What did Ya just finish doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did Ya just finish doing?

Waking up to much colder temps finally, and much higher humidity thankfully! They say despite the extreme drought we are now in, we are getting a winter storm Sunday night through Tuesday. Bring it on!!! So much better than the fire danger we have dealt with all summer and still are.

Comment

Battening down the hatches before the storm

Comment

Waking up to our second morning of snow. Very thankful for the moisture.

Comment

cooked a package of breakfast sausages in my new Johnsonville indoor griller....

IMG_0004 (1).JPG

IMG_0005 (3).JPG

8 minutes cook time

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
            cooked a package of breakfast sausages in my new Johnsonville indoor griller....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1901[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1902[/ATTACH]

8 minutes cook time
            mmmm ... I prefer Bob Evans ... but any sausage is good !

Comment

Yep, Bobs has great sausage. Same size links and patties so they fit in the Johnsonville griller too.
              I usually buy Bob Evans breakfast links , but when I orderd the griller , Johnsonville sent me a coupon
              for a free pack of links.

Comment

You wouldn't believe the issues trying to get kitchen appliances, and some furniture.
                Costco didn't have the size fridge I need. Best Buy said they have it, along with dishwasher and microwave.
                Nope ! They called Saturday late ( about this Monday's delivery ) and said sorry, we don't have it after all. They rescheduled another delivery date.
                I now found the dishwasher and microwave at another competitor. That is due to deliver this Thursday. I'll cancel the others when I have actual possession of the appliances.
                Furniture ... in stock stuff is hard to find.
                Prices ? Way too much. Guess I'm just getting old.

BTW, wanted made in the US stuff. LG and Samsung are made in Mexico. I went with Whirlpool.

Comment

Yep , Last spring I bought bedroom set and had to wait a couple months for it. The salesman said sales were
                  surprisinly good , perhaps because of the lockdowns people were at home more and noticing the
                  condition of the old stuff.

Appliances...Last week I needed a new toaster, bought a cheapie two slicer. Cost about 15$.
                  It had a 1 year warranty, Just for the heck of it , I read the fine print...for warranty repair or
                  replacement , the purchaser has to pay shipping to and from the manufacturer...in CHINA.
                  Thats right...pay shipping to and from China to warranty a 15$ toaster. Ya gotta love it!

In keeping this post on topic, I just finished putting two AA batteries in my TV remote.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                    You wouldn't believe the issues trying to get kitchen appliances, and some furniture.
                    Costco didn't have the size fridge I need. Best Buy said they have it, along with dishwasher and microwave.
                    Nope ! They called Saturday late ( about this Monday's delivery ) and said sorry, we don't have it after all. They rescheduled another delivery date.
                    I now found the dishwasher and microwave at another competitor. That is due to deliver this Thursday. I'll cancel the others when I have actual possession of the appliances.
                    Furniture ... in stock stuff is hard to find.
                    Prices ? Way too much. Guess I'm just getting old.

BTW, wanted made in the US stuff. LG and Samsung are made in Mexico. I went with Whirlpool.
                    We bought new furniture this past summer from American Home Furniture, a very large and reputable store here in NM. What a nightmare that turned into. We have a small house so we ordered two loveseats, each in a different fabric. They delivered one with no explanation as to where the other one was. I call the store and find out it is on back order for the next three months after they told us it would be there in two weeks when we actually ordered it at the store. I asked if we could buy the one on the floor that matched the one they had delivered. Manager said no. That did not settle with me. I called back a few days later and raised hell. Our house is full of furniture from this store and I did not like the treatment we were getting. That manager sold me the one on the floor at a discount. Turns out the original one we wanted was made of fabric from China so that was the hold up. Also bought an LG stove from Home Depot. When it got here the back side was very dented. Not enough to cause any harm and you cannot see the damage when stove is in place so we excepted it with a $75.00 refund. Crazy nonsense trying to get anything right now!

Just finished bringing in some wood for the stove.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                      mmmm ... I prefer Bob Evans ... but any sausage is good !
                      Originally posted by x475 View Post
                      Yep, Bobs has great sausage. Same size links and patties so they fit in the Johnsonville griller too.
                      I usually buy Bob Evans breakfast links , but when I orderd the griller , Johnsonville sent me a coupon
                      for a free pack of links.
                      You guys are sausage connoisseurs. I buy what the local market grinds. They have breakfast link and patty hot or mild and Italian hot or mild. Almost forgot they came up with one that has maple syrup flavor. We have a well used Foreman Grill for that duty. That new grill you have X looks like a dandy.

Just finished my first pickup of the fay.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by 222lifer; 11-02-2020, 01:43 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

Just found my hot water heater leaking !
                        The plumber was doing work yesterday. I hope it's something simple ... but with home ownership, it's never simple, easy or cheap !

Comment

Returning from the weirdest trip to Costco ever. We were evacuated from the store due to an electrical fire in the kitchen area. The fire department arrived as we left the building and within a half hour we were back in checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                            Returning from the weirdest trip to Costco ever. We were evacuated from the store due to an electrical fire in the kitchen area. The fire department arrived as we left the building and within a half hour we were back in checking out.
                            Wow!!! I need to make a quick trip there but as soon as our governor announced on Friday a shut down on NON ESSENTIAL businesses, the citizens of ABQ went crazy and cleaned the shelves. I cannot imagine what it would be like today as the shut down starts tomorrow. Of course that DOES NOT include grocery stores!!!

Comment

Just got back from LabCorp. More blood work.
                              Time for breakfast since I had to fast. And coffee !

Comment

Just got our delivery of flooring. The company, Durato, is located in Langhorne Pa.
                                As I inspected the boxes I noticed a small printed "Made in PRC".
                                Not happy, but it seems we can't get away from the Chinese imports.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X