoBM.sms

Ever since the Wuhan virus appeared on the scene, Americans have been bombarded with information, misinformation, re-information, and disinformation. In the beginning, this information soup was understandable, given that the virus was new. For that reason, many communities agreed to be shut down for a couple of weeks "to flatten the curve."

Since those murky beginnings, though, we've learned a lot about the virus, including how to treat it and how to protect the elderly, making it significantly less lethal. Still, politicians — usually Democrats — are using the virus as an excuse to achieve non-virus goals. For example, they're pushing for more government handouts and dependency, a weakened economy favorable to Biden, mail-in voting, and limited religious worship. And even as they lock people in their homes and shut down businesses, they encourage mass protests and riots that also achieve pro-Democrat party political goals.

Currently, the primary way Democrats are manipulating people is by pointing to an increase in the number of virus cases and deaths. None, they say, is due to the protests and riots. All, they insist, are due to opening locked down states too soon. Even worse than that, they claim, is the Petri-dish horror of Republican states that refused to lockdown in the first place.

Comment

Even the military is having a higher infection rate.
                  Meanwhile, the right attempts to mislead, blame others and claim the virus "harmless". Why divert attention claiming your being lied to ? What difference does it make now that the virus the President claimed would just "disappear" has ravaged our country, unlike any other country.

More than 20,000 troops have contracted COVID-19, as numbers continue to rise
                  Coronavirus cases are up more than 20 percent in service members this week, to 20,212, as the military’s battle against the pandemic continues to mirror the challenges civilian leaders are facing across the country.
                  Defense officials have pointed to local spikes in states like California, Arizona, Texas, Georgia and Florida, all home to multiple military installations, as a possible reason for the increase. After numbers of new cases stabilized in May, the Defense Department has seen a steady increase going back to June, when “re-opening” plans began to roll out across the U.S.
                  The infection rate in the services has risen to 0.9 percent, more than twice what it was in April, the month that had until now shown the biggest surges. The infection rate among U.S. residents passed 1 percent this week, bringing troops to nearly on par with the general population, where they had been seeing roughly half the general infection rate during the spring.
                  Of those infected, three have died, 425 have been hospitalized and 8,421 have recovered, leaving 11,791 active cases.
                  Across the department, 29,047 affiliated personnel have been diagnosed, which includes dependents, civilians and contractors. That figure rose by 22 percent this week.
                  https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...tinue-to-rise/

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                    Even the military is having a higher infection rate.
                    Meanwhile, the right attempts to mislead, blame others and claim the virus "harmless". Why divert attention claiming your being lied to ? What difference does it make now that the virus the President claimed would just "disappear" has ravaged our country, unlike any other country.

More than 20,000 troops have contracted COVID-19, as numbers continue to rise

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...tinue-to-rise/
                    Just when has the so called right called the virus "Harmless"?? And as far as any other country?? Guess you didn't read the link I posted above.. It showed you charts...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      Just when has the so called right called the virus "Harmless"?? And as far as any other country?? Guess you didn't read the link I posted above.. It showed you charts...
                      Where I live the right is saying this is not even a danger, no worse than the flu and that our communist governor is the problem. It's all over fb and just about every store I go in, there are numerous people not wearing their masks.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
                        Where I live the right is saying this is not even a danger, no worse than the flu and that our communist governor is the problem. It's all over fb and just about every store I go in, there are numerous people not wearing their masks.
                        If you feel comfortable wear a mask.. There are many if not most of the big box stores are now making it mandatory to wear masks in their stores.. Last week when I took my wife to local supermarket as me I get to sit in the parking lot because they ask that only one family member go into the store.. Right across from me an old guy gets out of his car and starts walking towards the store and he sneezes quite a few times and then realizes he didn't have his mask with him.. Walks back to his car and reaches in for his mask,wipes his hands on the mask ,puts in on and walks into the store.. I was wondering just how many items he touched and put back on the shelves..Wearing a mask reduces the chance of you getting the virus.. But if you touch something on the shelves that is infected and don't wash your hands immediately there is a very good chance you get it.. Mask or no mask?? Depends on what doctors you listen to.. Reluctantly I wear them if I go out and we keep hand sanitizer and wipes in the truck at all times.. Maybe just maybe this will knock down the cases of the flu also..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                          If you feel comfortable wear a mask.. There are many if not most of the big box stores are now making it mandatory to wear masks in their stores.. Last week when I took my wife to local supermarket as me I get to sit in the parking lot because they ask that only one family member go into the store.. Right across from me an old guy gets out of his car and starts walking towards the store and he sneezes quite a few times and then realizes he didn't have his mask with him.. Walks back to his car and reaches in for his mask,wipes his hands on the mask ,puts in on and walks into the store.. I was wondering just how many items he touched and put back on the shelves..Wearing a mask reduces the chance of you getting the virus.. But if you touch something on the shelves that is infected and don't wash your hands immediately there is a very good chance you get it.. Mask or no mask?? Depends on what doctors you listen to.. Reluctantly I wear them if I go out and we keep hand sanitizer and wipes in the truck at all times.. Maybe just maybe this will knock down the cases of the flu also..
                          Been wearing a mask for four months now crazy. I am talking about the ones that don't. Read my post. This is not about me and my mask. This about the ones refusing to wear a mask because of their "constitutional rights" and so far everyone I have met that refuses to wear one admits to being a Trump supporter. It was a huge problem where I worked and as I have mentioned many times, the reason I felt I had no choice but to leave my job. They were not following DOH mandates and were not following governor mandates. Is that really ok because you support Trump????

