UPS wins paid time off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS wins paid time off

UPS corporation has granted paid time off for those affected with the COVID-19 virus.

COVID-19: UPSERS WIN PAID LEAVE
    UPS will pay up to ten days of paid leave to Teamsters who are diagnosed with COVID-19, living with someone with COVID-19, or have been quarantined by a government agency, medical professional or UPS.
    UPS management had previously announced that workers affected by the Coronavirus would only be granted unpaid leave.
    More than 15,000 Teamsters signed a petition from UPS Teamsters United protesting the company’s failure to provide paid leave or address hazardous unsanitary conditions. We made our voices heard!

UPS has reached an agreement with the Teamsters to pay workers up to 10 days of paid leave at the worker’s daily guarantee if you are:

diagnosed with COVID-19
    living with someone with COVID-19, or
    quarantined by a government agency, medical professional or UPS
    COVID-19 UPDATE: UPSers Win Paid Leave Benefits - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Re: UPS wins paid time off

Another story coming from the employees at UPS and other package delivery services.
    I can understand what they are saying. My wife has been ordered to report for work, inside the New Jersey state prison system. She is placed in close contact with inmates and can't practice the governors ordered "social distancing" rule. They ( the government and employers ) are saying one thing, but completely ignoring the directives issued by the government.

‘TERRIFIED’ PACKAGE DELIVERY EMPLOYEES ARE GOING TO WORK SICK
    Hour after hour, day after day, the packages keep arriving: food, medicine, clothes, toys and a million other items brought to the doorsteps and building lobbies of Americans who are hunkering down as the coronavirus sweeps the land.
    An increasing number of the workers sorting those boxes, loading them into trucks and then transporting and delivering them around the country have fallen sick.
    They have coughs, sore throats, aches and fevers — symptoms consistent with the coronavirus. Yet they are still reporting for their shifts in crowded shipping facilities and warehouses and truck depots, fearful of what will happen if they don’t.
    “I have been coming in sick because I’m worried that I’ll lose my job or just be punished if I call out,” said Angel Duarte, a package handler at a UPS hub in Tucson, Ariz. “I am 23, and I have no savings, and I have a 4-month-old son.”
    ‘Terrified’ Package Delivery Employees Are Going to Work Sick - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Comment

Working...
    X