Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

https://www.voicesforpensionsecurity.com/take-action

Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

Although I think it is a great idea,but when something like the pension bill is added then more and more politicians will be adding stuff off their wishlist. These bills should be stand alone bills. It was just a few days ago when Pelosi tried to get abortions added to the first covid19 bill. You can't pick and choose.

Comment

Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

Originally posted by crazy View Post
      Although I think it is a great idea,but when something like the pension bill is added then more and more politicians will be adding stuff off their wishlist. These bills should be stand alone bills. It was just a few days ago when Pelosi tried to get abortions added to the first covid19 bill. You can't pick and choose.
      To be honest I don’t care what they could add. I just want my pension back like so many. I’m 55 with 32 years and in central states. I won’t retire,
      It will be broke or I’ll die trying to retire

Sent from the Jupiter 2 at Alpasentory!

Comment

29% a few years ago was our cut,I am hoping that they dont take anymore.

Comment

Do my right leaning brothers actually think McConnell is going to listen and cave? How long has the House Butch Lewis bill been stalled on his desk? His coal miner constitutes got their pension bailout. Republicans....................

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
            Do my right leaning brothers actually think McConnell is going to listen and cave? How long has the House Butch Lewis bill been stalled on his desk? His coal miner constitutes got their pension bailout. Republicans....................
            I agree with you 100%.. I have sent emails to both my senators more than a few times.. I usually get back the generic response.. Although I don't totally agree with adding crap to bills I did send them this morning when clicking on the link provided.. I do remember that the bill that allowed my pension to be cut {about 35 to 40% } was something that was added in the last minutes of a bill to be voted on.. It does work both ways..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
              I agree with you 100%.. I have sent emails to both my senators more than a few times.. I usually get back the generic response.. Although I don't totally agree with adding crap to bills I did send them this morning when clicking on the link provided.. I do remember that the bill that allowed my pension to be cut {about 35 to 40% } was something that was added in the last minutes of a bill to be voted on.. It does work both ways..
              Ahh the Kline-Miller backroom deal. I didn't realize that affected 641's pension cuts. Did you guys actually vote on it? My Red Star buddies who retired from 641 YRCW can't explain how it was done? They have gone back to work for Shoprite as casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                Ahh the Kline-Miller backroom deal. I didn't realize that affected 641's pension cuts. Did you guys actually vote on it? My Red Star buddies who retired from 641 YRCW can't explain how it was done? They have gone back to work for Shoprite as casuals.
                Never voted on anything.. Letter came a few weeks before Christmas..

Comment

Let's see if the next round of "coronavirus relief" helps the pension funds.

Unions, employers want pension relief included in coronavirus aid talks
                  A rescue plan for union pension plans nearing insolvency, exacerbated by plunging stock markets and skyrocketing unemployment, didn’t make it into last month’s massive COVID-19 aid package.
                  But together with high-level Democratic support, and an alliance of sorts with large employers that have their own pension problems, the issue is back on the table as the White House and lawmakers start discussions on another pandemic relief plan.
                  Unions and affected companies are lobbying for something akin to a 30-page draft bill circulated last month by Senate Democrats, which melds aid to single employers with aspects of competing union rescue plans pushed by House Democrats and Senate Republicans over the past year.
                  But none of the multi-employer plan provisions made it into the final package, with the White House and Senate Republicans staunchly opposed to what they deemed a “bailout” for unions without putting in place structural changes aimed at preventing insolvency down the road.
                  The letter also asserts that Trump himself supported the hybrid proposal discussed last month before most of it was ultimately jettisoned in the final talks. Pelosi said much the same in a call with reporters earlier this month, blaming its removal on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
                  Moscow Mitch rides again.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/04/17/...rus-aid-talks/

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                    Let's see if the next round of "coronavirus relief" helps the pension funds.

Unions, employers want pension relief included in coronavirus aid talks

Moscow Mitch rides again.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/04/17/...rus-aid-talks/
                    I have no words to describe McConnell that will pass the word filter.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

That would be a very large number across all the states.
                      Pensions that were not in trouble will soon be reporting the damage. Because pensions don't report quarterly the real report won't come till around Christmas long after the handouts. That won't help democrats in November so no real support there either.

Comment

Working...
                      X