Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets talk YRC 2020

Originally posted by piasared View Post
    We have a new one coming up. Buddy runs Dallas and the stewards were discussing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been hearing of something but its just been road driver talking at night lol... if you find out something solid please let us know here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      I have been hearing of something but its just been road driver talking at night lol... if you find out something solid please let us know here.
      Will do. But with the current cluster screw up. It will change I’m sure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We completed our semi annual bidding last week. Today it was posted all new bids are cancelled and we are to remain on the old ones. There will be substantial layoffs. I will post numbers when I get them.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
          We completed our semi annual bidding last week. Today it was posted all new bids are cancelled and we are to remain on the old ones. There will be substantial layoffs. I will post numbers when I get them.

I heard 30 management has been laid off in our district. I know of one supervisor at my location was laid off this morning. Down the dock from us Holland told the causals not to come back. Not sure about layoffs in management or labor with Holland.
          Last edited by Jimmy; 04-02-2020, 04:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

17 freight handlers for certain. Voluntarily layoff is looking pretty good.

Comment

17 freight handlers for certain. Voluntarily layoff is looking pretty good.

Over here they wont do voluntary layoffs. We have a few that would take it.

Comment

Good news for Western States members.

YRC layoffs, voluntary layoffs as well, will be reported under current Cova 19 guidelines for unemployment benefits.

Those on layoff status will continue to have insurance coverage the entire time under Cova 19 guidelines. In other words, the 100 hr rule is being waved.

Comment

They call us on slow days in seniority order by our bid times and ask if we want to come in or take a paid day or unpaid day. Since we just got our vacation and personals yesterday I took a vacation day today. Right now they can probably do that till it picks up again and it's done by choice by individuals instead of forcing bottom guys home it could change but that probably depends on our customers needs and we have some who are life sustaining who keep us busy. And it depends how long this covid 19 thing drags out. Soon people out of work won't have much money to buy stuff. Until the government checks roll in. Unemployment payment is rumored to take 4 weeks to get right now.
                  Last edited by slavenomore; 04-02-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I do believe if it was a COO coming this year that's put on a big hold now.

Comment

We know who will be first in line for their favorite thing.
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-corporations/
                      Loans.
                      https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...rings-attached

They could pay back loans with it.....how many think they will?
                      That's what I thought.
                      Last edited by slavenomore; 04-28-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

YRC tonnage decline leads to stock dropping.

Shares of YRC Worldwide sink on weak midquarter report
                        YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) has provided a brief update on shipping and yield metrics for the first two months of the second quarter of 2020, and the numbers raise concerns.
                        In a press release, the Overland Park, Kansas-based less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier reported an 18.6% year-over-year tonnage-per-day decline through the first two months of the quarter with revenue per hundredweight, or yield, declining 6.3%.
                        The carrier reported a 22.6% year-over-year decline in April tonnage with yield moving 5.8% lower. May tonnage was down 14.5% with a 6.7% yield decline.
                        This likely added fodder for the YRC bears, which are suggesting that shippers are avoiding the carrier as speculation on its survival ramps up or are still shipping with the company albeit at an inferior rate.
                        YRC did see improving trends during May, which supports some analysts’ thesis that April was the bottom of the cycle.
                        Shares of YRCW were off more than 13% on the news and are down 23% since Monday’s close.
                        https://www.freightwaves.com/news/sh...quarter-report

Comment

The workers are not pleased.

Comment

The workers are not pleased.

that's putting it mildly

Comment