Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Fedex Rant

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: My Fedex Rant

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    My package finally arrive yesterday about two weeks late. It is called Fedex smartpost when it goes from Fedex to the post office. I have one of those mail boxes that are in a cluster out on the street. If the package doesn't fit in our box, there are about six larger boxes on the bottom. I get an email yesterday morning that our post office had it out for delivery. I go and look about 2:00 and all our mail is there but the box. I call the post office and they don't have it. About 4:30 I get an email they attempted to deliver it. Had to go pick it up at the post office. This is constant with the post office now too.
    We went through this with our USPS mail contractor.. She didn't want to deliver any packages and would just leave a note that our package was in the post office and we had to go there to retrieve it.. well along came Amazon and when USPS got the bulk of the Amazon deliveries.. Again she refused to deliver them to houses.. That all changed when we called Amazon and in turn the USPS in Washington.. We found out after all these years she was suppose to be delivering them.. The local Post Master got scolded for it.. Now everyone on her route gets their packages delivered.. Amazon switched us back to UPS only.. My son still gets his through the mail and he always orders his water from Amazon.. And now with online so busy she has been forced to take all her packages out and then go back for her regular mail.. I stick it to her at Christmas too Left her a tree dollar tip last Christmas..
    As far as the packages that ship through Fedex and UPS and deliver through the PO, our regular drivers skip the PO and deliver it directly to us..Our Fedex driver has said it is busier now than during the holiday seasons..

2. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    We went through this with our USPS mail contractor.. She didn't want to deliver any packages and would just leave a note that our package was in the post office and we had to go there to retrieve it.. well along came Amazon and when USPS got the bulk of the Amazon deliveries.. Again she refused to deliver them to houses.. That all changed when we called Amazon and in turn the USPS in Washington.. We found out after all these years she was suppose to be delivering them.. The local Post Master got scolded for it.. Now everyone on her route gets their packages delivered.. Amazon switched us back to UPS only.. My son still gets his through the mail and he always orders his water from Amazon.. And now with online so busy she has been forced to take all her packages out and then go back for her regular mail.. I stick it to her at Christmas too Left her a tree dollar tip last Christmas..
    As far as the packages that ship through Fedex and UPS and deliver through the PO, our regular drivers skip the PO and deliver it directly to us..Our Fedex driver has said it is busier now than during the holiday seasons..
    I call the post office and the package is out with the driver. Problem is, there are not enough of the larger post office boxes in the cluster for all the online packages he is delivering. That's why they end up going back to the post office with him at the end of the day. I have pulled up to get my mail and he will be delivering and his little suv is filled with packages. I would think that alone would be keeping the post office busy but that's another subject. So the large amount of packages coming in is a problem and I understand that. Not sure what the answer is. It is the tracking issue with Fedex that is a huge problem and I really do not want to do business with them. I find that most products that have free shipping are the ones coming Fedex. Probably going to chose paying for the shipping if it means UPS but a person really does not know that until the package actually ships as to who is going to deliver it.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I call the post office and the package is out with the driver. Problem is, there are not enough of the larger post office boxes in the cluster for all the online packages he is delivering. That's why they end up going back to the post office with him at the end of the day. I have pulled up to get my mail and he will be delivering and his little suv is filled with packages. I would think that alone would be keeping the post office busy but that's another subject. So the large amount of packages coming in is a problem and I understand that. Not sure what the answer is. It is the tracking issue with Fedex that is a huge problem and I really do not want to do business with them. I find that most products that have free shipping are the ones coming Fedex. Probably going to chose paying for the shipping if it means UPS but a person really does not know that until the package actually ships as to who is going to deliver it.
    "Free Shipping" is what turned into trucking's nightmare..We have noticed almost all of the fresh food she buys on line comes with FedEx..

5. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

My package finally arrive yesterday about two weeks late. It is called Fedex smartpost when it goes from Fedex to the post office. I have one of those mail boxes that are in a cluster out on the street. If the package doesn't fit in our box, there are about six larger boxes on the bottom. I get an email yesterday morning that our post office had it out for delivery. I go and look about 2:00 and all our mail is there but the box. I call the post office and they don't have it. About 4:30 I get an email they attempted to deliver it. Had to go pick it up at the post office. This is constant with the post office now too.
    I have a few subscriptions on some items that ship automatically and they come FedEx Smart Post. They all take 7-10 before the USPS delivers them. I think this is the normal when its FedEx Smart Post. One subscription is every 3 months and I get sent the HVAC filters for my system. They ship from a town in NC thats only a 2h 23m drive from me but its at least 5-7 days before its finally delivered.

EDIT: Them days I mentioned are after its shipped.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 05-06-2020 at 10:32 AM.

7. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

This is actually from yesterday afternoon.. We received two meat orders form FedEx Ground.. I don't know why but it seems all the perishable orders come via FedEx .. Last week we received an order a day late and most of it was no good.. Talking to the driver {our regular} he explained they are overwhelmed.. His route normally has about 120 to 140 stops a day.. It is now averaging about 400 stops..{UPS has five trucks in the same area} They had to break the route in two..He said yesterday they were so backed up that they brought in a few straight trucks from FedEx Freight and FedEx Freight drivers to deliver the heavier residential deliveries .. I asked him if he knew how much an hour the FedEx freight drivers made and he said no.. When I told him that is around $25 an hour he seemed a wee bit upset..I think he is on salary as he works for a contractor.. Hope I didn't talk him in to quitting as we do have him trained right.. Puts all the packages in the garage.. But I did tell him it's a good time to bring in the union..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12