Moscow Mitch !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moscow Mitch !

Someone asked ... "And Maybe you should start a thread on McConell. You know the one you labeled Moscow Mitch."
    So I decided this will be a good start to understand how Moscow Mitch got his name.
    I'm sure the residents of Kentucky are tired of hearing about this aluminum manufacturing plant. It's been in their news for years now. Kind of reminds me of the Foxconn debacle. Lot's of sparkling headlines with very little of substance for the residents.
    I'll start off with this older article. It's long, but very interesting.

A Kremlin-Linked Firm Invested Millions in Kentucky. Were They After More Than Money?
    Last summer, it looked like things were finally about to change for Ashland, Ky. For two decades, the jobs that once supported this Appalachian outpost of 20,000 people on a bend in the Ohio River have been disappearing: 100 laid off from the freight-rail maintenance shop; dozens pink-slipped at the oil refinery; 1,100 axed at the steel mill that looms over the landscape. Then, on June 1, 2018, standing on a stage flanked by the state’s governor and business leaders, Craig Bouchard, the CEO of Braidy Industries, pointed across a vast green field and described a vision as though he could already see it.
    There was just one problem: Bouchard still needed a major investor to make the vision a reality. After months of searching, the only option was problematic. Rusal, the Russian aluminum giant, was tailor-made to join forces on the project. But it was under sanctions imposed by the U.S. Treasury Department. Its billionaire owner, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s, was being investigated by special counsel Robert Mueller for his potential involvement in the effort to swing the 2016 presidential election.
    To free itself from sanctions, Rusal fielded a team of high-paid lobbyists for an intense, months-long effort in Washington. One of the targets was Kentucky’s own Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, who helped thwart a bipartisan push to keep the sanctions in place. Since May, two of McConnell’s former staffers have lobbied Congress on behalf of Braidy, according to filings. Ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, one of Rusal’s longtime major shareholders, Len Blavatnik, contributed more than $1 million through his companies to a GOP campaign fund tied to McConnell.
    As a follow up to the story, Braidy Industries has removed the CEO, Craig Bouchard as of Jan. 31, 2020.

They "broke ground" on the construction June 1, 2018. As of today there is nothing there, except an open piece of land.
    Sounds a little like the Foxconn hype in Wisconsin. All talk, no action.

There is also the claim this plant will produce 600 full time jobs. When ? Foxconn again comes to mind.

https://time.com/5651345/rusal-inves...aidy-kentucky/

Re: Moscow Mitch !

More senate bills blocked and these concern election security.
    I guess that isn't of importance even while some the elections were influenced by the Russians.

Moscow Mitch And The Senate GOP Block Three More Election Security Bills
    Nine months until the presidential election, Republicans in the Moscow Mitch McConnell-led Senate blocked three more election security bills meant to secure American democracy.
    According to The Hill, “Democrats tried to get consent to pass two bills that require campaigns to alert the FBI and Federal Election Commission (FEC) about foreign offers of assistance, as well as legislation to provide more election funding and ban voting machines from being connected to the internet.”

All it took was one Republican senator – Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) – to block the measures since “any one senator can object and block” unanimous consent requests under Senate rules.
    https://www.politicususa.com/2020/02...ity-bills.html

Comment

I don't want to jump the past history of Moscow Mitch but it's today that pisses me off. There are hundreds of bills which the house passed that Moscow Mitch has stalled. He won't even send them to committee. Of course one is our pension bill. He won't move it but he did sneak into law a pension relief bill for the coal miners. He is up for reelection and needs their votes. He's a republican whore feeding at the government trough along with his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
        I don't want to jump the past history of Moscow Mitch but it's today that pisses me off. There are hundreds of bills which the house passed that Moscow Mitch has stalled. He won't even send them to committee. Of course one is our pension bill. He won't move it but he did sneak into law a pension relief bill for the coal miners. He is up for reelection and needs their votes. He's a republican whore feeding at the government trough along with his wife.
        Totally agree, but we should all realize they all{both sides} feed at the same trough.

Comment

More background information on Moscow Mitch.
          As seen from the eyes of a journalist in Kentucky.

How to speak Russian to Sen. Mitch McConnell
          The evidence continues to pile up suggesting that our senior Kentucky senator is a Russian sympathizer working for the greater interests of autocratic Vladimir Putin and his Russian henchmen.
          First, ‘Moscow Mitch’ refused to bring to the Senate a bill that would have tightened election security to block Russian manipulation of voting in the 2020 presidential election. Then, the mass media reported our long-time Senate leader had prevented congressional efforts from continuing economic sanctions against Russia. Coupled with this move, a Russian aluminum company backed by an influential Russian oligarch benefited from the lifting the sanction apparently rewarded Senator McConnell by making a major investment in an aluminum mill project developed by Braidy Industries near Ashland.
          Note that he, like many Republicans, no longer worries about the national debt or the yearly deficit, even spearheading a tax cut that overwhelmingly went to America’s wealthiest families and corporations. Looking below the surface, could such an action better be understood as working to further income and wealth inequality and promoting class warfare and revolution in the country?
          https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-...234973552.html

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
            Totally agree, but we should all realize they all{both sides} feed at the same trough.
            I never realized Moscow Mitch allowed anyone but Republicans to belly up to that massive buffet he's put out. Would that be considered a "Chao" down?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Moscow Mitch is the Grim Reaper to this country!
              The Traitor to America!
              So when you see him someday, you can thank him and Trump and pad them in the back

Comment

Here is another story that lays out the timelines for Moscow Mitch and his Russian oligarch friends, and their connections. When a Russian oligarch contributes to a Senate leadership fund backed by Moscow Mitch, it casts a darkness on the whole system.

