Lets talk YRC 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets talk YRC 2020

Did YRC ever make any money ???.I remember before the Roadway buy ,they had the salesman running around to every customer and talking customers into sweeping their docks and taking all the freight ,long and short haul, giving huge discounts ,and this was going to put everybody else out of business. I think it lasted about a month, their drivers delivering hot overnight freight 4 or 5 days late, and destroyed.I think they lost more accounts than they gained, evidently they have had the same morons trying to run the company and screwing up New Penn and Holland .Are their stockholders that dumber do they double as YRC executives.

Comment

I remember when YRC was trying to get into the overnight business and came in and undercut New Penns customers by about 15%.. Never saw the logic in it as New Penn wound up keeping the Frieght but only with the added discount. Then one wonders why they can't make money..
      Last edited by crazy; 02-26-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        I remember when YRC was trying to get into the overnight business and came in and undercut New Penns customers by about 15%.. Never saw the logic in it as New Penn wound up keeping the Frieght but only with the added discount. Then one wonders why they can't make money..
        Yellow was undercutting Roadway and vise versa when Yellow Worldwide first purchased them. The difference in price was ridiculous. We all scratched our heads on that one.

When we sat down with the company to negotiate our local work rules, we were surprised how few bids the company was proposing. We were wanting to add bids and the company was cutting. They had that plan to reduce the workforce by half long before the merger.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't even remember the date that they were merged. So much has happened it hard to remember. I think the merger was in 2009.

Comment

In December 2003 Yellow Corp. acquired Roadway Corp. for $1.05 billion, forming Yellow Roadway Corporation.[4][5] The merger left Roadway as the surviving entity, with more than double its revenue prior to the merger; Yellow Corp. posted a 2003 revenue of $3.07 billion, and Yellow Roadway Corp. had a 2004 revenue of $6.8 billion.[6] These revenues continued to increase with the $1.5 billion acquisition of USF Corp in 2005.[7] to a high of $9.9 billion in 2006.[8] These increases also saw jumps in profit, which increased from $40 million in 2003 to $184 million in 2004 to a high of $288 million in 2005.[6][9] Yellow Roadway Corp. also made forays into the international market, particularly China. In September 2005, the company purchased half of Chinese freight-forwarding company JHJ International Transportation Co. Ltd.[8] and in August 2008, bought a 65 percent share of Chinese Shanghai Jiayu Logistics Co.[10]
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YRC_Worldwide

Comment

Lets talk YRC 2020

Zollars was doing awesome in making money until the economy crashed due the the housing market.

Corrected spelling
              Last edited by Jimmy; 02-26-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I had been at New Penn for a whole year after the CF shutdown when the purchase merger occurred.
                I thought I walked into a solid performing company that I knew I could retire from. That changed quickly.
                I did retire, but could have stayed for more abuse.
                It turned out to be a company with no heart and vindictive attitude from management.
                I used my health as an excuse to escape from a job that sucked the life out of me.

Comment

We have had so many that has left on disability ..... the joke around our barn is thats the new way to retire lol

Comment

Maybe YRC should consider purchasing this outfit?

Comment

Another joke around the water cooler. You can shoot your boss man from the knees down with a 38 caliber or less and keep your job [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] because they can’t hire anyone.

[emoji23]Sent from the Jupiter 2 at Alpasentory! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                        Another joke around the water cooler. You can shoot your boss man from the knees down with a 38 caliber or less and keep your job [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] because they can’t hire anyone.

[emoji23]Sent from the Jupiter 2 at Alpasentory! [emoji23]
                        You are correct on that one. They know they're screwed when we decide enough is enough.

Comment

Anyone heard of a COO coming?

Comment

Anyone heard of a COO coming?
                            Heard we had one for the Southwest. Mostly about Dallas and it’s lanes but figure with the current mess, it may get changed and effect more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by piasared View Post
                              Heard we had one for the Southwest. Mostly about Dallas and it’s lanes but figure with the current mess, it may get changed and effect more.

I think it was the COO in late 2017 that hurricane Harvey hit Texas and that COO was delayed until November or something close like that.

Comment

I think it was the COO in late 2017 that hurricane Harvey hit Texas and that COO was delayed until November or something close like that.
                                We have a new one coming up. Buddy runs Dallas and the stewards were discussing it

Comment

Working...
                                X