Comment

Many have relied on the famous Dr Fauci during this pandemic.. I did but not so sure any more.. He has made a lot of mistakes and its kinda like learning on the fly.. Here is an article about an interview he did with PBS yesterday.. He actually thinks NY did a great job handling the Chinese Coronavirus.. Maybe he missed the memos about over 32000 deaths and Governor Cuomo putting Covid 19 positive patients into nursing homes at the same time he had the Jacob Javits center set up as a hospital practicably empty.. That went over big.. And other governors did the same with the same outcome..

Now We Have Proof Dr. Fauci Is Full of Crap and Can't Be Trusted

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...rusted-n661149

According to a recent poll, two-thirds of voters trust Dr. Anthony Fauci, not President Trump, when it comes to information on the coronavirus.

Well, if you think you can trust Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, you now have every reason to question his judgment. In an interview with PBS NewsHour, Dr. Fauci, the trusted expert, actually lauded New York’s response to the coronavirus.

“We know that, when you do it properly, you bring down those cases. We have done it. We have done it in New York,” he told PBS’s Judy Woodruff. “New York got hit worse than any place in the world. And they did it correctly.”

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
                              Been wearing a mask for four months now crazy. I am talking about the ones that don't. Read my post. This is not about me and my mask. This about the ones refusing to wear a mask because of their "constitutional rights" and so far everyone I have met that refuses to wear one admits to being a Trump supporter. It was a huge problem where I worked and as I have mentioned many times, the reason I felt I had no choice but to leave my job. They were not following DOH mandates and were not following governor mandates. Is that really ok because you support Trump????
                              I did read your post.. If you see someone that is not wearing a mask then stay away from them or as they say social distance yourself from them.. we have been here under mask requirements for months now but then again we are close to NYC.. And I do know a couple of so called liberals that don't wear masks so one cannot assume they are all Trump supporters.. I support Trump and I wear a mask.. Nothing to do with politics but more about the science and all the misinformation we were given from the beginning..

Comment

Another Covid death questioned by a local TV station in Florida.. sadly the man died in a motorcycle accident..

Florida man in his 20s listed among COVID-19 fatalities — but health officer says he died in motorcycle crash

https://www.theblaze.com/news/florid...t%20270%20days

But you can actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash'

While Florida listed a man in his 20s as among the state's COVID-19 fatalities, a county health officer told WOFL-TV that the man died in a motorcycle crash.
                                The station was looking into records that showed two individuals in their 20s as coronavirus fatalities and asked Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino if either person had any underlying conditions.
                                Pino's on-camera reply to WOFL?
                                "The first one didn't have any. He died in a motorcycle accident," he said.
                                The station then asked Pino if the man's data was removed.
                                "I don't think so. I have to double-check," Pino replied to WOFL. "We were arguing, we were discussing, and trying to argue with the state. Not because of the numbers — I mean, it's a hundred; it [doesn't] make any difference if it's 99. But ... the fact that the individual ... didn't die from COVID-19, died in [the] crash. But you can actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. So I don't know the conclusion of that one."

Comment

Working...
                                X