Corona virus and the Stimulus bill..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona virus and the Stimulus bill..

Seems to me that when you rush a bill there are always a few hiccups along the way. This bill seems to have many . I have talked to many that are now unemployed and have yet to get a check.. I know a few who have small businesses and have yet been able to get a loan. I am talking about small mom and pop stores, a local restaurant and others that are self employed.But yet the richer businesses seem to get right through the red tape..I sure hope they get it right and quickly or there will be many businesses shutting down ..

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/st...nds-brokerages

Stimulus intended to help coronavirus-ravaged small businesses instead rewarding hedge funds, brokerages

When the chief executive of a midsized bank was briefed on the status of small-business loans being made under the federal government's coronavirus stimulus plan, he nearly hit the roof.

The bank was receiving applications not just from those barely solvent mom-and-pop businesses like restaurants, salons and family-run factories shuttered amid the nationwide pandemic shutdown that the legislation was supposed to help.

Flowing into his system were applications from businesses no one would consider small, or even barely solvent: Midsized hedge funds, brokerage businesses, small law firms, all outfits that are making money, much of it through fee income, and many operating remotely almost as if nothing had changed.

Re: Corona virus and the Stimulus bill..

Originally posted by crazy View Post
    Seems to me that when you rush a bill there are always a few hiccups along the way. This bill seems to have many . I have talked to many that are now unemployed and have yet to get a check.. I know a few who have small businesses and have yet been able to get a loan. I am talking about small mom and pop stores, a local restaurant and others that are self employed.But yet the richer businesses seem to get right through the red tape..I sure hope they get it right and quickly or there will be many businesses shutting down ..

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/st...nds-brokerages

Stimulus intended to help coronavirus-ravaged small businesses instead rewarding hedge funds, brokerages
    Absolutely no surprise here!

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
      But where does the blame go?? Maybe the bankers diong favors for their favorite businesses ,maybe kick backs?? We all know there corruption involved.. Doubt they ever get prosecuted..

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
        I agree ABFwife...I hear endless about how to stay home and 'flatten the curve' when there's paltry economic support to do so...And TRILLIONS are given away to big business with little accountability while small businesses are shuttered without help...

And we're supposed to take our $1,200 pittance,if we even get that,with a smile and a Thank You...''When will we see our small coin'' say the peasants...The long lines for food are a predictable outcome...And I see a false offer of help for renters and homeowners in distress...Millions of Working Class Americans are in for one hell of a ride in this country...

Here in Jersey,Murphy's already talking about massive layoffs in the public sector,as well as De Blasio and Cuomo in NY without government intervention...And this is just the beginning of the 'New Normal' of the American Dream...Thoughts and Prayers to ALL Working Class Americans...

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/unf...is-in-the-u-s/

Comment

Besides the many many colleges that have grabbed their piece of the pie here is another example of a someone who does not deserve any stimulus money since they have a long list of very wealthy donors.

The Axios Bailout

https://freebeacon.com/media/the-axi...44BJ9vPovMVhUQ

Washington Free Beacon Editors - APRIL 24, 2020 5:20 PM

As Congress and the U.S. Treasury shovel billions of dollars to struggling businesses and fraudsters alike, we must be thankful for media organizations that are providing some accountability for the public. Publicly traded companies that cut to the front of the line for the Paycheck Protection Program have been browbeaten and berated.
          But what would the media do when the perpetrator was one of their own? Axios, a digital media property with billionaire backers and a sponsorship roster that reads like a who's who of the Fortune 100, has provided us the opportunity to find out. In a brief post on Wednesday, Axios CEO Jim VandeHei informed readers that the site had received just shy of $5 million in the first round of PPP funding.
          The story got a brief mention from the Hill and editorial treatment from Lloyd Grove in the Daily Beast. But as near as we can tell, other mainstream outlets have been conspicuously mum.
          That silence smells of the media's characteristic unwillingness to police itself in the Trump era.
          The site's bailout—according to its own reporting—was larger than that received by nearly 99 percent of other companies. Shake Shack has over 6,000 employees and received $10 million. Axios got half as much to cover the wages of fewer than 200. Since 75 percent of PPP loans must go towards payroll to be forgiven, that means the site spends big bucks on salaries, outlays financed by generous investors, among them the billionaire widow Laurene Powell Jobs and Comcast subsidiary NBC News.

The Treasury Department recently stipulated that companies should only seek PPP loans if they can't get additional funding elsewhere, advising applicants that they must certify they are unable "to access other sources of liquidity sufficient to support their ongoing operations in a manner that is not significantly detrimental to the business."

