Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medicare for All

Originally posted by crazy View Post
    It is Medicare that allows these nursing homes to operate without oversight.. I delivered to a few over the years and for the most part most of the workers seemed to be low paid employees that most likely don't give a crap..I have also delivered to a high priced expensive one.. big difference in the care you get.. Again what I am saying is before you wish for something it needs to be fixed or start with something totally different with a different name.. When I hear Medicare for all it is what I have sen that will come to mind..
    So basically right now, your thinking is that with the healthcare system we have, the rich get the best healthcare and everybody can die ... depending on the profit those companies that insure us regular people stand to make ?
    The system has been broken.
    We were promised, “to have insurance for everybody”, and “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”, and yet, 39 months into his term, nothing, nada, zilch.

Remove profit from my healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
      So basically right now, your thinking is that with the healthcare system we have, the rich get the best healthcare and everybody can die ... depending on the profit those companies that insure us regular people stand to make ?
      The system has been broken.
      We were promised, “to have insurance for everybody”, and “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”, and yet, 39 months into his term, nothing, nada, zilch.

Remove profit from my healthcare.
      Tell that to your Democratic Congress people than ran in 2018 to fix healthcare. But as soon as they were elected they went on a impeachment program and pushed it to the max. They must of forgot about the promises they made to the American people.. And before you tell me that there should be a separate thread for impeachment you have to connect the dots. The democrats were focused on one thing and we all know what it was..

Comment

They must of forgot about the promises they made to the American people.
        Yea, OK.
        Now tell me about the promises Trump made to the American people.

Comment

Yea, OK.
          Guess you forgot already or you just don't want to hear about it. But if I remember correctly there is a thread stated for Trumps broken promises. Maybe you want to post something there. The Congress people that ran in 2018 ran in a number one promise to fix our broken healthcare . After they won their seats that promise went out the door and impeachment became the number one issue. Let's see if you can deny it.

Comment

Guess you forgot already or you just don't want to hear about it. But if I remember correctly there is a thread stated for Trumps broken promises. Maybe you want to post something there. The Congress people that ran in 2018 ran in a number one promise to fix our broken healthcare . After they won their seats that promise went out the door and impeachment became the number one issue. Let's see if you can deny it.
            Yep, ok. Spin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, OK.
              Yep, ok. Spin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              So now just who is trying to spin this?? Post 33 days it all.

Comment

So now just who is trying to spin this?? Post 33 days it all.

So report my posts !

Remove profit from my healthcare !

Comment

So report my posts !

Report it to who?? You?? Your the off topic guru..

Comment

Little triangle icon at the bottom left of the page. The administrators will see it. Tell them I am off topic ... or whatever.

Comment

You know how to report a post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                        You know how to report a post.
                        I have before and they went unanswered.

Comment

Hey ... I have said this before.

Now if we all had insurance ( medicare for all, universal healthcare, whatever you want to call it ) for all the citizens, not just those with jobs that supply it, or those folks wealthy enough to afford it's ridiculous costs, then people wouldn't go bankrupt, or go without medicines, etc.
                          This is something that shouldn't happen in today's world.

12 million have lost employer-sponsored health insurance during pandemic
                          The coronavirus is not only deadly, it's also leaving many Americans without medical coverage as the unemployment rate continues to surge.
                          Since the pandemic hit the U.S., more than 6 million Americans have lost health insurance they'd previously had through their work. And when you take into account spouses and children, the number of those affected climbs to more than 12 million, according to new research.
                          "Because most U.S. workers rely on their employer or a family member's employer for health insurance, the shock of the coronavirus has cost millions of Americans their jobs and their access to health care in the midst of a public health catastrophe," according to Josh Bivens, director of research at the Economic Policy Institute, a left-leaning think tank.
                          With more than half of Americans relying on an employer for health insurance, the prospect of mass layoffs during a pandemic creates a potential public health crisis, other researchers have noted.
                          At a minimum, the federal government should pay for all testing and treatment for coronavirus-related expenses, the researchers said.
                          As Zipperer put it: "The coronavirus pandemic has exposed how incomplete and threadbare the U.S. safety net and social insurance system is."
                          https://www.cbsnews.com/news/health-...er-sponsored/?

Comment

Have to rant once more.
                            Just went to the pharmacy for a few scrips. I know all about GoodRX and all the discount drug programs. They all say the same thing ... "this is not insurance". Their web site states that.
                            When I signed up for Drug Coverage ( another policy attached to Medicare ) I had to list my meds. Now if I vary those meds, or add a new med, my very low co-pay for 90 days ( of $3 ) isn't available.
                            In fact this last one had a price of $107 though my insurance, yet with GoodRX it cost $21.
                            Another was $54 and that dropped to $24 with GoodRX.

So why the wild price swings for the same drugs ?
                            Why does free market capitalism have to have their hand in my healthcare ?

We are getting whipped everyday with drug, healthcare and insurance costs.
                            I recall somebody posting about lowering drug prices ... yea, no. Hasn't happened.
                            That great wonderful healthcare we would all receive at a faction of the cost ... yea, no. That hasn't happened either.

Comment

Isn't it great that all those infected politicians have the very best healthcare available to them ... but it's not available to us.
                              Something needs to change, besides the resident in the oval office.

As Covid-Positive GOP Politicians Enjoy Healthcare They 'Would Deny Others,' Coronavirus Pandemic Again Makes Case for Medicare for All
                              The case for Medicare for All was once again made by the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, Sen. Ed Markey tweeted on Sunday, after Republican politicians were able to check themselves into hospitals shortly after announcing they had tested positive for Covid-19.
                              Markey noted that throughout the coronavirus pandemic, in which more than 7.4 million cases have been detected and more than 209,000 people in the U.S. have died, people have attempted to get care at hospitals after testing positive and showing worsening symptoms, only to be turned away and "told only to come back when they could not breathe."
                              "Now politicians are checking into hospitals as a 'precaution.' Healthcare should be a right, not a privilege," Markey wrote. "We need Medicare for All."
                              The senator's statement came a day after former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a member of the president's debate prep team this past week, announced he was checking himself into Morristown Medical Center after testing positive on Saturday.
                              On Twitter, journalist Anand Giridharadas summarized the last week in Trump's presidency, during which the New York Times also reported on his failure to pay taxes for 10 of the 15 years preceding his term, and that he paid just $750 in 2016 and 2017.
                              "He hosted a super-spreader event to honor a justice who would have the government control your body but refuse the duty to care for it, and when the virus he helped go around came around, he availed of the healthcare he would deny others, financed by the taxes he refuses to pay."
                              https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...zUFf1TBW3fny_c

Comment

Working...
                              X