House to Vote on Bill Forcing Non-Union Members to Pay Union Dues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House to Vote on Bill Forcing Non-Union Members to Pay Union Dues

I'm not on this site now as much as I used to be so some things get passed me. I don't know if this has already been posted but it is a big deal for sure.

WASHINGTON—The U.S. House of Representatives will vote this week on a sweeping bill backed by organized labor that would reverse so-called right-to-work laws in 27 states and require non-union workers in unionized professions to pay union dues as a condition of employment.

Labor-related issues have been receiving attention lately as Democratic presidential candidates jockeying for support in primary season join striking workers on picket lines.

Democratic lawmakers say the legislation, which is fiercely opposed by business groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is needed to help workers.

Mark Mix, president of the National Right to Work Committee, which is headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, denounced the measure, which he described as “horrific.”

“It is Big Labor’s wish list going back to 1958,” Mix told The Epoch Times.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-...s_3227462.html

Re: House to Vote on Bill Forcing Non-Union Members to Pay Union Dues

I know one thing. In 1958, America's middle class was a shining star in the economic world.
    “It is Big Labor’s wish list going back to 1958,” Mix told The Epoch Times.
    Right to work is nothing more then a corporate saying for "right to work for less" !

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
      I know one thing. In 1958, America's middle class was a shining star in the economic world.

Right to work is nothing more then a corporate saying for "right to work for less" !
      And look how our country has deteriorated along with the middle class. It all goes hand in hand.

Comment

Union leaders laud House passage of PRO Act, Trump veto threatened
        WASHINGTON—Union leaders lauded the U.S. House’s 224-194 passage of the Protect The Right To Organize (PRO) Act, the most comprehensive pro-worker labor law reform in decades. But top aides to anti-worker GOP President Donald Trump strongly recommended he veto it.

The legislation would make it easier to organize workers nationwide and would undo most of the business-erected barriers, roadblocks and outright labor law-breaking erected since the original National Labor Relations Act of 1935.

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka called it “long overdue” because U.S. labor law has been so emasculated that it’s “no longer an effective means for working people to have our voices heard.” Instead, workers’ rights have “been trampled on for decades by union-busting consultants and anti-worker politicians.”

The legislation, HR2474, “will ensure a process for reaching a first contract once a union is recognized, prevent the misclassification of employees, protect the right to strike and so much else,” he added. “A happier, healthier and upwardly mobile workforce will help reverse the inequality of income, opportunity and power that is threatening our families, our communities and our democracy.
        https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...to-threatened/

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
          Union leaders laud House passage of PRO Act, Trump veto threatened

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...to-threatened/
          Wouldn't expect anything less from our anti-labor President.

Comment

Working...
          X