RPT Released New Video and Timeline Questioning Moscow Mitch’s Motives
                Following recent stories outlining the links between Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and various Russian oligarchs, Restore Public Trust released a new video that breaks down the links and questions McConnell’s motives for voting against election laws that could help protect our country from Russian interference.
                “The American people deserve to know if McConnell’s motive to vote against keeping our elections safe was influenced by billions of dollars in campaign donations and projects that would help him get re-elected. Congress must investigate McConnell’s motives to vote against election laws that could keep out Russian interference. Our nation’s autonomy is at risk.”

Timeline of Russia/McConnell Ties (That we know of)

2016-2017: Russian Oligarch and Rusal investor Len Blavatnik contributed $3.5 million to McConnell-linked Senate Leadership Fund.
                The full timeline continues in the link.

https://restorepublictrust.org/rpt-r...itchs-motives/

Comment

I can say I am no fan of McConnell. Last night he was on TV and when asked if he would nominate a Supreme Court Justice if a vacancy opened and he said yes even though he blocked Obama's pick in 2016. Sadly both sides do this crap. Seems all he is doing is getting judges appointed.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                    I can say I am no fan of McConnell. Last night he was on TV and when asked if he would nominate a Supreme Court Justice if a vacancy opened and he said yes even though he blocked Obama's pick in 2016. Sadly both sides do this crap. Seems all he is doing is getting judges appointed.
                    Was that the one with Bret Baier when he said he wouldn't move most of the democrat house bills? He's a partisan hack. Poor McConnell and wife their net worth is only $24 million

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                      Was that the one with Bret Baier when he said he wouldn't move most of the democrat house bills? He's a partisan hack. Poor McConnell and wife their net worth is only $24 million
                      Yeah. He did say all the bills were partisan .. That is a lie as I know that the pension bill is bipartisan .. I would imagine there are a few that are bipartisan.. Well at least I know the pension bill is in committee . Where it goes from there is still a mystery. My senator sent me an email stating that indeed it needs fixing but rambled on about this was not the answer. But to his credit Toomey does respond. Just not what I want to hear. Casey hasn't responded yet.

Comment

Good ole boy Moscow Mitch, AKA the "Grim Reaper" has admitted he has 395 bills sitting on his desk.
                        Whats all this about the party that doesn't do anything ?
                        Wouldn't it be nice to have a complete list of all the 395 bills and allow everyone to see what lay in the abyss ?

'GRIM REAPER' MITCH MCCONNELL ADMITS THERE ARE 395 HOUSE BILLS SITTING IN THE SENATE: 'WE'RE NOT GOING TO PASS THOSE'
                        During a television interview, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that 395 bills sitting in the Senate are not going to be passed. On Fox News Friday, anchor Bret Baier asked McConnell if Democrats' statements about those bills were true and whether they could move forward. McConnell confirmed that it was the case, but also said that proposed legislation would be rejected.
                        "It is true," the senator said. "They've been on full left-wing parade over there, trotting out all of their left-wing solutions that are going to be issues in the fall campaign. They're right. We're not going to pass those."
                        https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mccon...Yg7euWs2vpVuoA

Comment

Pay careful attention to just one thing ole Moscow Mitch said.
                          Instead of helping the individual states, he said they might explore the bankruptcy route.
                          Because if they are bailed out ( like big insurance, big business and big banks where ) they might use the money to bail out state pensions.
                          Pensions ?
                          Now we know he doesn't care if anyone gets their contracted pensions ... except for a few Kentucky coal miners.

McConnell says he favors state bankruptcy over more federal aid
                          U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday opened the door to allowing U.S. states to file for bankruptcy to deal with economic losses stemming from the coronavirus outbreak that are punching big holes in their budgets.
                          McConnell said in a radio interview that Republicans would not support giving state and local governments more money in future coronavirus aid legislation, saying those funds could end up being used to bail out state pensions.
                          In a letter to Congressional leaders, the National Governors Association on Tuesday reiterated its call for an additional $500 billion to replace revenue lost by the states. The $2.3 trillion federal CARES Act allocated $150 billion to states and local governments exclusively to cover virus-related expenses.
                          https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2242U7

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                            Pay careful attention to just one thing ole Moscow Mitch said.
                            Instead of helping the individual states, he said they might explore the bankruptcy route.
                            Because if they are bailed out ( like big insurance, big business and big banks where ) they might use the money to bail out state pensions.
                            Pensions ?
                            Now we know he doesn't care if anyone gets their contracted pensions ... except for a few Kentucky coal miners.

McConnell says he favors state bankruptcy over more federal aid

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2242U7
                            Thanks for the find but there isn't much to like about this........

Comment

McConnell was much less concerned about the budget deficit just a short while ago when he pushed through a $4.5 Trillion dollar bailout to Corporations and Wall St...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...es-independent

The likes of Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi don't care about deficits and the national debt when it comes to funneling money to rich 1% and Corporations...But when it comes to helping the Working Class,the poor or the states,''THEN'' debt is a serious problem...This has been their game for DECADES...

Their Hypocrisy and Corruption knows no bounds...And in the McConnell/Pelosi SYNDICATE,it is ALL out in the OPEN...They just give their middle finger to the Working Class!!!!!!....Kudos to Andrew Cuomo for calling out McConnell and his OBVIOUS BS partisan politics Hypocrisy!!!!

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/mcc...ys-dependency/

Comment

Working...
                              X