Did Laurene Powell Jobs, whose net worth is reportedly north of $25 billion, deny Axios additional funds? Did NBC, whose star business correspondent, Stephanie Ruhle, has been arguing that PPP is "designed for businesses forced to shut down" and slamming "big businesses" and those that aren't in dire need for taking government funds?

Comment

https://youtu.be/DLxY0nXSd_U
            Well will look at that, Kentucky is the Biggest Takers of all Nation, the biggest free riders

Comment

Originally posted by fedexnuno View Post
              https://youtu.be/DLxY0nXSd_U
              Well will look at that, Kentucky is the Biggest Takers of all Nation, the biggest free riders
              So did andy tell you this state was already 6 billion in the hole before this covid started.All he is looking for is his azz covered because he couldn't run a one man taxi co.
              Just another liberal trying to make a quarter out of a nickel ,it doesnt work.I believe 4 or 5 months ago he was talking about making college free including all illegal aliens, now he is crying no money, tough sh-t andy,you built you fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                So did andy tell you this state was already 6 billion in the hole before this covid started.All he is looking for is his azz covered because he couldn't run a one man taxi co.
                Just another liberal trying to make a quarter out of a nickel ,it doesnt work.I believe 4 or 5 months ago he was talking about making college free including all illegal aliens, now he is crying no money, tough sh-t andy,you built you fix it.

Comment

I think that the federal government should help the States out but just for Covid19 related expenses.. It shouldn't be a free ride to a balanced budget. I have been told that in PA half of the gas tax collected goes to state police pensions. They can't seem to invest properly so just tax the people. We have about the highest gas tax in the country. But like you stated any federal money shouldn't go to any of these states free college for illegals or other free crap they give the illegals.

Comment

Speak all you want for NY....ME?....I'm speaking for Jersey brother,as well as I'm sure Nuno in California...Fact of the matter is,I'm sick and tired of BAILING OUT 'Blood Sucking Conservative States like Kentucky to the tune of Billions of dollars decade after decade...I got a question brother...What ever happened to that ''Rugged Individualism and Bootstraps'' in most of those ''Conservative Blood Sucking States'' that LIBRUL Blue States have to BAIL OUT year after year after year...0NE THIRD of Kentucky residents live in POVERTY!!!!....Where does MY Blue State Taxes go?,when it sure as hell not going to the people who need it...It goes into that BLOOD Sucking Conservative McConnell's pocket,that's where...

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/ken...artless-greed/

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                      Speak all you want for NY....ME?....I'm speaking for Jersey brother,as well as I'm sure Nuno in California...Fact of the matter is,I'm sick and tired of BAILING OUT 'Blood Sucking Conservative States like Kentucky to the tune of Billions of dollars decade after decade...I got a question brother...What ever happened to that ''Rugged Individualism and Bootstraps'' in most of those ''Conservative Blood Sucking States'' that LIBRUL Blue States have to BAIL OUT year after year after year...0NE THIRD of Kentucky residents live in POVERTY!!!!....Where does MY Blue State Taxes go?,when it sure as hell not going to the people who need it...It goes into that BLOOD Sucking Conservative McConnell's pocket,that's where...

Maybe it's time that all States just fend for themselves..

Comment

Once the tax money leaves my pocket,I have no control over where it goes.As far as Kentucky residents living in poverty, are they any different than the poverty stricken in NY,NJ,CA or any other state,I dont think so.
                        Sounds to me like your a little jealous of Kentucky.

Comment

Once the tax money leaves my pocket,I have no control over where it goes.As far as Kentucky residents living in poverty, are they any different than the poverty stricken in NY,NJ,CA or any other state,I dont think so.
                          Sounds to me like your a little jealous of Kentucky.
                          Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever,seeing how you completely disregarded the facts I posted about state and federal tax dollars,why I am not surprised...I can tell you one thing I'm not jealous of,and that's your complete and utter ignorance on any given topic...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                            Maybe it's time that all States just fend for themselves..
                            Sounds like a plan crazy,sounds like a plan...

Comment

Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever,seeing how you completely disregarded the facts I posted about state and federal tax dollars,why I am not surprised...I can tell you one thing I'm not jealous of,and that's your complete and utter ignorance on any given topic...
                              Yes excuse my ignorance,I keep forgetting you are the sharpest pencil in the drawer.

Comment

Working...
                              X