No seniority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No seniority

My company lost the contract for thr facility I was at. I was offered the opportunity to transfer to an other location. Even though It is the same company and same union I've been told that I have to start all over at the bottom of the roster because it is another CBA. Was anyone else had to do this? Does this make any sense.

Re: No seniority

Is because you’re transferring, if it was a change of operation by the Company, then you keep your seniority

Comment

What do you mean by change of operation?

Comment

Change of Operation is where they move work from your barn to another barn and employees follow the work by seniority and keep their seniority.
        Now if you choose to transfer to another barn, then you lose your seniority for Bids but you hold your seniority for vacation and lay-off if it’s on your CBA

Comment

In the NMFA this is covered. Certain criteria must be met and if someone is able to transfer to another location they go to the bottom of the list at that location. Then they have a separate a "company" and "terminal" seniority date. They don't loose any earned vacation or anything that goes along with years of service. They just go behind people at the location they go to. If I'm explaining it so you can understand me. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cranester66 View Post
            My company lost the contract for thr facility I was at. I was offered the opportunity to transfer to an other location. Even though It is the same company and same union I've been told that I have to start all over at the bottom of the roster because it is another CBA. Was anyone else had to do this? Does this make any sense.
            Call your Business Agent ASAP.

Comment

Judging from your user name, you likely were, or worked with a crane operating company. If they lost the contract, as you stated, and they offered you a transfer to another facility, then I think yes, you fall to the bottom of that facility's seniority list. But as others have said, you keep your company seniority for all other things.
              Your profile also says your under the "rail" division. I assume you work at a rail yard switching containers, etc.
              I believe you could ask for a copy of your contract from the local. That would answer your question also.

Comment

Since I'm still a teamster in good standing is it also standard the I have to repeat my probation period?

Comment

Since I'm still a teamster in good standing is it also standard the I have to repeat my probation period?
                  That also depends on the contract. If your moving to different company that is represented by the union, and a different contract, then you may need to do a probationary period.
                  The union may request another company hire you, but you still must follow that companies guidelines for new hires.

Comment

It's the same company just a different yard

Comment

It's the same company just a different yard
                      I agree with the others . You would fall to the bottom of the work list but maintain seniority with the company as far as your benefits like vacation and sicktime. Again check with your business agent.. Every local has different rules..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                        I agree with the others . You would fall to the bottom of the work list but maintain seniority with the company as far as your benefits like vacation and sicktime. Again check with your business agent.. Every local has different rules..
                        I agree also, but still check with your Business agent.

Comment

Working...
                        X